RELEASE Kefir Updater

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by Povstalez, May 22, 2019.

1. KsAmJ

KsAmJ GBAtemp Regular

Oct 1, 2015
    did you use the app? which system you in?

2. MythicalData

MythicalData GBAtemp Maniac

May 11, 2017
    United States
    I have not yet but will tomorrow. By system what do you mean? Region, emunand/sysnand?

3. KsAmJ

KsAmJ GBAtemp Regular

Oct 1, 2015
    sysnand 8.1.0?

4. MythicalData

MythicalData GBAtemp Maniac

May 11, 2017
    United States
    Yeah when I do it it'll be on a banned sysnand 8.1. I'm just too tired to fish out all the stuff and to make a dummy account rn

5. Akorax

Akorax Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 1, 2012
    Sweden
    Is there any documentation to be found for this program? Does anyone know exactly which info is exchanged with the ftp server?

6. KsAmJ

KsAmJ GBAtemp Regular

Oct 1, 2015
    no docs but it do what mentioned to do
    i tested it but STILL doesn't skip "update game data" on mortal kombat 11 so for me it is usless

MrCokeacola likes this.
  7. manosk

manosk Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 1, 2019
    Greece
    Hi guys,

i have bought a switch with latest reinx 8.1 installed and also I have enabled incognito. The person who sold me the console did not link the user he created with a nintendo account. Can I install now only kefir updater on my switch and run the functionality that injects another user linked?

Thanks,
    Manos

8. Bigkahuna28

Bigkahuna28 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 2, 2019
    United States
    Did he overcharge you for it being hackable?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Also depends if it’s banned... most likely it is

9. manosk

manosk Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 1, 2019
    Greece
    Νο he din't as it was brand new and I also got the receipt of purchase. And it is not banned since he opened it only for modifying it without entering the nintendo network at all. He just did not link the user account with a dummy nintendo account.

Can I use now the kefir updater to inject it since I don't plan to revert to official fw.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Why it depends if it is banned? The incognito prevents the console from communicating with nintendo servers. Also the check that some games do if the user account is linked to a nintendo account does not require network access as far as I know..

10. tusmavan

tusmavan Member

Newcomer
    Aug 3, 2019
    Netherlands
    after i injected the linked profile through kefir updater i still get the prompt to check if the account is linked
    do i have to connect to the internet and let it check?

11. KsAmJ

KsAmJ GBAtemp Regular

Oct 1, 2015
    LOL of course you have to, it retrieve the files from the developer FTP site and replace yours

12. tusmavan

tusmavan Member

Newcomer
    Aug 3, 2019
    Netherlands
    no i already got the profile from kefir updater but afterwards i still cant launch titles because it gives me the prompt to check if the account is linked

13. peepoop

peepoop Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 29, 2006
    United States
    It's tedious, but it looks like there is!
    https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&u=https://switch.customfw.xyz/link-account

Follow the "Manually linking an account without deleting" guide.

It looks like you can download this linked user profile, which is just a single file. Then the rest of the process tells you how to sign and install it on your Switch.

It looks like doing it this way *may* leave all of your other user accounts intact and just add this new one to your console alongside them, but I haven't tested it.

14. grcd

grcd Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2009
    Is there any method through which we can backup not simply save files individually, but entire profiles? I have two different user accounts with their own save files. It would be a hassle to have to backup everything individually, and then recreate new accounts and restore the saves. Here's hoping this time can be saved!

15. Akorax

Akorax Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 1, 2012
    Sweden
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/any-way-to-edit-profile-and-fake-link-account.526255/

I think page 5 or 6

grcd likes this.
  16. Masoud_5april

Masoud_5april Member

Newcomer
    Aug 2, 2019
    United Arab Emirates
    I installed Kefir updater on my switch. After launching it if I press "check for update" or "Link account" both options stuck forever and nothing happens. I also enabled an internet connection with 90dns and launching my console from EMUMMC. Can you help me out?

Last edited by Masoud_5april, Sep 7, 2019
  17. Dayardie

Dayardie Member

Newcomer
    Oct 13, 2017
    France
    Anyone tested this? Specifically for 8.1
    Looks straight forward but no time to try until reend

johsam and flowlapache like this.
  18. doctordoom

doctordoom GBAtemp Regular

Mar 13, 2017
    United States
    Well I downloaded the KefirUpdater.nro and put in the sd:\\switch\ folder. loaded it up via hbm and linked account by deleting all other profiles. it worked. it got rid of the pesky need a nintendo account dialogue. I just changed the name and profile pic of the account because i want it to be my account.

i can verify it works and you dont need to do anything special to use it because i saw that guide and it uses the words "firmware" "update" etc a lot, which is scary since this thing isnt suppose to be firmware at all. well it is not firmware from what i can tell as i didnt have to update anything.

19. frankadank

frankadank Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 4, 2017
    United States
    Now that I've linked a nnid using kefir I'm wondering is there some way to undo this if I ever need to in the future? Didn't see a backup or restore option.

20. notimp
    This message by notimp has been removed from public view by osaka35, Sep 13, 2019, Reason: rambling.
    Sep 13, 2019
  21. pcwizard7

pcwizard7 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 2, 2013
    Australia
    backup the system partitions of the nand and restore the nand to undo the link account

frankadank likes this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted