Different screen brightness ?

Huex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, I had to replace my new 2ds xl upper screen and the brightness is bad so I would like to lower the bottom screen brightness without lowering the upper one, is it possible ? Or is it possible to increase the upper screen britghness but more than max britghness ?

Thanks

Bramzs77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, I had to replace my new 2ds xl upper screen and the brightness is bad so I would like to lower the bottom screen brightness without lowering the upper one, is it possible ? Or is it possible to increase the upper screen britghness but more than max britghness ?

Thanks
I have a similar problem due to my top screen is TN and my bottom is IPS

Huex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for your answer, I am not sure that I understood, do I need another new 2ds xl ? It is said : "You will need to borrow the [1:] SYSNAND CTRNAND/ro/sys/HWCAL0.DAt from another n3DSXL"

You need the HWCAL0.dat file for the specific screen you swapped.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think I understood, do I need the HWCAL0.dat of the new screen or the HWCAL0.dat of another new 2ds xl that I could find on internet ?

You need the HWCAL0.dat of the screen you swap, so for example if you swapped a TN screen for an IPS screen you need the top screen IPS HWCAL0.dat file.

Huex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You need the HWCAL0.dat of the screen you swap, so for example if you swapped a TN screen for an IPS screen you need the top screen IPS HWCAL0.dat file.
Oh okay, so I just need to follow these steps since the new 2ds xl already have the upper screen swapped, am I right ? :
DO NOT PERFORM THE STEPS BELOW UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING.
  1. GodMode9 → [1:] SYSNAND CTRNAND/ro/sys → press (L)-shoulder button on both the HWCAL0.DAt HWCAL0.dat and HWCAL1.DAt HWCAL1.dat to highlight them in yellow.
  2. For safety in case you somehow mess this up, make backup files by pressing (A) → Copy to 0:/gm9/out.
  3. Press (Y) to [CLIPBOARD] select the two (2) files. If selection mistake has occurred, press (SELECT) to reset.
  4. Back out once with the (B) button. Press (Y) → Move Path(s). This will relocate the *.DAt *.dat files to 1:/ro directory.
  5. Perform the battery trick in order for the bad calibration settings to take effect.
  6. Boot to HOME Menu. Observe the horrendous image quality.
  7. Move the *.DAt *.dat files back to the 1:/ro/sys directory. Perform the battery trick again.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh okay, so I just need to follow these steps since the new 2ds xl already have the upper screen swapped, am I right ? :
DO NOT PERFORM THE STEPS BELOW UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING.
  1. GodMode9 → [1:] SYSNAND CTRNAND/ro/sys → press (L)-shoulder button on both the HWCAL0.DAt HWCAL0.dat and HWCAL1.DAt HWCAL1.dat to highlight them in yellow.
  2. For safety in case you somehow mess this up, make backup files by pressing (A) → Copy to 0:/gm9/out.
  3. Press (Y) to [CLIPBOARD] select the two (2) files. If selection mistake has occurred, press (SELECT) to reset.
  4. Back out once with the (B) button. Press (Y) → Move Path(s). This will relocate the *.DAt *.dat files to 1:/ro directory.
  5. Perform the battery trick in order for the bad calibration settings to take effect.
  6. Boot to HOME Menu. Observe the horrendous image quality.
  7. Move the *.DAt *.dat files back to the 1:/ro/sys directory. Perform the battery trick again.

Never done any so I can't help with instruction, all I know you need the HWCAL files for the specific screen.

Huex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Never done any so I can't help with instruction, all I know you need the HWCAL files for the specific screen.
Okay thanks and do you know exactly how to perform the battery trick ? Do I have to boot Recovery Mode then power off, then GodMode9 then power off, Luma3DS then power off , and HOME Menu ?

Huex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You hold the start button while powering on to boot up to a menu allowing you to boot into godmode9
okay thanks, I will try all of this right now, hope it works
Post automatically merged:

You hold the start button while powering on to boot up to a menu allowing you to boot into godmode9
Someone just bumped a thread about this. If you replaced your upper screen, you may have to change the hardware calibration.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/are-aliexpress-n3dsxl-ips-panels-fully-functional.563124/
I just tried nothing changed

Last edited by Huex,

Huex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Did you bother reading what those steps are supposed to do!?
Oh… Then I don’t know what I have to do
Post automatically merged:

I think it is that I need someone IPS new 2ds xl .dat files.... But how to find that...

Last edited by Huex,

Huex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
After some researches it's not possible without that so I would like to know how to lower the britghness of the bottom screen please ? I found out the luma 10.3 mod with a "change screen brightness" setting but I have to redo it after powering off the console...

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After some researches it's not possible without that so I would like to know how to lower the britghness of the bottom screen please ? I found out the luma 10.3 mod with a "change screen brightness" setting but I have to redo it after powering off the console...

You should get the HWCAL files of the screen you swapped.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y