Different screen brightness ?

Huex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I mean, you can also wait longer, I'll release some homebrew eventually to callibrate your screens with... It might not be user-friendly, as it's mainly intended for repair shops, but yeah...
Okay thanks, I think it's not a problem if it's not user-friendly (as long as there is a tutorial...). Do you think it will be available in a near future ?

Last edited by Huex,

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Okay thanks, I think it's not a problem if it's not user-friendly (as long as there is a tutorial...). Do you think it will be available in a near future ?

I think I could try bringing up to standard just barely enough where it could be used with assistance without having to teach a lot of math and all that magic stuff.

Prepare yourself:
- select which color you want to match the screens with (gray, white, red/green/blue, etc.), as TN and IPS have different color curves, can't really callibrate that
- select two brightness levels (yes, it has to be two, not one, nor more) where you want to exactly match the brightnesses
- you'll still have to match all 7 brightness levels, even though only two of them will match perfectly
- these settings are lost when you factory reset your 3DS

Early adopters tax, I guess.
If you don't want to deal with this then please tell me, so I can act accordingly.

Huex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think I could try bringing up to standard just barely enough where it could be used with assistance without having to teach a lot of math and all that magic stuff.

Prepare yourself:
- select which color you want to match the screens with (gray, white, red/green/blue, etc.), as TN and IPS have different color curves, can't really callibrate that
- select two brightness levels (yes, it has to be two, not one, nor more) where you want to exactly match the brightnesses
- you'll still have to match all 7 brightness levels, even though only two of them will match perfectly
- these settings are lost when you factory reset your 3DS

Early adopters tax, I guess.
If you don't want to deal with this then please tell me, so I can act accordingly.
Thanks for your answer, I am not sure if I have to tell you now but I don’t know which color I want, if it’s IPS or TN I think it’s not a problem or the color you think is the best.
Aren’t there 5 brightness ? I think I would select the brightness 5.
If I don’t want to deal with that what will change ?

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Thanks for your answer, I am not sure if I have to tell you now but I don’t know which color I want, if it’s IPS or TN I think it’s not a problem or the color you think is the best.
Aren’t there 5 brightness ? I think I would select the brightness 5.
If I don’t want to deal with that what will change ?

There are 7 brightnesses, level 0 is hidden, and level 6 is just level 5.

If you don't want to choose a color, I'll choose light gray, as usually that's what matters.

Well, if you don't want to deal with the other brightness levels, then I could make it work in the math, but then the brightness will be noticably off in other levels.
If you want level 5, then I recommend selecting level 3 as the other one, that's how you'll get the best brightness uniformity for all 5 levels.

Huex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France

If you don't want to choose a color, I'll choose light gray, as usually that's what matters.

Well, if you don't want to deal with the other brightness levels, then I could make it work in the math, but then the brightness will be noticably off in other levels.
If you want level 5, then I recommend selecting level 3 as the other one, that's how you'll get the best brightness uniformity for all 5 levels.
Will light gray looks like normal, like the original color ?

Then, I meant level 6, sorry(if it’s the level 5, which is at 142).

I am not sure I understood, I have to choose 2 brightness levels on which the brightness will look good, am I right ?
The other levels won’t look good looking when speaking of brightness, am I right ?

By the way, here is a photo of the screens (you can’t see the difference in the photo as much as in real life)
IMG_3591.jpeg

Last edited by Huex,

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Will light gray looks like normal, like the original color ?

Then, I meant level 6, sorry(if it’s the level 5, which is at 142).

I am not sure I understood, I have to choose 2 brightness levels on which the brightness will look good, am I right ?
The other levels won’t look good looking when speaking of brightness, am I right ?

Light gray is chosen, as if you average the screen contents over a long period of time, you should get light gray.

I can't choose level 6, as you can't select it in Home Menu. It'll have to be level 5 and level 3.

Yeah, you're choosing two brightness levels which you can match *perfectly*. For the others, there is no guarantee that they will be brightness-matched for the selected color.

Huex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Light gray is chosen, as if you average the screen contents over a long period of time, you should get light gray.

I can't choose level 6, as you can't select it in Home Menu. It'll have to be level 5 and level 3.

Yeah, you're choosing two brightness levels which you can match *perfectly*. For the others, there is no guarantee that they will be brightness-matched for the selected color.
Okay thanks, then I want to give it a try

Huex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France

Hello, I just wanted to know when would I be able to try it please ?

Smith9527

Trophies
XP
Country
China
@Sono Good evening brother, to make a long story short, I am looking for a way to make the N3DS screen brighter (break through 172), after searching and found that you have developed a plug-in called CTR_Redshift may achieve the functions I need. But unfortunately, it has been illegally removed, I even ran to your github to see the project, but still can not download cia, helpless I can only ask for your help

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
@Sono Good evening brother, to make a long story short, I am looking for a way to make the N3DS screen brighter (break through 172), after searching and found that you have developed a plug-in called CTR_Redshift may achieve the functions I need. But unfortunately, it has been illegally removed, I even ran to your github to see the project, but still can not download cia, helpless I can only ask for your help

I'm working on a program to edit all those settings.

LCD Tweaker is no longer relevant, and the brightness reverted when exiting it, so it was removed. Use CTR_Refshift instead for red screen, and for brightness the new program is still in coding.

Smith9527

Trophies
XP
Country
China
I'm working on a program to edit all those settings.

LCD Tweaker is no longer relevant, and the brightness reverted when exiting it, so it was removed. Use CTR_Refshift instead for red screen, and for brightness the new program is still in coding.
Ok, I will continue to pay attention to your dynamics, if there is a need for testers then I will be happy to help!

Reactions: Sono

ButtBoyBoris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hello,

Iam in the same situation as the creator of this thread! Bought a replacement screen for my new 2ds and its darker than the lower screen, found this post and hope that your (Sono) app could help me too:)

serkan5000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm still working on it. I'm trying to get rid of the requirement to have to cal so many points, but I'm bad at math, so it may have to be left in.
Hi Sonos I'm also interested in this program, and can help code or test if needed. Let me know!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.