OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
icon_header.jpg

What is it?
Kefir Updater is a homebrew for Nintendo switch, which can update Kefir or add linked Nintendo account by one-click!​

Instruction for automatic update
1. Download KefirUpdater.nro
2. Put it into sdmc://switch/kefirupdater
3. Run Kefir Updater from hbmenu
4. Press Check updates in menu
5. Follow the prompts that appear on the screen.
Instruction for add linked account
1. Run Kefir Updater from hbmenu
2. Click "Add linked Account"
Follow the prompts that appear on the screen.​

Download from this thread. Releases page available soon

UPDATE 0.3.0

Now you can add linked Nintendo account by one-click.
Any old accounts are deleted. Before use this feature, please, dump all your saves.

Attachments

• KefirUpdater.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 8,842
Last edited by Povstalez,

xHR

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Kefir is NOT CFW. It is just a pack with usefull and easy-to-install tools for Atmosphere or SXOS (or even both of them with chooseng from hekate). Kefir is include Atmosphere or SX, but it is just a pack with installer. Not CFW.

It is for russian switch comunity for the first place and it has keys and amiibo dump so it is illegal. Do not use kefir. Do not be pirate. Use vanilla atmosphere and buy games. Be kind and good person :3

UPD. keys and amiibo dump was removed from kefir, fill free to use

Last edited by xHR,

iriez

Trophies
Website
www.xbins.org
XP
Country
United States
KEFIR is CFW (Atmosphere or SXOS + software)

I cannot in good conscience post/host a application in which the author does not even know how to describe his own tool. Seems risky to run this application. This is a software updater/SD card pack and no more, and most definitely is not a CFW.

Claiming kefir is a CFW is like claiming Microsoft Word is a operating system. Kefir is merely a sd card file pack, and a confusing one at that.

If you are modifying your console, you should really learn what you are doing. Making things easy is admirable, but by having all of these various sd-card-pack type of releases it actually adds more confusion instead of clarity. But lets be honest for a second....does it really need to be easier than drop and drag? Sx os, atmosphere, kosmos etc already does this. What need do we have for yet another software that does what others already do (and do well) ? Take a look at the instructions on Kefir's github -

https://github.com/rashevskyv/switch/releases

Do you see how you must manually delete things or extract things to make it work one way or another? Do you see all of the different files posted in the assets section? Which one should I download? Thats actually much harder and more confusing than if you just download sx os or atmosphere directly and drag + drop to sd card. That makes this release not only pointless, but more confusing than if you just downloaded any of the real CFW's directly. Kosmos is by far the easiest solution and I would continue to urge people to use it for simplicity's sake. There's even a old.zip in the assets section....wtf so lazy. If its old and redundant delete the damn file to not create more confusion.

Seems to me this is just about ones ego. Taking others work and packaging it with a new name does not make it a new software. It just makes the person doing it look bad, and adds confusion to the scene. Kosmos appears to keep things extremely simple and concise, without all of the garbage and clutter. They also actually do a fair amount of work to bring that simplicity to the end user so its not just a grab and repack, like most of these sd card packs. They also have the kosmos-toolbox, which already does what this updater claims to do. Why must we re-invent the wheel, but make it square so it rolls like crap? The point of building upon others work is to make it better, not worse...

What advantage does Kefir give that other preexisting sd card packs already provide? I see the downsides, but no upsides? Convince me of the trade-off's here because im not seeing them.

Last edited by iriez,

Povstalez

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
I cannot in good conscience post/host a application in which the author does not even know how to describe his own tool. Seems risky to run this application. This is a software updater/SD card pack and no more, and most definitely is not a CFW.

Claiming kefir is a CFW is like claiming Microsoft Word is a operating system. Kefir is merely a sd card file pack, and a confusing one at that.

If you are modifying your console, you should really learn what you are doing. Making things easy is admirable, but by having all of these various sd-card-pack type of releases it actually adds more confusion instead of clarity. But lets be honest for a second....does it really need to be easier than drop and drag? Sx os, atmosphere, kosmos etc already does this. What need do we have for yet another software that does what others already do (and do well) ? Take a look at the instructions on Kefir's github -

https://github.com/rashevskyv/switch/releases

Do you see how you must manually delete things or extract things to make it work one way or another? Do you see all of the different files posted in the assets section? Which one should I download? Thats actually much harder and more confusing than if you just download sx os or atmosphere directly and drag + drop to sd card. That makes this release not only pointless, but more confusing than if you just downloaded any of the real CFW's directly. Kosmos is by far the easiest solution and I would continue to urge people to use it for simplicity's sake. There's even a old.zip in the assets section....wtf so lazy. If its old and redundant delete the damn file to not create more confusion.

Seems to me this is just about ones ego. Taking others work and packaging it with a new name does not make it a new software. It just makes the person doing it look bad, and adds confusion to the scene. Kosmos appears to keep things extremely simple and concise, without all of the garbage and clutter. They also actually do a fair amount of work to bring that simplicity to the end user so its not just a grab and repack, like most of these sd card packs. They also have the kosmos-toolbox, which already does what this updater claims to do. Why must we re-invent the wheel, but make it square so it rolls like crap? The point of building upon others work is to make it better, not worse...

What advantage does Kefir give that other preexisting sd card packs already provide? I see the downsides, but no upsides? Convince me of the trade-off's here because im not seeing them.
This thread about updater, not about kefir.

iriez

Trophies
Website
www.xbins.org
XP
Country
United States
Relax. its for and from russian guys. Scary boot loogo and all stuff, one click update most needed files, and warez (ofcourse).

Yea, for non-english languages there is definitely a need for this, especially non-latin like russian and asian languages.

But no need for it to be posted on english language sites as it could only make things much more confusing. This should be on the russian boards and no where else.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over