Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Kakkoii

Old fart
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Been out of the loop for a long while and want to update my Switch to start using it online again. I haven't exploited my switch at all yet.

I'm on 4.1.0 and am wondering if there's anything I should do, like in regards to extracting certain keys before I update fully so that I have better odds of using homebrew in the future?

edit: I'm guessing basically just do this before updating then.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/backup-...-your-biskeys-tseckeys-keys-txt-guide.513386/

Last edited by Kakkoii,

werneck14

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sometimes some nsp games installed with tinfoil stop working. For example, one time was showing a corrupted data message and reinstalling solve it and the other nsp game just stucks at nintendo switch black loading screen with the logo below. Could it be just a bad dump? I'm using ReiNX.

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
With 6.0 on the horizon, I assume some newer games are going to require that firmware. Is there presently some workaround for those that don't want to update?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Sometimes some nsp games installed with tinfoil stop working. For example, one time was showing a corrupted data message and reinstalling solve it and the other nsp game just stucks at nintendo switch black loading screen with the logo below. Could it be just a bad dump? I'm using ReiNX.

I had that problem, but after deleting fs_mitm.kip from sysmodules everything has been fine. Maybe try that?

Reactions: werneck14

Woody601

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the newest release of hekate, how do you clear the logs so you're good when going online on stock firmware? I think it moved since the older version. Can anybody help me asap? Thanks!!!!

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been out of the loop for a long while and want to update my Switch to start using it online again. I haven't exploited my switch at all yet.

I'm on 4.1.0 and am wondering if there's anything I should do, like in regards to extracting certain keys before I update fully so that I have better odds of using homebrew in the future?

https://gbatemp.net/threads/backup-...-your-biskeys-tseckeys-keys-txt-guide.513386/
Majority of your keys are extracted from RCM and RCM cannot be patched as it is a hardware feature of the console. Also none of these keys will change unless a hacker devises a payload/homebrew that can wipe keys from your console although such a thing does not exist.
With 6.0 on the horizon, I assume some newer games are going to require that firmware. Is there presently some workaround for those that don't want to update??
Presently no but given that majority of things work on 6.0, the solution may either be simpler than we know or non-existent. There is also the possibility that it will be safe to update to 6.0 before such games come out. Its too soon to determine anything at this point.

Last edited by Draxzelex,
Reactions: thorasgar

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I did everything that every guide has told me to do but still, when I pair up my APX, the CFW doesn't appear on my Switch's screen. Can someone help?
That is so vague I have no idea what you are talking about. What Guide? Pair up APX? What CFW?

Dumb question: I installed autorcm in sxos. Lets say that I launch sxos with the option ''Launch OFW''

Obviously the exploit of the album won't work there, but the games that I already loaded at least once, that are already in the main menu, they work in OFW ?
I don’t have SX but no they shouldn’t. SX is more than just an installer.

Absolutely following that backup guide fully is the first step. After that you need to decide if you want the ability to downgrade back to 4.1 in the future for a possible but not guaranteed exploit. I think preserving options is a good thing but comes at the cost of some extra work and complexity.

In order to upgrade to 5.1 and preserve the ability to downgrade to 4.1 in the future you will need to obtain the 5.1 updates files and once you have your CFW of choice installed upgrade with ChoiDujourNX. By default it will install autoRCM so you never boot up directly into 5.1 OFW burning your efuses.

With 6.0 on the horizon, I assume some newer games are going to require that firmware. Is there presently some workaround for those that don't want to update?

I had that problem, but after deleting fs_mitm.kip from sysmodules everything has been fine. Maybe try that?

Given that 6.0 has not been released yet it will take time for those games to show up and devs to develop workarounds if they truly need 6.0. I wouldn’t be concerned about it this early. I wouldn’t be surprised if Smash even requires only 5.1 as it may be in production already.

Reactions: Draxzelex

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the newest release of hekate, how do you clear the logs so you're good when going online on stock firmware? I think it moved since the older version. Can anybody help me asap? Thanks!!!!
Clearing error logs, especially on firmware 5.X, are likely to get you banned on top of the fact we have a better module known as creport which shoves all new error reports to the SD card preventing them from being sent to Nintendo.

Reactions: thorasgar

Woody601

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Clearing error logs, especially on firmware 5.X, are likely to get you banned on top of the fact we have a better module known as creport which shoves all new error reports to the SD card preventing them from being sent to Nintendo.
So how do I do that? I've cleared a few times, and that was weeks ago, I haven't been doing mods or hacks since recently, since I've made 2 MK8DX mod ports (they're on gamebananna if you're interested) and haven't been banned. So I think I'm good to go if i use that method you're talking about. Thanks!

