Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I have not used it and it's the first time. I just wanted to know if Tinfoil supports internal installation and not only to MicroSD (If it is the default configuration where the NPS is installed)
Tinfoil supports all NSPs as well as both NAND and SD. It also features a network installation feature but its a bit slow.

Imancol

Otak Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Tinfoil supports all NSPs as well as both NAND and SD. It also features a network installation feature but its a bit slow.
Well, that was really a long time ago. FTP installation + Direct installation to NAND. So Tinfloil is no longer an excuse to have a low capacity Micro SD?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, that was really a long time ago. FTP installation + Direct installation to NAND. So Tinfloil is no longer an excuse to have a low capacity Micro SD?
Well some games are less than a gigabyte in size so it depends on how many games you want to install. Also the NAND is 32 GB in size and doesn't have the double-space requirement like the Micro SD cards.

XaneTenshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Well some games are less than a gigabyte in size so it depends on how many games you want to install. Also the NAND is 32 GB in size and doesn't have the double-space requirement like the Micro SD cards.

Wait, are you saying that if we install games to the SD Card, it will DOUBLE the space requirements?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, are you saying that if we install games to the SD Card, it will DOUBLE the space requirements?
Yes, it was like this in the 3DS as well. You can't install .NSP files to the SD card without having double the space of the .NSP. I think it has to do with the way installation works; it transfers the .NSP to the SD card then makes a copy of it. NAND obviously doesn't have this issue.

Reactions: XaneTenshi

Knorxo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Yeah I've heard of deja vu but couldn't find any updates on its development and thought it might be a dead project.
But do I even need to update still? From all what was explained I gathered that I can stay on 4.1.0 to perform all the actions. I only need the exfat update as my sd card is quite big. But I think this can be installed through cfw too without updating the whole system right ?

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

You need double as you have the nsp itself, then it also installed to the sdcard. So you need double the space until it is installed, then you can delete the original nsp.

XaneTenshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Yes, it was like this in the 3DS as well. You can't install .NSP files to the SD card without having double the space of the .NSP. I think it has to do with the way installation works; it transfers the .NSP to the SD card then makes a copy of it. NAND obviously doesn't have this issue.

I like your post, but I don't like what you are saying XD

You need double as you have the nsp itself, then it also installed to the sdcard. So you need double the space until it is installed, then you can delete the original nsp.

Ahh I see, so you need double the Space UNTIL you've installed the NSP. Thank God, I thought that if I did decide to install Resident Evil: Revelations to my SD Card, due to lack of space on the Nand, it would take up 24GB permanently:cry:

Reactions: Draxzelex

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It needs double the space just for the installation. Once installed the .nsp file can be deleted thus freeing up half the space. So if you want to install a 15G game you need 30GB of free space, once installed the .nsp can be deleted and you will have 15GB of free space left.

If one is low on space a strategy one could employ is install all the large games first then move down to the smallest. Thus maximizing the space on the card.

2manyGames2play

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I did an additional backup of my NAND and compared it with the first backup. I noticed the BOOT0 and fuel_gauge.bin integrity/hash differs from the first backup. Is this normal?

Last edited by 2manyGames2play,

Knorxo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Also one more noon question to those who might know: I want to install the exfat update but stay on 4.1.0 I know I can do this by just using an xci containing 4.1.0 WITH the exfat compatibility to use with ChoiDujourNX but I can't find which Roms contain this exact version. Is there a list anywhere that tells me exactly this ?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need an unbiased answer to this, is getting SX OS worth it or will ReiNX get a XCI backup loader soon? hate to annoy anyone.
While I am not a developer of ReiNX, I do get the chance to watch a lot of their work and someone is currently working on an "XCI Installer". Basically, it will combine the process of 4NXCI's conversion to .NSP with Tinfoil's installation of .NSP files into one giving off the effect of playing .XCI games on the Switch. The estimated release date for this tool is soon. There is also another developer who is working on raw .XCI loading however there is no window on when this will be available.

Besides that, .NSP files are arguably superior to .XCI files because you cannot install updates or DLC with .XCI so regardless if you go with SX OS or ReiNX, you will have to use .NSP files. And BBB already made .NSP dumps of all available games apart from the .XCI exclusives which you can convert with 4NXCI just fine. However, if you don't mind spending some extra money and prefer the drag-and-drop functionality of .XCI games, you can buy an SX OS license.
I did an additional backup of my NAND and compared it with the first backup. I noticed the BOOT0 and fuel_gauge.bin integrity/hash differs from the first backup. Is this normal?
Boot0 changes if AutoRCM is installed or not as well as per firmware if I recall correctly.

Reactions: 2manyGames2play

2manyGames2play

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Boot0 changes if AutoRCM is installed or not as well as per firmware if I recall correctly.
Alright :)
Since you call yourself "The Noob Whisperer", can you tell me if i'll be able to restore from a BOOT 0/1 + eMMC SYS backup from which the eMMC USER partition is excluded?
I haven't backed up eMMC USER yet as i'm questioning if it's needed when wanting to restore to a clean/virgin state.

Last edited by 2manyGames2play,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright :)
Since you call yourself "The Noob Whisperer", can you tell me if i'll be able to restore from a BOOT 0/1 + eMMC SYS backup from which the eMMC USER partition is excluded?
I haven't backed up eMMC USER yet as i'm questioning if it's needed when wanting to restore to a clean/virgin state.
Nothing should be written to boot0 except AutoRCM and firmware updates. Backing up and restoring these are moreso designed to recover from a brick rather than prevent a ban as well as eMMC SYS. We know that the USER partition stores saves, update, DLC, and any other installed data for the console but it may contain other data we are unaware of. If you wanted to return the Switch to as clean a state as possible, I would backup and restore this partition as well which means it would be better to backup and restore the raw eMMC GPP as a rawnand.bin.

Reactions: 2manyGames2play

2manyGames2play

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nothing should be written to boot0 except AutoRCM and firmware updates. Backing up and restoring these are moreso designed to recover from a brick rather than prevent a ban as well as eMMC SYS. We know that the USER partition stores saves, update, DLC, and any other installed data for the console but it may contain other data we are unaware of. If you wanted to return the Switch to as clean a state as possible, I would backup and restore this partition as well which means it would be better to backup and restore the raw eMMC GPP as a rawnand.bin.
The bold tekst rang an alarm bell. Better save (pun) than sorry i guess :) Thnx!

Davisbolt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so i just got a switch. Its serial is xaw70021xxxxxx and on firmware 5.1.0. I just want to confirm that i cannot hack it. If so, id like to know if there anyone working on a way to hack a system like this one.

Thanks

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does 1-2-Switch eShop nsp run on the modded Switch? Or are there also issues like with the xci?
Whatever issues were present with the .XCI should carry over with the .NSP
Ok so i just got a switch. Its serial is xaw70021xxxxxx and on firmware 5.1.0. I just want to confirm that i cannot hack it. If so, id like to know if there anyone working on a way to hack a system like this one.

Thanks
According to this thread, your Switch is patched and cannot run any of the current exploits. I would also recommend sharing your serial number there for the following reasons:

I have never seen a serial number this high nor a unit come with that firmware. Did it come with firmware 5.1?

After providing detailed info in the thread I linked, I would highly recommend you return or exchange that unit for a vulnerable one. There is no ETA on when there will be an exploit for patched Switch units.

Last edited by Draxzelex,

Davisbolt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, it didnt come with 5.1, it said it needed an update to read sdxc cards. So the idiot i am updated it without checking if that was ok. It was 4.something at first. Ill go post on that thread though

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night