Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

habla2k

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hey there, i hope you can help out.

So today i started my clean sysNAND stock ofw, because i thought about playing a game legit, because of online features. So i started the update process through nintendo, because it's the official way to do, my switch rebooted aaaaand that's it. Won't start OFW anymore, after NINTENDO it stays black. CFW on emuNAND working fine still.

I use emuNAND to stay clean on sysNAND, so is there a way to only restore the sysNAND without affecting anything on my emuNAND/cfw? I do have a sysNAND backup, but in hekate it seems you can only restore everything.

I don't want to lose anything from my atmosphere setup like savegames and game data.

UPDATE: I could get it to work by starting sysNAND through a clean atmosphere/hekate setup. then after doing a cold start i could boot up OFW without Problems.

Last edited by habla2k,

naldo29

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know the value of this resistor in the center? this is a switch oled. Please help thank you!

Found it 4.7k
1717884590594.png

Last edited by naldo29,

kiyafox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont know why but i cant get my phone to work with rekado i have it installed but the phone and the switch dont conect and it makes rekado not work

rsx

USA Modchip Installer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, DBi, and install them, just like the actual game.
Thanks! I ended up using tinfoil and added lib***shop. It automatically checks for updates, dlc. Very convienient. Not good for adding base games because it's slow, but everything else is great. On another note, this 512gb card is just about full. I only wanted it for two or three games but got sidetracked.
Can't decide which is better, this or the vita. Both are excellent for different reasons.

Reactions: BigOnYa

Ozz465

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Returning noob here , original switch with maybe an update from the 1st few months of release and using the old paid os , any tips on how to update and be up to date on the latest few and such .
Sorry guys , lost AF atm . just a nudge in the right direction if you can .

manonegra

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello.

First of all, I apologize if I write where I shouldn't, or if there are details that I don't know. 2 or 3 months ago my nephew gave my son his switch with atmosphere, and the other day I tried to update it following a video from a YouTuber who posted a pack with the update.

Everything updated perfectly, but the switch ran out of battery, and when I restart it, and try to install games, I get this error: "partially installed contents can be removed from system settings applet". I can play games on the SD, but I can't install games.

I am totally new to this, so I can't give you more details, and if you help me, I may not understand you. Still, I beg you, can you help me?

thanks a lot.

BigArnold

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to to use TegraGUI to send a payload to my Switch for the first time. It's not detecting my device in RCM but my Switch is connected via USB and being detected by the PC. I did all the stuff with Zegra but still having no luck. I don't know what else to try.

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Mozambique
I'm trying to to use TegraGUI to send a payload to my Switch for the first time. It's not detecting my device in RCM but my Switch is connected via USB and being detected by the PC. I did all the stuff with Zegra but still having no luck. I don't know what else to try.

My first thought is, are you 100% positive you have an unpatched Switch?

rsx

USA Modchip Installer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was looking around emulators on the switch and mostly came up empty. Are there any better options for this system?

Caelynx

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello there, I hope someone can help me with my issue bc I cant seem to find any solution online ;w;

so I hacked my switch like 1-2 years ago - I did a backup of the OG switch stuff as well as all the things I used to hack it.

The thing is somehow that main folder got deleted from my system (that's an entire different issue) but the payload I used in my backup is also.... gone.... idk how and why bc everything else is still there.

so I cant reinject the payload I used for the hack so I cant turn my switch on bc it "died" on low battery. What the hell can I do, because I tried to just factory reset it with the button combination on the nintendo page but it wont react to that ;w; it only told me that the SD card was removed (which yes true i tried that) and that it will shut off entirely. (i since put the SD card back in but nothing changed)
I also already tried to get the files back onto my system but that also isn't working out.
I don't care that much about the data on the sd card bc it was only one game I was playing I just kinda want to be able to use my switch again ;w;

Can I somehow figure out what payload I need to inject it with? ( I miiiight have tried a wrong one I found on one of my hard drives in hopes it be the right data just in the wrong place..... it was not the right one..... it still says tho that the RCM device is ok )
I hope i included the necessary info, but thats all I kinda know ;w;

Vans1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello all,

Im trying to follow the GBAtemp guide to home-brew my switch.
A question I have follow this guide;

It says the follow; Before setting up the console for homebrew, it is important to have at least one eShop game (such as Fallout Shelter), application (such as YouTube or Hulu), or a game demo such as 10 Second Run RETURNS.

