RELEASE Kefir Updater

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by Povstalez, May 22, 2019.

1. SundayWarrior

SundayWarrior GBAtemp Regular

Jul 1, 2018
    Russia
    do u know da way

To much people in my country wont read any info. Its tool not quite right, but oneclick very easy to update and use all good stuff.

DSwizzy and xHR like this.
  2. xHR

xHR GBAtemp Regular

Apr 20, 2013
    No need to manually delete or move anything if you do not migrate from one OS to another.
    Just unpack atmo.zip for atmosphere or sxos.zip for SX. Simple as vodka
    And sigpatches, and other soft for daily use, such as Checkpoint, Tinfoil and others
    It is for updating from 1.0.0-3.0.0. Some guys has trouble with this on new atmosphere. Maybe I need t use sxos pack for it, I will think about it.
    You are wrong. It is about simplifying of users supporting and for our vodka-guide
    There is no place to kefir on gbatemp, so we do not bring it here. Use kosmos, why not. If it much simpler and better for you.
    We made kefir to help russian-speaking community. No ego, no patreon, no drama. Live with it.

Last edited by xHR, May 23, 2019
    Lordgarlick likes this.
  3. stitchxd

stitchxd GBAtemp Fan

Apr 27, 2017
    United States
    nope
    Take your negativity somewhere else. CFW made by another party is fine. (AND CFW is not all the same btw. Especially when comparing to SX OS.)

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Honestly, that description is probably a bad Russian to English Translation.

4. xHR

xHR GBAtemp Regular

Apr 20, 2013
    Definitely, english is not one of my strong parts, I am sorry for it =(

Last edited by xHR, May 23, 2019
  5. Povstalez
    OP

Povstalez Member

Newcomer
    May 22, 2019
    Ukraine
    UPDATE 0.3.0
    Now you can add linked Nintendo account by one-click.
    Any old accounts are deleted. Before use this feature, please, dump all your saves.

Instruction for add linked account
    1. Run Kefir Updater from hbmenu
    2. Click "Add linked Account"
    Follow the prompts that appear on the screen.

Andalitez and xHR like this.
  6. Andalitez

Andalitez GBAtemp Fan

Jul 2, 2018
    France
    Final Space
    Does it require an internet connection of any kind?
    When a linked user profile was doing the rounds some time back on GBAtemp you could copy that folder on Atmosphere to make it work,but some people had lots of trouble getting it to work and flat out black screened on SXOS. How is this any different?

7. Povstalez
    OP

Povstalez Member

Newcomer
    May 22, 2019
    Ukraine
    Yes, you need internet connection.
    This is not for replace

8. Phenj

Phenj GBAtemp Fan

May 22, 2018
    Italy
    Liked for the logo.

9. designgears

designgears GBAtemp Regular

Aug 8, 2016
    United States
    account linker is epic!

10. shanefromoz

shanefromoz GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 18, 2007
    Australia
    So not good for a banned console

11. Andalitez

Andalitez GBAtemp Fan

Jul 2, 2018
    France
    Final Space
    It works on banned consoles.
    It doesn't connect to Nintendo at all, it connects to the developer's FTP server to fetch the required files to replace the switch profiles.

I've tested this myself using incognito on emunand and works fine.Although the console wasnt banned last I checked.

ecesar likes this.
  12. psp06

psp06 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 12, 2016
    Indonesia
    For add linked account use this application, is need new CFW or we can use old CFW? I am still in 7.0.1 atmosphere

13. shanefromoz

shanefromoz GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 18, 2007
    Australia
    Im on 8.1.0 with sxos and it works perfect

14. Csmrcc

Csmrcc GBAtemp Fan

Sep 13, 2018
    Spain
    used for link Nintendo account to a banned console, everything fine, fw 8.1, cfw atm,
    thank you!

15. pcwizard7

pcwizard7 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 2, 2013
    Australia
    i ve tested mk11 with this and i ve manage to get to the main screen. now if i just play the single player content will i run into any hiccups?

16. proffk

proffk GBAtemp Fan

Aug 14, 2013
    United States
    Hearing a lot about this app today. Although I'm not saying bad but if the app is connecting to the devs server and your inputting personal info to link your account isn't this a privacy concern.

17. pcwizard7

pcwizard7 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 2, 2013
    Australia
    no because u can't connect to Nintendo online server with it. it only bypass the account link check in games that check for it. like i went on royal realm BRA it got past the check but couldn't connect to the games server

18. Csmrcc

Csmrcc GBAtemp Fan

Sep 13, 2018
    Spain
    I didn't have any previous account linked or any kind of information. So anyway anyone can't take anything.
    I just had a banned switch and now I have a random linked account, so I can use some features I can't before on my console.

19. proffk

proffk GBAtemp Fan

Aug 14, 2013
    United States
    I guess using a throw away account should be fine with this method but I recommend not using your personal details with any 3rd party app.

20. IBNobody

IBNobody I try to keep myself amused.

Nov 16, 2006
    United States
    Texas, Hang 'Em High
    FWIW, this does not actually delete the save data for any existing profiles. It deletes the profiles themselves and orphans the save games.

The saves for the deleted profiles are still on the NAND, but since they are not tied to an existing profile...
    • The saves cannot be used directly.
    • The saves take up NAND space.
    • Orphaned saves cannot be deleted from the NAND unless ALL saves for ALL profiles for a given game are deleted.
    To get around this...
    1. Backup your saves en-masse using Checkpoint.
    2. Delete all save data for every title using the System Menu. (This is tedious.)
    3. Run this NNID injection tool.
    4. Create any additional profiles you need for family. These won't be linked to an NNID. (It would be nice if it added a few profiles, OP.)
    5. Launch each game for each profile. You don't have to get past the Nintendo loading screen. (Horizon preallocates NAND space.) This is needed so that Checkpoint can restore the save to the profile.
    6. Restore your save data using Checkpoint.

almmiron, hippy dave and Skonikol like this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted