Download English Patch Rev. 0.80
Note: The rom must be Tomodachi Collection v1.1. (There are different versions of rom around. You need to use the one with v1.1. I didn't test the patch with other versions.)
(The rom's MD5 Hash is 7ab6acd97168f6d70e953a9c8057337c.)
- Translation/Programming/Graphic editing: jjjewel
- Beta testers: AmuletCross, chocobikies, jinny-jin, MisaChan, xMimii
- Programs used in this project: Console Tool, CrystalTile2, Light Patcher, NDS Editor/kiwi.DS, NFTRedit, Tinke
Type of game: Variety
Age restriction: This game is suitable for gamers of all ages.
- Most of the important stuff that you need to play the game are translated.
- The translation patch is provided as is. I appreciate your feedback and please point out if you find any mistakes, but I cannot guarantee whether I will release any more patches after this.
What are NOT fully translated:
- Job descriptions. I just blanked them out.
- Mii News. Only about half of them were translated but that should cover all the important news.
- Songs. Some translated text in the lyric might be cut off in the middle but it will show up in full when you select it.
- A lot of things in this game won't sound like proper English due to the Japanese language structure and some limitation in hacking. And the game won't automatically change capitalization so there will be words in the middle of a sentence that start with capital letters.
- English is not my native language and I know I probably made a lot of mistakes in the translation. I'm really sorry about that but you'll just have to bear with it.
- Some mini-games require that you know Japanese in order to play. (Just make some guesses then. You can win items from other mini-games.)
- I changed Katakana font (as shown in the pic below) for Japanese sound. Use it instead of English alphabets to get your name pronounced the way you want because the game can't pronounce English name. English names will be pronounced letter by letter instead. (Ex. "Kay" is pronounced as K-A-Y. You should use Japanese equivalent sound of "KE E" or "KE I" instead.)
- If you name your character with romanized katakana, it will show up as Japanese katakana in some parts of the game. (Ex. Job diagnosis.)
Use this chart for sounds with ﾞ or ﾟ
(The signs below "Kata" button in the picture above.)
KA KI KU KE KO
add ﾞ = GA GI GU GE GO
SA SI SU SE SO
add ﾞ = ZA ZI ZU ZE ZO
TA TI TU TE TO
add ﾞ = DA DI DU DE DO
HA HI HU HE HO
add ﾞ = BA BI BU BE BO
add ﾟ = PA PI PU PE PO
- The game only works on some specific flashcart and firmware because of its anti-piracy protection. If it freezes when you configure your character (after you name your island), then it doesn't work on your cart and I can't help you with that. You need to upgrade the firmware, etc. to make it work. (As I tested, it didn't work on No$GBA but it worked on DesMuMe. On my R4 card, it didn't work with YSMenu but worked with R4 Woods.)
- I didn't test the Connection Mode where you can connect and transfer characters and items to other DS or Wii. I don't know if it will work or not.
* Please don't ask me about 3DS version of this game. I don't have 3DS and I'm totally not interested in hacking/translating 3DS games.