Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

randomgbanoob123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So cab someone help me figure out how sx os+ xci is not a flashcard?

Xci should be a safe option since it mimics a normal cart right? Even if two or more people play an xci game the argument can be made that they simply didn't have there console date set correctly? Or force the console to always report the standard date that comes on when you first initialize the switch, get lost in the crowd of new users...

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So cab someone help me figure out how sx os+ xci is not a flashcard?

Xci should be a safe option since it mimics a normal cart right? Even if two or more people play an xci game the argument can be made that they simply didn't have there console date set correctly? Or force the console to always report the standard date that comes on when you first initialize the switch, get lost in the crowd of new users...
Whether or not is a flashcard is not really the issue here. To put it simply, you're hacking the console to load files from outside of the console's normal operating system which is a violation of Nintendo's Terms of Service. You're not getting banned for piracy; you're getting banned for hacking the console in the first place. And if you try playing the .XCI online with an injected certificate, Nintendo implemented checks if the title ID doesn't match. What this does is flag users for a ban most likely for the next banwave. So while .XCI may be safer in theory, it is most definitely not 100% foolproof and there is data to support that fact.

randomgbanoob123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whether or not is a flashcard is not really the issue here. To put it simply, you're hacking the console to load files from outside of the console's normal operating system which is a violation of Nintendo's Terms of Service. You're not getting banned for piracy; you're getting banned for hacking the console in the first place. And if you try playing the .XCI online with an injected certificate, Nintendo implemented checks if the title ID doesn't match. What this does is flag users for a ban most likely for the next banwave. So while .XCI may be safer in theory, it is most definitely not 100% foolproof and there is data to support that fact.

Oh I wasn't talking about going online with it at all I just want to be able to play offline single player games I already have on pc like dark souls, then be able to take out my sx os and be able to play a retail copy of smash online when that comes out without getting banned

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh I wasn't talking about going online with it at all I just want to be able to play offline single player games I already have on pc like dark souls, then be able to take out my sx os and be able to play a retail copy of smash online when that comes out without getting banned
Best way to avoid getting banned is by making a NAND backup before hacking and restoring it before going online. Everything else is likely to get you banned.

SnakerShaker

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have a switch with FW 3.0.1. and will receive my xecuter pro tomorrow. To play latest backups, how can I update to Firmware 5.0? If I do the Internet Update, it will install FW 6.0., which is nor recommended, correct?

edit: if you do the online updated you still get updated to 5.1.0 so everything fine right now

Last edited by SnakerShaker,

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a switch with FW 3.0.1. and will receive my xecuter pro tomorrow. To play latest backups, how can I update to Firmware 5.0? If I do the Internet Update, it will install FW 6.0., which is nor recommended, correct?

edit: if you do the online updated you still get updated to 5.1.0 so everything fine right now

For future reference, use ChoiDujourNX to upgrade/downgrade.

Reactions: Draxzelex

sharaku17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have been trying to fix a switch console the past few days without any luck. The switch showcases this weird behavior.
I bought a switch which was specified as having a faulty game card reader.
After getting the switch I noticed that cardridges inserted in the switch are recognized and I can start them but 4 out of 5 times the game crashes right away with the following error „the software was closed because of an error“
But 1 out of 5 times the game actually plays. I can’t say if it might crash at a later point in the game.
(this happened with Xenoblade cardridge) ( fifa 18 as a cardridge happens to play 4 out of 5 times)

So to find out if it was really the card readers fault I loaded hekate and made a backup and then loaded ReiNX with some nsp I got from cdnsp
What I found out is that a few games like Celeste,hollowknight and super Mario tennis play just fine without any problems at all
But a bunch of other games have the exact same behavior as with the legit cardridges and they keep crashing at the start with the same error
I tried RajNX afterwards to make sure it is not caused by the cfw but it’s the same behavior.

