Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

RedoLane

Supreme Punmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
The longer you wait to buy a Switch, the lower your chances of finding a vulnerable unit. This is because the current exploit is hardware-based and Nintendo began distributing units that have the exploit patched from the factory. There are also rumors of a new Switch revision coming soon which will most likely be more secure than the current one making finding exploits even more difficult. In my opinion, the Switch exploit is leagues easier to setup and execute than the 3DS. To keep it extremely short, all you need is a paperclip (or something conductive), USB cable, and an SD card. There may likely never be a better exploit than the one we already have so if you don't buy a Switch now, you may never be able to hack the Switch in the future.

If you do want to buy a Switch now, pay attention to the serial number as this will determine if it can be hacked or not. You can find a list of safe serial numbers here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-...he-first-post-before-asking-questions.481215/ If you are having trouble finding a new unit with a safe serial number, you can always buy used from Amazon or eBay.

welp, guess i won't buy a Switch then...

TheBeast1981

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, i just bought a new Switch and it's on FW 2.3.0 with a not patched serial (XAJ4001) and i'm waiting for my JIG to try to mod it. Since i'm on a really old FW what should i do? I read about choidujournx to update unofficially to a newest firmware but i would like to link a NintendoID to be able to play Stardew Valley since it requires an account. There's a way to update my switch and add an account avoiding a ban? Should i accept the risk of a ban or just avoid this and future games who can require an account? Thanks in advance.

natkoden

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi, i just bought a new Switch and it's on FW 2.3.0 with a not patched serial (XAJ4001) and i'm waiting for my JIG to try to mod it. Since i'm on a really old FW what should i do? I read about choidujournx to update unofficially to a newest firmware but i would like to link a NintendoID to be able to play Stardew Valley since it requires an account. There's a way to update my switch and add an account avoiding a ban? Should i accept the risk of a ban or just avoid this and future games who can require an account? Thanks in advance.

1) Online play with hacked console = ban. It could be tomorrow, it could be the next week, it could be in 3 months, but it's gonna come no matter what.

2) It's advised to keep the console on that FW for the day that we finally get coldboot. Chances are it's going to be possible on lower firmwares. So yeah, choiNX so you don't burn your fuses.

Markota

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Guys, I hacked my switch and I did the nand backup, but I used FAT32 Format and now my backup is divided.

How can I transform in a single file?

And to restore my nand I need exfat driver update?

Obs: I don't bricked my switch xD
It's just a doubt

natkoden

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Guys, I hacked my switch and I did the nand backup, but I used FAT32 Format and now my backup is divided.

How can I transform in a single file?

And to restore my nand I need exfat driver update?

Obs: I don't bricked my switch xD
It's just a doubt

Download this first click here > >joiner_scripts_for_windows_linux_macos.zip
to combine the 15 parts or 30 parts of rawnand00.bin etc into 1 rawnand.bin file
Place the correct script into the folder where you have the 15 or 30 parts backed up.
example
If you have 15 parts rawnand files use the join_15_2GBparts_linux_macosx.bat For Mac
or for windows use the join_15_2GBparts_windows.bat
Simply move the desired script that matches your system windows or mac 15 or 30 parts to the folder where you have your rawnand in parts 15 or 30 double click the bat file and it will merge/join those into one file called rawnand.bin

TheBeast1981

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
1) Online play with hacked console = ban. It could be tomorrow, it could be the next week, it could be in 3 months, but it's gonna come no matter what.

2) It's advised to keep the console on that FW for the day that we finally get coldboot. Chances are it's going to be possible on lower firmwares. So yeah, choiNX so you don't burn your fuses.

Thanks for the answer, so if i understood correctly:

Jig>RCM>Inject Payload> Make NAND backup with Hekate> Update through choidujournx to newer FW (i think 6.2)>Enjoy my modded switch.

Am i missing something?

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Thanks for the answer, so if i understood correctly:

Jig>RCM>Inject Payload> Make NAND backup with Hekate> Update through choidujournx to newer FW (i think 6.2)>Enjoy my modded switch.

Am i missing something?
That‘s fine. If you use atmosphere CFW you can go to latest 7.0.1 firmware but it’s currently a bit unstable. 6.2.0 is recommended.

