Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

elridge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hey there! I have two questions:
1) Is there any downside right now for updating to 6.2 through choidujour? My switch was in OFW 4.1 when i hacked it. It's now on 5.1 (updated through choidujour, of course) and i'm finding many updates asking for higher fw.
2) I'm using RajNX CFW since... well, almost since it came out. It works quite well for what i use my switch. Is there any point for changing to any other CFW now that it's discontinued?

Thanks beforehand!

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hey there! I have two questions:
1) Is there any downside right now for updating to 6.2 through choidujour? My switch was in OFW 4.1 when i hacked it. It's now on 5.1 (updated through choidujour, of course) and i'm finding many updates asking for higher fw.
2) I'm using RajNX CFW since... well, almost since it came out. It works quite well for what i use my switch. Is there any point for changing to any other CFW now that it's discontinued?

Thanks beforehand!

firstly choidujour doesn't equal choidujourNX they are different programs made by the same person (Raj)

So point 1) Nope. 6.2 is the most stable and be done using CHoidujourNX from inside CFW

2) Yes, other CFW has continued support, if you wanted to use along the lines of RajNX then I suggest looking at Kosmos(atmosphere bundle) else ReiNX

lumdog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently upgraded the size of my SD card from 128gb to 400gb. I used Win32diskimager to create an image of my old(128gb) card. After writing the image to my new card(400gb), I only see 128ish gb available. Can anyone tell me what I did wrong and how I can fix it?

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I recently upgraded the size of my SD card from 128gb to 400gb. I used Win32diskimager to create an image of my old(128gb) card. After writing the image to my new card(400gb), I only see 128ish gb available. Can anyone tell me what I did wrong and how I can fix it?

copy files off old sd, format new sd to fat32 using guiformat copy files back

lumdog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My old card is formatted in exfat. I currently have several files larger than 15GB will this create an issue if I format using Fat32? Also I'm using SX OS.

elridge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
firstly choidujour doesn't equal choidujourNX they are different programs made by the same person (Raj)

So point 1) Nope. 6.2 is the most stable and be done using CHoidujourNX from inside CFW

2) Yes, other CFW has continued support, if you wanted to use along the lines of RajNX then I suggest looking at Kosmos(atmosphere bundle) else ReiNX

Yes, i meant choidujourNX. Thanks a lot for the answers, i guess i will update then!

lumdog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
files bigger than 4gb can be split or usb installed. cfw shouldnt matter
What is the benefit of fat32 over exfat? I currently have a good number of files over 4GB. I just want to make an exact copy of my 128GB without having to mess with splitting files if I don’t need to.

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
What is the benefit of fat32 over exfat? I currently have a good number of files over 4GB. I just want to make an exact copy of my 128GB without having to mess with splitting files if I don’t need to.

Exfat is unstable and prone to corruption in alot of cases. It's not recommended, something you could do though is have the 4gb+ files on the exfat card and have the other in fat32

Yes, i meant choidujourNX. Thanks a lot for the answers, i guess i will update then!

Too Easy :)

kallstrom_74

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
so i fanally got me a sd card and my nsdongle..but i have updated the switch to 7.0.1..am i toast????

i have put the newest atmosphere 0.8.4 on the sd card...and it said that it now supported xci game, so i put a game on the sd card aswell, and i booted into cfw and the game showed up, but could not start it, just got a error message...i am ABSOLUTLY new to this..so have i missed anything in the making..converted a game to a nsp file..error missing files???

keydump?

please help me do this from the beginning

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
so i fanally got me a sd card and my nsdongle..but i have updated the switch to 7.0.1..am i toast????

i have put the newest atmosphere 0.8.4 on the sd card...and it said that it now supported xci game, so i put a game on the sd card aswell, and i booted into cfw and the game showed up, but could not start it, just got a error message...i am ABSOLUTLY new to this..so have i missed anything in the making..converted a game to a nsp file..error missing files???

keydump?

please help me do this from the beginning
Only SX OS supports .xci games.

kin2son

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
got the usb install driver installed?

Yes I did.

To sum up I followed a guide and can boot into CFW (Hekate I believe), and able to find Goldleaf in "Album".

I tried installing from SD and it'ss giving me a screen similar to BSOD.

I just read above that since I am on 7.0.1 I need to install via USB which is where I am stuck on now....

EDIT - I've run Zadig and have pushed libusbK driver to the switch if that's what you are asking...

Last edited by kin2son,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1