I don’t know what other hardware could cause this type of effect apart maybe from some memory reading or smth.
I have also tried to downgrade to fw 5.0.2 with ChoiDujourNX and then update to 5.1.0 to have a clean firmeware in case the software in the switch was somewhat faulty but it didnt fix the problem aswell
I dont have any ideas left. Has anyone else maybe just a slight guess what could be the cause for such a weird behavior?

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have been trying to fix a switch console the past few days without any luck. The switch showcases this weird behavior.
I bought a switch which was specified as having a faulty game card reader.
After getting the switch I noticed that cardridges inserted in the switch are recognized and I can start them but 4 out of 5 times the game crashes right away with the following error „the software was closed because of an error“
But 1 out of 5 times the game actually plays. I can’t say if it might crash at a later point in the game.
(this happened with Xenoblade cardridge) ( fifa 18 as a cardridge happens to play 4 out of 5 times)

So to find out if it was really the card readers fault I loaded hekate and made a backup and then loaded ReiNX with some nsp I got from cdnsp
What I found out is that a few games like Celeste,hollowknight and super Mario tennis play just fine without any problems at all
But a bunch of other games have the exact same behavior as with the legit cardridges and they keep crashing at the start with the same error
I tried RajNX afterwards to make sure it is not caused by the cfw but it’s the same behavior.

I don’t know what other hardware could cause this type of effect apart maybe from some memory reading or smth.
I have also tried to downgrade to fw 5.0.2 with ChoiDujourNX and then update to 5.1.0 to have a clean firmeware in case the software in the switch was somewhat faulty but it didnt fix the problem aswell
I dont have any ideas left. Has anyone else maybe just a slight guess what could be the cause for such a weird behavior?

First off I am just speculating to give my thoughts, I have no hardware knowledge of the switch. From what you have said it doesn't seem like the GC reader, I would think it's a software related error if some games play ok. I don't know but could it be a corrupted nand (on a partition which doesn't get written when restoring)? Did you select wipe clean when restoring firmware with ChoiDujourNX?

Reactions: sharaku17

sharaku17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
First off I am just speculating to give my thoughts, I have no hardware knowledge of the switch. From what you have said it doesn't seem like the GC reader, I would think it's a software related error if some games play ok. I don't know but could it be a corrupted nand (on a partition which doesn't get written when restoring)? Did you select wipe clean when restoring firmware with ChoiDujourNX?

Thats what i tought aswell, that some part of the NAND is corrupted. thats why i tried to get clean 5.1.0 through ChoiDujourNX. I dont remember seeing any Wipe clean option tho so i might not have done this.

A other thing i wanted to try was to take the NAND from my own working switch which i have laying around and inject the faultys switch biskeys into it and then restore it on that switch but sadly i dont have the knowledge of how i would actually do that

I might try to see if i find the wipe clean option on ChoiDujourNX tho, weird that i didnt spot it during the process

Reactions: 877

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thats what i tought aswell, that some part of the NAND is corrupted. thats why i tried to get clean 5.1.0 through ChoiDujourNX. I dont remember seeing any Wipe clean option tho so i might not have done this.

A other thing i wanted to try was to take the NAND from my own working switch which i have laying around and inject the faultys switch biskeys into it and then restore it on that switch but sadly i dont have the knowledge of how i would actually do that

I might try to see if i find the wipe clean option on ChoiDujourNX tho, weird that i didnt spot it during the process

Looking again it's actually called system initialize, you could backup all your saves first onto your sdcard using Checkpoint. Worth trying first. Note if using homebrew again, you will need to delete the Nintendo folder off your sdcard which removes all the nsp games installed to it.

Regarding biskeys I think it is possible but I also don't know how, I think I read about it on here though..