C0ntroller

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi.
I recently tried out CFW and (of course) made a backup before. I edited one of my Stardew Valley savegames. But as I don't want to miss eShop and online stuff I decided to switch back to vanilla (until something safe may be released like the EmuNAND thingy on 3DS).
Now I realized that when I will restore my NAND backup the old SDV savegame should also be restored right? Is there any way to prevent this?
Even further - what exactly changed in my NAND if I just edited my SDV save and didn't install any nsp etc.? Are there any traces once I just reboot to vanilla?
Thanks in advance!

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi.
I recently tried out CFW and (of course) made a backup before. I edited one of my Stardew Valley savegames. But as I don't want to miss eShop and online stuff I decided to switch back to vanilla.
Now I realized that when I will restore my NAND backup the old SDV savegame should also be restored right? Is there any way to prevent this?
Even further - what exactly changed in my NAND if I just edited my SDV save and didn't install any nsp etc.? Are there any traces once I just reboot to vanilla?
Thanks in advance!
It's impossible to use a modified save file on a vanilla system. If it makes you feel any better, merely using Checkpoint probably won't get you banned if that's all you're doing.

C0ntroller

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It's impossible to use a modified save file on a vanilla system. If it makes you feel any better, merely using Checkpoint probably won't get you banned if that's all you're doing.
So as far as I heard Atmosphere should left no traces in the NAND as it has custom error logging and stuff right? "Probably" should be enough for me. (I will still check the NAND files for diff just because I'm curios)

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So as far as I heard Atmosphere should left no traces in the NAND as it has custom error logging and stuff right? "Probably" should be enough for me. (I will still check the NAND files for diff just because I'm curios)
It will probably be enough, but the risk is yours to take. If you want to modify save files, then you don't have much of a choice.

bgbdbill1967

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I may have purchased one the New Switches?
I haven’t been able to find any information on my serial#??
Outside # XFL1017529xxxx
Settings # XAE1011642xxxx
Purchased yesterday at Walmart.

bgbdbill1967

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like a returned switch without a box read page one on gba.....

Thanks for the reply.
Great possibly returned? Then it should be sold refurbished, not boxed like new!
One other question I have compared the settings # to many lists.
Any idea on the E in the XAE?
I haven’t found that lettering listed...

D

Deleted User

Does the label of the bottom of the switch match the serial number in settings under Console? also if this is a brand new Switch its patched so you will not be able to use Custom Firmware. As to the XAE serial number never seen that serial.

C0sm1c

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question i see some tutorials on how to homebrew your switch and mentions something about signature patches. is that something that is required for homebrew? or is it optional?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question i see some tutorials on how to homebrew your switch and mentions something about signature patches. is that something that is required for homebrew? or is it optional?
Running pirated games on the Switch require the usage of external patches. There are two forms of these: ES (Eticket Service) patches and FS (File System) patches. ES patches are for raw/dumped .NSP files that you don't legally own while FS patches are for .NSP files converted from .XCI games or homebrew .NSP files. All CFW have separate patches for ES but certain CFW patch FS via the bootloader (aka the payload) namely ReiNX and Hekate. Atmosphere's ES patches also contain FS patches since their bootloader doesn't support FS patches. If you're not interested in piracy or installing homebrew .NSP files, then these patches are worthless for you. However most CFW bundle the patches such as ReiNX or SDSetup. One CFW that doesn't bundle any patches is Atmosphere and they need to be downloaded separately either from Kosmos or from a certain thread.

fail0verflow teased coldboot on the Switch around a year ago. What happened?

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk
It was released last year on April 24, 2018 when Fusee Gelee was leaked because it was essentially the same exploit as Fusee Gelee but under a different name, shofel2. Link to the blog post where they revealed the exploit.

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
No they don’t match
Bottom of switch# XFL1017529xxxx
Settings # XAE1011642xxxx

Thanks again for replying.

The serial listed in settings is listed as a warning, which means it might be possible, same with the bottom of switch serial. It's also a maybe, best thing you can do is try booting hekate or testing to see if you can send a payload in RCM

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
    Karma177 @ Karma177: @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really...