But when I try to open the Eshop I get a message that I have to update my switch first.

I don't think I should do this right?
When I don't, how can I get at least one Eshop game on my switch before proceeding with the guide?

4d1xlaan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all,

Im trying to follow the GBAtemp guide to home-brew my switch.
A question I have follow this guide;

It says the follow; Before setting up the console for homebrew, it is important to have at least one eShop game (such as Fallout Shelter), application (such as YouTube or Hulu), or a game demo such as 10 Second Run RETURNS.

But when I try to open the Eshop I get a message that I have to update my switch first.

I don't think I should do this right?
When I don't, how can I get at least one Eshop game on my switch before proceeding with the guide?
1: you can update
2: you dont actually need an eshop game or application

Vans1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
1: you can update
2: you dont actually need an eshop game or application
Im glad this is a noop paradise, otherwise I would feel ashamed.

Updating doesnt change the firmware / makes it unable to homebrew?

What would you advise?
Update before i start the homebrew guide?
Dont upgrade at all?

Edit: Found on reddit it doesn't matter. Better update before than manually after

Last edited by Vans1,

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Updating doesnt change the firmware / makes it unable to homebrew?
Unless you're on firmware 4.1.0 or lower, there isn't really a reason to stay on lower firmware as it's unlikely that there will be another software only exploit. All unpatched v1 Switches have exploitable RCM mode which can not be patched through software, which is one of the reasons that newer Switch models v2, OLED and Lite can not be hacked without installing modchip.

What would you advise?
Update before i start the homebrew guide?
Dont upgrade at all?
Depends on what you're going to use your Switch for.

If you plan on using emuMMC for all your CFW stuff and sysMMC for online stuff, you'll need to update your official firmware in order to play some of those games that require higher firmware. You can update your firmware without burning fuses, therefore allowing you to downgrade your Switch in the future, allowing you to possibly downgrade back to the exploitable firmware should one appear sometime in the future. I'm no expert so don't take everything I say for granted, but I believe it's not smart to downgrade your firmware after you successfully connect to the Nintendo servers as you might cause a mismatch between the logs you have on your console and the ones that Nintendo has about your console. That will most likely get you baned.

If you'll use it only for running game backups or for piracy, keep the sysMMC clean and use emuMMC for all your CFW stuff. You don't need to update if you don't plan to use it. I'd remove all of the wifi networks on sysMMC and reboot into maintenance mode in order to clear the system cache and any pending update you may have on your console. After that, I'd just proceed with one of the guides in order to create an emuMMC and run Atmosphere CFW on it.

Vans1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Unless you're on firmware 4.1.0 or lower, there isn't really a reason to stay on lower firmware as it's unlikely that there will be another software only exploit. All unpatched v1 Switches have exploitable RCM mode which can not be patched through software, which is one of the reasons that newer Switch models v2, OLED and Lite can not be hacked without installing modchip.

Depends on what you're going to use your Switch for.

If you plan on using emuMMC for all your CFW stuff and sysMMC for online stuff, you'll need to update your official firmware in order to play some of those games that require higher firmware. You can update your firmware without burning fuses, therefore allowing you to downgrade your Switch in the future, allowing you to possibly downgrade back to the exploitable firmware should one appear sometime in the future. I'm no expert so don't take everything I say for granted, but I believe it's not smart to downgrade your firmware after you successfully connect to the Nintendo servers as you might cause a mismatch between the logs you have on your console and the ones that Nintendo has about your console. That will most likely get you baned.

If you'll use it only for running game backups or for piracy, keep the sysMMC clean and use emuMMC for all your CFW stuff. You don't need to update if you don't plan to use it. I'd remove all of the wifi networks on sysMMC and reboot into maintenance mode in order to clear the system cache and any pending update you may have on your console. After that, I'd just proceed with one of the guides in order to create an emuMMC and run Atmosphere CFW on it.
I plan to use it only for running game backups or for piracy. So I don't need the online part.

My firmware is 17.0.1
On reddit I read I need to update in order to play recent games.

So I guess I can update my switch now and then continue the guide I found on here?

The guide I found here (https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/user_guide/rcm/) is still the one to follow?

