Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

HexZyle

Pretty Petty Pedant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks, i don't think i will be playing anything online for now so i guess my safest way would remain as status quo and not touch anything?
Shall slowly enjoy BoTW and mario i guess. thanks again!

But is there anything that would affect my gameplay if i'm not online or greatly missing out on?

Not for singleplayer games like Zelda. There are some small challenge DLCs but I couldn't give you an extensive description of those because I'm out of the loop.

Reactions: atrocious123

Adrian137

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Hi

I have not connected to the internet ever since i got my switch.

Now I wanted to check my total playtime on my switch. However it is asking me to connect to the Internet to create a nintendo account.

Can I connect to the Internet in order to see the playtime ? Will it be risky as the system will prompt me for update to latest firmware ?

Last edited by Adrian137,

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just want to confirm. 4.0.1 and 4.1.0 does not make a difference in regards of homebrew and/or hacks when it comes out, correct? Right now I have two Switches with those two firmware (one was going to be a gift for an upcomming bday while one will be for homebrew)

Xandroz

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
regarding 1.0.0 console and puyo puyo tetris.
from my understanding it will be ine time use to initiate the glitch and run the exploit and then get the cfw right.
so i wont need it later.

correct me if im wrong cause i just got it yesterday and still connecting the dots.

cheers

pokeplayer984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so here's the deal. I have a working GBA Emulator (VBA Next.) on the Switch. I was playing Metroid Fusion. I had saved the game and then somehow got to an area I'm not supposed to go to yet and got stuck. As such, I hoped to restart from where I saved. I turned it off and after some time booted up the Emulator again. Long story short, when I finally got to the game again, I found there was no save data.

As such, I have two questions. 1 - Does this thing save your progress at all?

2 - If so, how do I access said save data?

Rune

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've bought a 2nd Switch, which I'll hopefully get delivered tomorrow. It comes with 2.1.0 and I was thinking about picking up Pokken Tournament DX along with it. But before I do I have to ask, is there any reason or benefit in staying on 2.1.0 over 3.0?
I understand 3.0 currently runs homebrew right now, but I'm not sure if 2.1.0 is a more vulnerable firmware version. I know 1.0 is arguably the best one to have, but between 2.1.0 and 3.0, is there any difference?

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Okay, so here's the deal. I have a working GBA Emulator (VBA Next.) on the Switch. I was playing Metroid Fusion. I had saved the game and then somehow got to an area I'm not supposed to go to yet and got stuck. As such, I hoped to restart from where I saved. I turned it off and after some time booted up the Emulator again. Long story short, when I finally got to the game again, I found there was no save data.

As such, I have two questions. 1 - Does this thing save your progress at all?

2 - If so, how do I access said save data?
With all the Retroarch cores, you have to set the savepath after every start of the emulator.
This is not "normal behavior", and should be fixed in the future - but devs seem to have a hard time doing it (read the next paragraph) for the time being.

They use a library, that apparently doesnt allow them so set a directory path for retroarch "on the SD card" until after the emulator is loaded. This effects savegames, the emulators system and bios directories, cfg files.. and a bunch of other stuff.

The suggested solution to get around this is to currently, after every start of the retroarch emulator, go to Settings/Path Options/Save File Directory - and change this directory to point to an existing folder on the SD card.

When exiting the game, make sure you do it via pressing + and - and selecting "quit retroarch". Then a savegame should be created in the chosen directory. It also can be loaded by specifying the same folder the next time you launch the emulator.

We hope, that this wont be a thing in the future - but right now - it is. :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I've bought a 2nd Switch, which I'll hopefully get delivered tomorrow. It comes with 2.1.0 and I was thinking about picking up Pokken Tournament DX along with it. But before I do I have to ask, is there any reason or benefit in staying on 2.1.0 over 3.0?
I understand 3.0 currently runs homebrew right now, but I'm not sure if 2.1.0 is a more vulnerable firmware version. I know 1.0 is arguably the best one to have, but between 2.1.0 and 3.0, is there any difference?
http://wololo.net/2018/02/18/nintendo-switch-4-1-0-hack-sciresm-good-news-people-latest-firmware/

marduk666

THE INFINITE NOOB
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Infinitenoon here with a couple of questions
Just bought splatoon 2 and I am on 4.1
Can I play online without updating?
I understand once I set my WiFi off my custom dns settings it will download 5.0 update. When it does can I delete it or just watch carefully and say no to system update?
How can I tell a system update prompt from a game update prompt?
Thanks.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Infinitenoob here with a couple of questions
Just bought splatoon 2 and I am on 4.1
Can I play online without updating?
I understand once I set my WiFi off my custom dns settings it will download 5.0 update. When it does can I delete it or just watch carefully and say no to system update?
How can I tell a system update prompt from a game update prompt?
Thanks.

Salazar-DE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You could set up some DNS settings to block updates, but it would be equally effective to turn on aeroplane mode and enable wireless controllers.