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So how do I do that? I've cleared a few times, and that was weeks ago, I haven't been doing mods or hacks since recently, since I've made 2 MK8DX mod ports (they're on gamebananna if you're interested) and haven't been banned. So I think I'm good to go if i use that method you're talking about. Thanks!
CTCaer does not include creport in Hekate although not sure why. tomGER on the other hand compiles all of the latest and most useful tools into his SD files which you can find here. Essentially, if you download his SD files and are launching CFW, creport will be active as long as you have the folder named 0100000000000036 under titles.

werneck14

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

I'll try that later, but how important is this file and what does it do?

Kakkoii

Old fart
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
In order to upgrade to 5.1 and preserve the ability to downgrade to 4.1 in the future you will need to obtain the 5.1 updates files and once you have your CFW of choice installed upgrade with ChoiDujourNX. By default it will install autoRCM so you never boot up directly into 5.1 OFW burning your efuses.

I'd read about that, but isn't it a concern that in a future firmware they will do efuse checks to see if it matches? Using online safely is the most important part for me and don't care about playing "Backups" in the future, just having good chance of still having control over the machine when it finally does start reaching EOL by Nintendo.

Woody601

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CTCaer does not include creport in Hekate although not sure why. tomGER on the other hand compiles all of the latest and most useful tools into his SD files which you can find here. Essentially, if you download his SD files and are launching CFW, creport will be active as long as you have the folder named 0100000000000036 under titles.
Thank you so much!!!

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd read about that, but isn't it a concern that in a future firmware they will do efuse checks to see if it matches? Using online safely is the most important part for me and don't care about playing "Backups" in the future, just having good chance of still having control over the machine when it finally does start reaching EOL by Nintendo.
I hadn’t read that but seems logical that would be a concern. If you don’t care about having ability to downgrade to lower firmware then update through Nintendo to 5.1 and then run the backup, sooner rather than later as 6.0 could drop any moment. If it does come back and we can help you update to 5.1 offline.

Last edited by thorasgar,
Reactions: Kakkoii

Kakkoii

Old fart
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I hadn’t read that but seems logical that would be a concern. If you don’t care about having ability to downgrade to lower firmware then update through Nintendo to 5.1 and then run the backup, sooner rather than later as 6.0 could drop any moment. If it does come back and we can help you update to 5.1 offline.
Why would I want to update first before doing that backup? Are there more keys introduced in 5.1 that it would backup? I was worried maybe there might be more limited access.

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would I want to update first before doing that backup? Are there more keys introduced in 5.1 that it would backup? I was worried maybe there might be more limited access.
There is not really a point in taking a back up of 4.1 before updating to 5.1 through Nintendo as the fuses burn so it is useless. If you want to grab the keys before updating I guess there is no harm but some of those keys may be tied to the new firmware so you will just have to do it again. But I don’t know exactly what everyone of those keys are used for in a restore.

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys. I am planning on joining the hacking party on Monday when I get my Jig and USB A to C cable. Anyway, after reading about bans and such, I am kinda rethinking if I should go ahead. I don't want to miss out on future games (Mega Man 11 and Smash Bros). Also am afraid the big N will force System Updates. Should I be worried/concerned? Only hacking I was going to do was game save editing, not pirating games or anything like that. How should I proceed? I only have 1 Nintendo Switch... Thoughts and help appreciated :)

Last edited by Skeet1983,

Felo18

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I have my nintendo in version 5.1.0 and I have SX OS 1.6 but my console when I put it in sleep mode does not want to upload again and I have to turn it off. Do you know what to do ???

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I have my nintendo in version 5.1.0 and I have SX OS 1.6 but my console when I put it in sleep mode does not want to upload again and I have to turn it off. Do you know what to do ???
I have absolutely no idea what this means. What do you want it to upload?

Hi guys. I am planning on joining the hacking party on Monday when I get my Jig and USB A to C cable. Anyway, after reading about bans and such, I am kinda rethinking if I should go ahead. I don't want to miss out on future games (Mega Man 11 and Smash Bros). Also am afraid the big N will force System Updates. Should I be worried/concerned? Only hacking I was going to do was game save editing, not pirating games or anything like that. How should I proceed? I only have 1 Nintendo Switch... Thoughts and help appreciated :)
Dont do the crime if you can’t do the time. There is always a risk of getting banned if you hack and then go online. In your case it may be a small risk at the moment but real. If you do get banned you won’t have to miss out an many games but you will miss out on online play.

Last edited by thorasgar,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok thanks, I love my X but have not messed with a S yet.