Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I never boot into cfw and just in or hekate wouldn't that patch not be applied? Since the patch gets applied at the cfw level?
If your gc slot hasn't been updated and you boot without that patch, it will be permanently updated and allow you to be able to dump cartridges. So even if you boot without it, you won't be able to use cartridges on firmwares below 4.0. If you want to dump the cartridge but prevent the gamecart slot from being updated, you will have to revert back to a firmware below 4.0

crashpsycho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i just got my switch from pawn shop and didnt realize that auto update was turned on. so i brought it home it autoconnected and downloaded 6.0.1. heres my worry i just need confirmation.

1- can i still mod the switch ?
2. was the joycon rcm patched if even possible?
3. I keep getting a "checking software to see if playable" message before loading a game. will i still be able to play my games if i go to CFW?, becuase i cant even be in airplane mode to play my games anymore.

much thanks

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i just got my switch from pawn shop and didnt realize that auto update was turned on. so i brought it home it autoconnected and downloaded 6.0.1. heres my worry i just need confirmation.

3. I keep getting a "checking software to see if playable" message before loading a game. will i still be able to play my games if i go to CFW?, becuase i cant even be in airplane mode to play my games anymore.

much thanks
  1. Firmware is irrelevant. What's more important is the hardware of the console which we determine by looking at its serial number.
  2. The reason why the hardware matters is because the exploit takes advantage of the hardware of the Switch, not the software hence why firmware doesn't matter; it cannot be patched via a firmware update but it can be patched at the factory which is how ipatched consoles exist
  3. You will have to clear the pending system update which you can do by entering Nintendo's RCM (which is different than Nvidia's RCM that is used to hack the console). Simply hold volume + and - to enter Nintendo's RCM which will automatically clear the pending system update

Reactions: Adran_Marit

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

much thanks

For more information on the first two questions you can look at my FAQ located :arrow: Here

Reactions: Draxzelex

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

much thanks
Your other questions were answered, but number three needs a bit more info. By chance, did you previously have the account you are using connected to another switch? If so that means your account is likely still linked to the other system as the primary, and your current switch is a secondary system. Secondary systems require being online to play your games because it is constantly checking to see if the primary console is playing the same title. This is the "game sharing" Nintendo implemented and it prevents the game from one account running on two systems at the same time.
So if you did have a previous system, the only fix is to unlink your account from the other system

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  1. Firmware is irrelevant. What's more important is the hardware of the console which we determine by looking at its serial number.
  2. The reason why the hardware matters is because the exploit takes advantage of the hardware of the Switch, not the software hence why firmware doesn't matter; it cannot be patched via a firmware update but it can be patched at the factory which is how ipatched consoles exist
  3. You will have to clear the pending system update which you can do by entering Nintendo's RCM (which is different than Nvidia's RCM that is used to hack the console). Simply hold volume + and - to enter Nintendo's RCM which will automatically clear the pending system update
Number 3 is not due to updates, it's how "game sharing" works when the console is a secondary for your account rather than primary. This behavior started with 6.0.0 for Nintendo online

Reactions: Draxzelex

jacopastorius

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
A few questions about sx os:
1. Can I backup the original nand on 32gb sd card before installing sx os?
2. A 32gb SD card is used just for holding the backup and, at this point it is better to create and use emunand for games and homebrews?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A few questions about sx os:
1. Can I backup the original nand on 32gb sd card before installing sx os?
2. A 32gb SD card is used just for holding the backup and, at this point it is better to create and use emunand for games and homebrews?
  1. Yes but if the SD card has less than 29.1 GB of free space, the NAND will be dumped in parts when using Hekate. Just because the SD card is labeled as 32 GB doesn't mean it has space for 32 GB; some of that space is used for formatting. I have no idea how SX OS handles dumping the NAND
  2. The NAND should be temporarily on that 32 GB SD card as you will have not much space for anything else if you leave it on there. And the usage of EmuNAND is either if you don't want to update your SysNAND and/or you wish to avoid a ban
  3. You do not install SX OS

jacopastorius

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thank you Draxzelex. So, if Im correct, I create emunand which I can update with the latest fw without risks of ban and for trying games I want to buy.
But I can't understand what is the point of using sx os from SD card

randomgbanoob123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your gc slot hasn't been updated and you boot without that patch, it will be permanently updated and allow you to be able to dump cartridges. So even if you boot without it, you won't be able to use cartridges on firmwares below 4.0. If you want to dump the cartridge but prevent the gamecart slot from being updated, you will have to revert back to a firmware below 4.0

How do I tell if I have updated the gc slot? I popped in botw and it shows up as inserted, I thought chudijour auto applied the patch.

Also does Victor vran have amiibo support?

Last edited by randomgbanoob123,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you Draxzelex. So, if Im correct, I create emunand which I can update with the latest fw without risks of ban and for trying games I want to buy.
But I can't understand what is the point of using sx os from SD card
An EmuNAND emulated from the SD card is safer than one emulated from the NAND.
How do I tell if I have updated the gc slot? I popped in botw and it shows up as inserted, I thought chudijour auto applied the patch.

Also does Victor vran have amiibo support?
No, ChoiDujour/ChoiDujourNX do not automatically apply the patch; it has to be manually applied during every bootup of your console which differs depending on which bootloader you use. If your firmware is 4.0 or higher and your retail cartridges work, your gamecart slot has been updated.

Ekam3284

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
hey i want to update minecraft on my switch to the latest version but i am unable to find any nsp for it
is there a way to update from the eshop from a banned switch
the miecraft game is legit

aFrenchGeek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi again,

Quick question !!!!
Do you think there'll be a firmware updated neeeded to play upcoming games such as Pokemon : Let's Go & Ultimate Smash Bros ?
In this case, do you think i'll should wait before going into CFW (i just bought SX PRO) to get to the latest firmware needed to play these games and THEN putting my Switch on a CFW ?

Let me know.
Regards,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :blink: