Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

01asada

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Dumb question. but would I be less likely to get banned if all I want to do is just use emulators?
I get that doing anything would be highly risky, but I just wonder if people are getting banned because they're actually pirating Switch games, using SX, cheating, or doing something out there.

Last edited by 01asada,

Znuf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Their is a way to extract savegame from a nand backup ?

I upgraded to 5.1 wituout burn fuse and i profit to clean my switch. Now, i lost some save game.

cmkgba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I saw some buzz about modifying sonic mania switch with homebrew, and was wondering if it was really possible. If so, can you send some info? Also, it wouldn't work on physical copies right?

mazloom1994

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
guys I can not load games with sx os. I put the games on the sd card, go to the album, press A to start the game but the game won't appear on my list. I only installed/played one game (rampage DX) and then never could do it again. any help is appreciated

Judaz

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
My Switch is on firmware 4.0.2. Considering I won't be paying for that one backup loader and I intend to eventually access cfw only to try some older games that I wasn't planning on buying, should I just update to the latest version? From what I understand, every version is hackable, and I wanted to buy a couple of eshop-only games.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for the SD card, must it be FAT32? cause I cant transfer xci files larger than 4GB
You can either update your firmware to the latest to get the exFAT update officially by inserting an exFAT formatted SD card or you can try one of the following guides on how to get it offline.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...tch-console-on-any-ofw-without-update.505182/
https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-install-the-exfat-driver-without-updating-2-x.505176/
Dumb question. but would I be less likely to get banned if all I want to do is just use emulators?
I get that doing anything would be highly risky, but I just wonder if people are getting banned because they're actually pirating Switch games, using SX, cheating, or doing something out there.
We don't know but historically, less bans have occurred due to people running pure homebrew and moreso because of piracy. The only other really risk hack are save editing/cheating.
Their is a way to extract savegame from a nand backup ?

I upgraded to 5.1 wituout burn fuse and i profit to clean my switch. Now, i lost some save game.
You would have to look for the save file by mounting your Switch's eMMC via hacdiskmount, copy it onto your computer, then place it exactly where you found it within your new NAND dump. But there are no tutorials or guides on this so unfortunately, you are on your own. It is theoretically possible though.
Could I restore 5.0.2 on my 5.1.0 as my backup was taken with v2.3 CThekate and restore it with version v3.2?
Backups made with V2.3 were not verified properly so there is a chance that it was corrupted and Hekate did not notice it. If you are going to try restoring it, its best advised to make another NAND backup with V3.1+ as these are properly verified now.
Hello. I saw some buzz about modifying sonic mania switch with homebrew, and was wondering if it was really possible. If so, can you send some info? Also, it wouldn't work on physical copies right?
Not sure what you are referring to. Latest news related to Sonic Mania in the hacking scene was running it on a Switch emulator. Outside of that, we do have LayeredFS to modify game files with.

Upon searching Sonic Mania within GBATemp, I found this: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-run-sonic-mania-mods-for-pc-on-switch.507925/
Updating Games are safe for use with sx os?!
No
guys I can not load games with sx os. I put the games on the sd card, go to the album, press A to start the game but the game won't appear on my list. I only installed/played one game (rampage DX) and then never could do it again. any help is appreciated
There could be multiple problems here: SD card is fake, not being detected, bad game dumps, etc.
  • Verify your SD card is not fake with h2testw
  • Verify your dumps are legit with XCI Organizer
  • Try also doing this: Connect your sd card to a windows PC and select everything inside.
    Right click, properties, advanced, disable "folder/file is ready for archiving". Done.
  • Format the SD card using Windows
  • (Optional) Format the SD card in the Switch
My Switch is on firmware 4.0.2. Considering I won't be paying for that one backup loader and I intend to eventually access cfw only to try some older games that I wasn't planning on buying, should I just update to the latest version? From what I understand, every version is hackable, and I wanted to buy a couple of eshop-only games.
I would recommend updating by following this guide: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...nofficially-without-burning-any-fuses.507461/
It may appear lengthy and complicated, but the steps are very easy to follow and guaranteed to work. You will end up with AutoRCM though as a precautionary measure to prevent accidental fuse burning.

Last edited by Draxzelex,
Reactions: 01asada and DocBo

Andalitez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could I restore 5.0.2 on my 5.1.0 as my backup was taken with v2.3 CThekate and restore it with version v3.2?
Make a new backup now and try and restore the old one created on 2.3

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hey just wanted to ask. Is SX os cracked?
No

Updating Games are safe for use with sx os?!
no

Judaz

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You can either update your firmware to the latest to get the exFAT update officially by inserting an exFAT formatted SD card or you can try one of the following guides on how to get it offline.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...tch-console-on-any-ofw-without-update.505182/
https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-install-the-exfat-driver-without-updating-2-x.505176/
We don't know but historically, less bans have occurred due to people running pure homebrew and moreso because of piracy. The only other really risk hack are save editing/cheating.
You would have to look for the save file by mounting your Switch's eMMC via hacdiskmount, copy it onto your computer, then place it exactly where you found it within your new NAND dump. But there are no tutorials or guides on this so unfortunately, you are on your own. It is theoretically possible though.
Backups made with V2.3 were not verified properly so there is a chance that it was corrupted and Hekate did not notice it. If you are going to try restoring it, its best advised to make another NAND backup with V3.1+ as these are properly verified now.
Not sure what you are referring to. Latest news related to Sonic Mania in the hacking scene was running it on a Switch emulator. Outside of that, we do have LayeredFS to modify game files with.

Upon searching Sonic Mania within GBATemp, I found this: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-run-sonic-mania-mods-for-pc-on-switch.507925/
No

There could be multiple problems here: SD card is fake, not being detected, bad game dumps, etc.
  • Verify your SD card is not fake with h2testw
  • Verify your dumps are legit with XCI Organizer
  • Try also doing this: Connect your sd card to a windows PC and select everything inside.
    Right click, properties, advanced, disable "folder/file is ready for archiving". Done.
  • Format the SD card using Windows
  • (Optional) Format the SD card in the Switch
I would recommend updating by following this guide: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...nofficially-without-burning-any-fuses.507461/
It may appear lengthy and complicated, but the steps are very easy to follow and guaranteed to work. You will end up with AutoRCM though as a precautionary measure to prevent accidental fuse burning.
Do I risk anything by following that guide? Is there a video for reference? How big should my sd card be? Sorry for all the questions, I don't want to fuck anything up

Andalitez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I get sx os , can I update beforehand to the latest OFW? Also what is this stuff about burning fuses?
If you are on low enough firmware and wish to return to it in future,you can update without burning fuses.
If you dont care about returning to lower firmware,just update to the latest and use SX OS.
As for the reasons returning to a lower firmware, it might have a future warm boot so you dont need to launch cfw from rcm etc

Do I risk anything by following that guide? Is there a video for reference? How big should my sd card be? Sorry for all the questions, I don't want to fuck anything up
Following which guide specifically?
They vary from "super easy" to "pay attention and dont do this at midnight if you want to sleep"

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I get sx os , can I update beforehand to the latest OFW? Also what is this stuff about burning fuses?
Fuses are an anti-downgrade mechanism implemented in the Switch that prevents lower firmwares from being booted compared to the number of fuses irreversibly burnt. However, with access to the current exploit, we can prevent fuses from being burnt effectively allowing us to boot any firmware. It is only useful for downgrading if the fuses are not burnt so its recommend to perform all updating by using that exploit from here onwards.
A lot of the risks the guide introduces are mitigated with very specific instructions and clear warnings on what not to do. SD card should be ideally 32 GB since the entire Switch's eMMC is 29.1 GB in size but most of that is dead space. The absolute required partitions are around 2~ GB in size. Another thing to note is that when you if you use the guide to update from a firmware below 4.0 to a firmware above 4.0, there is a patch applied to the cartridge port that prevents cartridges from working when you return to a firmware below 4.0. In the guide, this is addressed via a custom module that will reversibly break your cartridge port on firmware 4.0 so the patch is not applied.

Judaz

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Fuses are an anti-downgrade mechanism implemented in the Switch that prevents lower firmwares from being booted compared to the number of fuses irreversibly burnt. However, with access to the current exploit, we can prevent fuses from being burnt effectively allowing us to boot any firmware. It is only useful for downgrading if the fuses are not burnt so its recommend to perform all updating by using that exploit from here onwards.
A lot of the risks the guide introduces are mitigated with very specific instructions and clear warnings on what not to do. SD card should be ideally 32 GB since the entire Switch's eMMC is 29.1 GB in size but most of that is dead space. The absolute required partitions are around 2~ GB in size. Another thing to note is that when you if you use the guide to update from a firmware below 4.0 to a firmware above 4.0, there is a patch applied to the cartridge port that prevents cartridges from working when you return to a firmware below 4.0. In the guide, this is addressed via a custom module that will reversibly break your cartridge port on firmware 4.0 so the patch is not applied.
I see, thanks. So this should give me the ability to go back to whichever firmware I want, whenever I want to, right?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see, thanks. So this should give me the ability to go back to whichever firmware I want, whenever I want to, right?
That is the purpose of the guide. If you're feeling risky, you can remove AutoRCM and boot into RCM with a jig or something else. However, you must have 100% confidence in that jig because if you turn on your Switch and you see the Nintendo logo, your fuses will be permanently burnt. So long as the Nintendo Logo never pops up, your fuses won't be burnt and you can jump back to your original firmware.

Judaz

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
That is the purpose of the guide. If you're feeling risky, you can remove AutoRCM and boot into RCM with a jig or something else. However, you must have 100% confidence in that jig because if you turn on your Switch and you see the Nintendo logo, your fuses will be permanently burnt. So long as the Nintendo Logo never pops up, your fuses won't be burnt and you can jump back to your original firmware.
What is AutoRCM?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yay solitude again