What is the difference between what you wrote and not connecting to a wifi network? I went and cleared the wifi networks saved on my Switch to prevent it from updating. Should I actually go into airplane mode instead and enable wireless controllers?

Last edited by Salazar-DE,

HexZyle

Pretty Petty Pedant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
What is the difference between what you wrote and not connecting to a wifi network? I went and cleared the wifi networks saved on my Switch to prevent it from updating. Should I actually go into airplane mode instead and enable wireless controllers?

I think having no wi-fi settings will work. Other devices will sometimes try to connect automatically to open wi-fi networks but I'm not sure if the Switch does that

KiDBi

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
My switch's firmware is 2.1.0. I have zelda card version 001, how can i play it without update fw 3.0.1?

I should stay my fw or update it. I want install cfw, but I will play zelda and mario in waiting time. Sorry my bad English.

Thank you!

Salazar-DE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My switch's firmware is 2.1.0. I have zelda card version 001, how can i play it without update fw 3.0.1?

I should stay my fw or update it. I want install cfw, but I will play zelda and mario in waiting time. Sorry my bad English.

Thank you!

You cannot play Zelda and Mario without updating your console to fw 3.0.1. If your console is on firmware 2.1.0, you have to update to 3.0.1 to play your Mario and Zelda.

If you return Zelda and buy a Zelda card version 000, you can play that on firmware 2.1.0.

Personally, I would update to play Mario. That's because I did update from 3.0.0 to 4.1.0 to play Mario, literally 2 days before the 3.0.0 hack and homebrew were released. I'm still a bit salty but we'll get our hacks eventually and Mario is a lot of fun.

Last edited by Salazar-DE,

colt05

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On 3.0.2, how safe is it to update to 4.1.0? What would I lose? I know the firmware list says 3.0.1-4.1.0 are interchangeable, but it was just updated to say that (it originally said 3.0.1-3.0.2 would get homebrew sooner than 4.x).

Last edited by colt05,

TheRealJoshSketch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello!

I come in asking if anyone knows of any progress or updates regarding hacking Splatoon 2, since most of the posts that I see here or anywhere else talk mostly about when the game was first released.

My biggest wish is a Rank Editor for Splatoon 2, so I can be at S+/X when I'm finally out of my dorm and back home with better internet. Does anyone know of anything related to this being worked on and or already released? Thank you very much.

SwineAdam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello. it says 2.0.0 & 3.0.0 are interchangeable. from what i can tell, people say you can update your games on 2.0.0 without updating the system. is this correct? is it possible to make 3.0.0 change to 2.0.0? if so, can i update my game? anyone?

SuinkaiVS

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
hello. it says 2.0.0 & 3.0.0 are interchangeable. from what i can tell, people say you can update your games on 2.0.0 without updating the system. is this correct? is it possible to make 3.0.0 change to 2.0.0? if so, can i update my game? anyone?
no, you can't update your games without updating the whole system. And if you want, you can obtain a copy of pokken DX (Be careful, only 000 cartridges have 3.0 on the cart. Info here) to update to 3.0 and install homebrew launcher.

Reactions: BvanBart

SwineAdam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, you can't update your games without updating the whole system. And if you want, you can obtain a copy of pokken DX (Be careful, only 000 cartridges have 3.0 on the cart. ) to update to 3.0 and install homebrew launcher.

my system came with 3.0.0 already installed. a sticky on this site says 2.0.0 and 3.0.0 are interchangeable. it is also possible to google instruction on how to update your games on 2.0.0 without updating the system. from what it seems, this only works on 2.0.0. the proceedings on my Switch 3.0.0 differed slightly from the instruction on how to do it, and did not work.

anyhow... i am trying to figure out how to get 3.0.0 changed to 2.0.0, so i can attempt to update the game.

Last edited by SwineAdam,
Reactions: SuinkaiVS

SuinkaiVS

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
my system came with 3.0.0 already installed. a sticky on this site says 2.0.0 and 3.0.0 are interchangeable. it is also possible to google instruction on how to update your games on 2.0.0 without updating the system. from what it seems, this only works on 2.0.0. the proceedings on my Switch 3.0.0 differed slightly from the instruction on how to do it, and did not work.

anyhow... i am trying to figure out how to get 3.0.0 changed to 2.0.0, so i can attempt to update the game.
when it says that are interchangeable it means they use the same exploit to hack with deja vu. not possible to downgrade. And no, no possible way to update games without updating the system

Reactions: SwineAdam

SwineAdam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when it says that are interchangeable it means they use the same exploit to hack with deja vu. not possible to downgrade. And no, no possible way to update games without updating the system

oh okay! worst case scenario i had thought it could just interchange only when coming from 2.0.0. but what you say makes sense too. lol :) thank you!

Reactions: SuinkaiVS

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/owEOnspRpVk?si=rEd1m4Yi0aTKvjiv