Last edited by Vans1,

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
On reddit I read I need to update in order to play recent games.
So I guess I have to update and then continue the guide I found on here.
For recent games, you can update firmware on your emuMMC, you don't have to update your stock firmware for that. I believe that people on Reddit are probably updating their stock firmware first in order to dump firmware files to the SD card in order to update their emuMMC's firmware as well by using those files. However, you can also find the firmware files online (we aren't allowed to link to those as they contain copyrighted material, but a quick Google search is all it takes to find it) and use them instead, you don't have to update your sysMMC / stock firmware.

I can't check my firmware I think?
If I go to system -> system update I only see there is an update available. Not the current version.
I bought this switch from a shop that sells this switch specifically to home-brew it.
You can remove the pending update if reboot into maintenance mode. Here's how:
  1. Make sure that your Internet connection is disabled if you're connected right now and remove any saved connections as well. You need to do this because as soon as you connect to the Internet, your Switch will proceed to check for update and download it.
  2. Turn off your console (when in home menu, hold the power button for a few seconds and select power off).
  3. Hold volume + and volume - at the same time and, while holding them, press the power button. Keep holding them both until you boot into the maintenance mode. At this point any pending updates and cache is cleared on your sysMMC, you don't need to press and/or select anything.
  4. Press the power button once again. It'll shut down the console.
  5. Once you reboot, you should be able to see your current firmware.
The guide I found here (https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/user_guide/rcm/) is still the one to follow?
That's the one I usually use. There are a few things that I do differently:
  1. As I've previously mentioned, you don't have to update your stock firmware in order to dump the firmware files and update your emuMMC firmware. Those files can be found on the Internet.
  2. For game backups, you'll need either sigpatches or sys-patch (recommended).
I've made a post about updating your Switch setup here, so you can find some additional info there.

Reactions: BigOnYa

Vans1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
For recent games, you can update firmware on your emuMMC, you don't have to update your stock firmware for that. I believe that people on Reddit are probably updating their stock firmware first in order to dump firmware files to the SD card in order to update their emuMMC's firmware as well by using those files. However, you can also find the firmware files online (we aren't allowed to link to those as they contain copyrighted material, but a quick Google search is all it takes to find it) and use them instead, you don't have to update your sysMMC / stock firmware.
So to conclude and summarize; I can start the guide now. I don't update my switch.
After I complete the guide and use google search to find the new(est) firmware version and then I update using the comprehensive post you made; here

I found my firmware version; it's 17.0.1.

Last edited by Vans1,
Reactions: Blythe93

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sparking zero is looking pretty good but not $70 good
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    okay
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    isn't sparking zero supposed to be accurate to their canon power too?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    meaning unlike dbfz a weaker character like nappa wouldn't stand a chance against someone stronger like broly
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    aaalllright then, i guess i should hit the hay
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People are complaining about flying in it I'm like wut that's half of what it is
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Surprise surprise, @HiradeGirl is back today
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright @SylverReZ you win, lets go double or nothing.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    good morning
    +2
  • O @ Olqase93:
    Hi, I need help whit my r4 r4itt new please
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    🛌 Shhhhhhh
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    homebrew your DSi and forgo the flashcard with NDS bootstrap or something along those lines
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    it allows utilisation of the SD card for ROM storage
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Get a 3DS and do the same 🥰
    Nah. Just get a 3rd [3000 series] gen PSP.
    +2
    I like PSP on my Pi lol
    Gameboy Advanced SP emulator or GASP for short lol
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Finally got an appointment with an ENT, but it's not for another month. It's already been 4- days of loud ringing in my left ear, substantial pain on left side of my neck and left side on the back of my head. Doctors here at the regular clinic put me on a couple different meds for a month that did absolutely nothing, then they told me there's nothing more they can do for me despite being in pain and my ear sounding like im underwater and ringing.
    Then three chiropractor appointments which also didn't help at all so i didn't go to the 4th. Been trying to get ahold of this ENT clinic out of town for a week and finally got an appointment set up. But its not til the 17th of July so I have to suffer all this shit for nearly another month.
    I hope relief from all of this is on the way because I've felt so defeated and severaly lacking in sleep because of the pain and ringing.
    :sad::sad::sad: for RCS
    @RedColoredStars, Vegas nerve compression?
    Sometimes caused by spinal fluid buildup in that area
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Sometimes caused by spinal fluid buildup in that area