Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Felo18

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I have my nintendo in version 5.1.0 and I have SX OS 1.6 but my console when I put it in sleep mode does not want to upload again and I have to turn it off. Do you know what to do ???

What I want is that when I touch the sleep mode button. do not stay black screen. I have to turn off to start and play again.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I want is that when I touch the sleep mode button. do not stay black screen. I have to turn off to start and play again.
Are you saying when the console is in sleep mode and you press the Home button on a controller it does not wake up and the screen stays black?

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember that clearing error logs was an issue because the total was kept track of somewhere.

I was wondering, is that total number of logs stored locally on the switch, or is it sent over to Ninty?

I assume that if it is sent to Ninty that restoring a stock Nand dump wouldn't do me any favors then, if I connected to my internet a couple times for pegaswitch (after the stock Nand dump). Is that right?

Last edited by 8BitWonder,

werneck14

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is it useful to do a nand backup of ReiNX? Or copying the contents from sdcard would be enough to keep a backup?

Woody601

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CTCaer does not include creport in Hekate although not sure why. tomGER on the other hand compiles all of the latest and most useful tools into his SD files which you can find here. Essentially, if you download his SD files and are launching CFW, creport will be active as long as you have the folder named 0100000000000036 under titles.
Will this send all errors to the SD card? Especially errors where it makes you restart your switch?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember that clearing error logs was an issue because the total was kept track of somewhere.

I was wondering, is that total number of logs stored locally on the switch, or is it sent over to Ninty?

I assume that if it is sent to Ninty that restoring a stock Nand dump wouldn't do me any favors then, if I connected to my internet a couple times for pegaswitch (after the stock Nand dump). Is that right?
They're only sent to Nintendo if the console is connected online. As long as the Wi-Fi settings are deleted and you didn't visit a Nintendo Hotspot, they shouldn't have been transmitted. Even Airplane Mode can get disabled if you switch between handheld and sleep mode for example. Also firmwares 5.X can track if the error logs were manually cleared adding to the unsafety of removing these.

Restoring the NAND is safe so long as the hacked NAND never connected online. It also doesn't count as removing error logs even if you're on firmware 5.X because you're reflashing the entire NAND.
Question about the microsd, is better to format it in the PC, with the console, or doesnt matter?
I prefer the PC because it has more options and customization.
Is it useful to do a nand backup of ReiNX? Or copying the contents from sdcard would be enough to keep a backup?
ReiNX cannot do NAND backups at the moment. There plans for a homebrew application to perform that function if you check Rei's Twitter.
Will this send all errors to the SD card? Especially errors where it makes you restart your switch?
Yes, all of them. However if you remove the exploit by restarting the console, or turning it on and off, creport will be shut off.

Reactions: werneck14

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They're only sent to Nintendo if the console is connected online. As long as the Wi-Fi settings are deleted and you didn't visit a Nintendo Hotspot, they shouldn't have been transmitted. Even Airplane Mode can get disabled if you switch between handheld and sleep mode for example. Also firmwares 5.X can track if the error logs were manually cleared adding to the unsafety of removing these.
Alright so for sure some of my error logs have been sent since I've connected to my internet for pegaswitch without a DNS (Never tried eShop or online in a game though).

I've been on 2.2.0 this whole time to avoid the additional telemetry on 5.X. Does that make it any safer to revert to my stock Nand, or should I just stick to where I am now?
(Whichever the case, I'm going to be using creport from here on out. Thanks for saying where that was a few comments back.)

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright so for sure some of my error logs have been sent since I've connected to my internet for pegaswitch without a DNS (Never tried eShop or online in a game though).

I've been on 2.2.0 this whole time to avoid the additional telemetry on 5.X. Does that make it any safer to revert to my stock Nand, or should I just stick to where I am now?
(Whichever the case, I'm going to be using creport from here on out. Thanks for saying where that was a few comments back.)
If the NAND backup was made after those error logs were created, you will be fine when you restore the NAND. If the NAND backup was made before those logs were created, then you may be in a bit of a pickle.

Reactions: 8BitWonder

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was Atmosphère finished? How is the emunand progress, do we know anything about a working emunand yet?
Well, people have been compiling builds of Atmosphere for months now and distributing it. The 2 most common packages are RajNX and tomGER's SD files. Atmosphere is planning for 0.7 release whenever Fusee is able to boot on all firmwares (initially was sometime in August but firmware 6.0 was "leaked" which put a wrench in their plans). Regardless, ReSwitched is currently the ones publicly working on EmuNAND and it wont' be included in their 0.7 build of Atmosphere. There is no ETA on when they will implement EmuNAND.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you use? Overwrite or quick format? How many kylobites in the default windows program? It comes with 128 autoselected
I usually just use Windows formatter. I also prefer quick format to overwrite as a full format will reduce the number of write cycles much faster than a quick format for little benefit. Lastly, the cluster size is best used default.

NoSmokingBandit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a switch on 3.0.2. I want to keep it that way. However I want to use a CFW to play totally legit backups of a certain plumber's adventure.

Can this be done in a way that is completely reversible? If a coldboot exploit is ever released I don't want to have permanently changed something that prevents me from taking advantage of my low firmware.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a switch on 3.0.2. I want to keep it that way. However I want to use a CFW to play totally legit backups of a certain plumber's adventure.

Can this be done in a way that is completely reversible? If a coldboot exploit is ever released I don't want to have permanently changed something that prevents me from taking advantage of my low firmware.
Yes, you can play backups on all firmwares using various CFWs and starter packs. However, if you run into any firmware-specific issues and wish to update without losing your 3.0.2, you can use ChoiDujourNX to update your firmware without burning fuses. Fuses are anti-downgrade technology used in the Switch (and the 360) so if they are not burnt, you can downgrade. One thing to note is that it is that tool will install AutoRCM which is used to help prevent fuses from being burnt. While some people would say its dangerous, if you know how to use it properly it is a very effective hack that most people use even if they didn't update without burning fuses.

NoSmokingBandit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only thing I've not found a good answer for regarding AutoRCM is if it can be completely uninstalled. I know it corrupts a few bits in order to force RCM mode, but if I decide at some point to go back to 100% stock can this be reversed?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: That is interesting.