Last edited by 877,
Reactions: sharaku17

crashpsycho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been trying to check everything with this type of question or relatability even. Checking some other game thread sources and I can't see to find much or best info or tutorial to reference. So now with Sx 1.8 out now and many threads and tool I haven't seem to find any tool that can convert nca files to nsp I know we have CDNSP and I know I can find ways around downloading games to play but what if I just wanna convert my NCA from my eShop acct library to NSP to save my game content to my EHD. Right now I have all my game content saved on my 200gb SD card. Is there any good tool or reference guide just to convert them or would I have to CDNSP or pirate them. I really don't wanna do option 2. And I'm unsure of CDNSP

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do we know when the 6.0 update is supposed to be released
Chary seems to have a source claiming its October 3rd. Maybe you should consider asking her how reliable that source really is.
I have been trying to check everything with this type of question or relatability even. Checking some other game thread sources and I can't see to find much or best info or tutorial to reference. So now with Sx 1.8 out now and many threads and tool I haven't seem to find any tool that can convert nca files to nsp I know we have CDNSP and I know I can find ways around downloading games to play but what if I just wanna convert my NCA from my eShop acct library to NSP to save my game content to my EHD. Right now I have all my game content saved on my 200gb SD card. Is there any good tool or reference guide just to convert them or would I have to CDNSP or pirate them. I really don't wanna do option 2. And I'm unsure of CDNSP

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
There is no .NCA to .NSP converter however you can try redumping your .NSP games with this tool ->https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendo-switch-sd-to-nsp-dumper.514816/

Reactions: crashpsycho

NoSmokingBandit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm in RCM mode and about to start sending payloads to make things as permanent as possible at the moment. I just want to clarify -- Hekate negates the need for Briccmii, right? So if I'm 100% stock, send Hekate, then reboot without an RCM jig I can then simply send Reinx (with the sd card already prepped) and get down to business?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm in RCM mode and about to start sending payloads to make things as permanent as possible at the moment. I just want to clarify -- Hekate negates the need for Briccmii, right? So if I'm 100% stock, send Hekate, then reboot without an RCM jig I can then simply send Reinx (with the sd card already prepped) and get down to business?
Incorrect. Briccmii negates the need for using a jig to enter RCM. Hekate and other bootloaders are still needed if the console is ever turned off much like the 3DS. The only difference with the 3DS is that the exploit involved less steps to retrigger but in neither case was CFW ever permanent. Your alternative is to keep the console in sleep mode.

Woody601

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They're only sent to Nintendo if the console is connected online. As long as the Wi-Fi settings are deleted and you didn't visit a Nintendo Hotspot, they shouldn't have been transmitted. Even Airplane Mode can get disabled if you switch between handheld and sleep mode for example. Also firmwares 5.X can track if the error logs were manually cleared adding to the unsafety of removing these.

Restoring the NAND is safe so long as the hacked NAND never connected online. It also doesn't count as removing error logs even if you're on firmware 5.X because you're reflashing the entire NAND.
I prefer the PC because it has more options and customization.
ReiNX cannot do NAND backups at the moment. There plans for a homebrew application to perform that function if you check Rei's Twitter.
Yes, all of them. However if you remove the exploit by restarting the console, or turning it on and off, creport will be shut off.
Thanks! No sign of being banned yet! Hopefully I don't when mods with LayeredFS come out for smash ultimate :D

BATMAN-

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hello everyone!

On a different forum I read that using the exFAT format in combination with SX OS could lead to 'data loss' - does this happen to homebrew only use or also when playing backups? I for myself have never experienced any problems with using the SX OS 1.5 with firmware 5.1.0 and as far as I know many people use exFAT rather than FAT32 right?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone!

On a different forum I read that using the exFAT format in combination with SX OS could lead to 'data loss' - does this happen to homebrew only use or also when playing backups? I for myself have never experienced any problems with using the SX OS 1.5 with firmware 5.1.0 and as far as I know many people use exFAT rather than FAT32 right?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

exFAT is safe to use, no issues with SXOS or any other homebrew. You need exFAT to be able to use larger game files/backup nand in one file. Use ChoidujourNX to install it safely.

Reactions: BATMAN-

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...