Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Marter714

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do I need to do to get custom wallpapers?
I have a launch day Switch on 8.1
Also can I get banned for just having a custom wallpaper?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do I need to do to get custom wallpapers?
I have a launch day Switch on 8.1
Also can I get banned for just having a custom wallpaper?
You will need CFW like Atmosphere for custom wallpapers. You will need to use the RCM exploit for that. If you use custom wallpaper (or any homebrew) on your Switch without using an emuNAND, yes, you can get banned.

Reactions: Marter714

Marter714

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You will need CFW like Atmosphere for custom wallpapers. You will need to use the RCM exploit for that. If you use custom wallpaper (or any homebrew) on your Switch without using an emuNAND, yes, you can get banned.
How do I get an emuNAND?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I get an emuNAND?
You will partition your SD card and copy your sysNAND to that partition. You will then use all of your hacks with an offline emuNAND while keeping your sysNAND clean and able to use online without being banned.

This also means your custom wallpaper will only work on your emuNAND. If that's all you want, it might not be worth the trouble.

Marter714

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You will partition your SD card and copy your sysNAND to that partition. You will then use all of your hacks with an offline emuNAND while keeping your sysNAND clean and able to use online without being banned.

This also means your custom wallpaper will only work on your emuNAND. If that's all you want, it might not be worth the trouble.
Yeah doesn't really sound worth it.
Thank you for the help though!

Dlited96

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got Fire Emblem three Houses and I wanna hack it. Main problem is I have absolutely no idea how to do that and all the guides seem to be very overwhelming. I was hoping someone could tell me straight up and simple how to get started. I don't even know where to start or how to do this, mannn I miss powersaves so much.

NazoXIII

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just getting back into the switch scene after dipping out in March/April, so I have a question about Atmos Emunand.

With EmuMMC being compartmentalized in a hidden partition, is it still necessary to have to restore a NAND backup every time I want to go online on Sysnand or are we finally past that?

Sorry if this has been asked, I was drawing a blank on the search.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just getting back into the switch scene after dipping out in March/April, so I have a question about Atmos Emunand.

With EmuMMC being compartmentalized in a hidden partition, is it still necessary to have to restore a NAND backup every time I want to go online on Sysnand or are we finally past that?

Sorry if this has been asked, I was drawing a blank on the search.
As long as you keep the partition with CFW/homebrew offline, you do not have to restore a clean NAND dump before going online.

Mupo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Noob question :) I am running FW 5.1.0 and I want to update. I have no plans to go online at any point. Should I just turn my wi-fi on update the normal way or its better to use ChoiDujourNX?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noob question :) I am running FW 5.1.0 and I want to update. I have no plans to go online at any point. Should I just turn my wi-fi on update the normal way or its better to use ChoiDujourNX?
First, make sure you have a clean NAND backup somewhere in case you decide someday you want to use online play.

If you are using homebrew, NSP files, etc., you should not be connecting your Switch to the internet without 90DNS and/or Incognito. In addition to preventing a ban, they will also block online updates through the system settings. You should use ChoiDujourNX to update.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am sure I will never go online with this unit. The console has been used only in flight mode so far.
If you're paranoid, you can still install Incognito and/or 90DNS.

I should have also mentioned that, while a clean NAND backup will be required if you ever do decide one day to use online play, a NAND backup should have been made and kept somewhere safe regardless of your online intentions. Some bricks require a NAND backup for recovery.

Francesca

Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
What's the best firmware for my Switch emunand, 8.1.0 or something older?

Secondly, what firmware does Fire Emblem Three Houses require?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the best firmware for my Switch emunand, 8.1.0 or something older?
There is no reason not to update your emuNAND to 8.1.0. Newer games will require 8.1.0 eventually (if they don't already).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is there any risk if I update online?
If it's a dirty NAND (i.e. you've used hacks with it), you might get banned if you connect it to the internet. If you install 90DNS and/or Incognito, you can't get banned, but you also can't update through the system settings.

Reactions: Francesca

Francesca

Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
There is no reason not to update your emuNAND to 8.1.0. Newer games will require 8.1.0 eventually (if they don't already).

All right, now I just need to figure out how to update it.

I asked cause back in the 3DS hacking era sometimes it wasn't advised to update to the latest firmware because certain tools weren't supported.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...