Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Tinkerbell

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Any help would be welcome.
I have just updated my switch emunand from 16.0.1 to 17.0 but the cheats are now not working, I get a dump screen and have to power off. I am not sure if the overlay needs updating or if I need to download anything new to do with edizon for this version. Or maybe edizon doesn't work with 17.0. If I need to download updated versions of this for 17.0 please let me know where as I can't find these anywhere.
If it turns out it doesn't work with 17.0 then I will have to go back to 16.0.1 - some game cheats I can't do without!!

eduall

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Any help would be welcome.
I have just updated my switch emunand from 16.0.1 to 17.0 but the cheats are now not working, I get a dump screen and have to power off. I am not sure if the overlay needs updating or if I need to download anything new to do with edizon for this version. Or maybe edizon doesn't work with 17.0. If I need to download updated versions of this for 17.0 please let me know where as I can't find these anywhere.
If it turns out it doesn't work with 17.0 then I will have to go back to 16.0.1 - some game cheats I can't do without!!
i have 17 with edizon and tesla over and it works without problem.
Post automatically merged:

search for the updated files, and the fix for overlay tesla

update sigpatches too

Reactions: Tinkerbell

b1ackcoffee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I recently got my OLED modded. The guy did the software setup as well. I installed a game from Tinfoil and not the update for it. Now in the home menu, OS asked me to update the game when I tried to open it (like the OFW does). My question is, if the host file is working and ninty servers are blocked, how does the system know that the update is available? eshop and news did not load at the time as intended.

Later, after doing my own research on reentry guides, I added exosphere.ini. But before that, I am afraid I clicked on update accidentally once. Although nothing happened at the time, I am not sure if I will be banned in the upcoming weeks.

NovaXoXO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have a dual boot of L4T and Atmosphere on the same SD card.
I haven't used Ubuntu in about a year so now I want to remove that partition and just reclaim that space for atmosphere.

What's the best way to go about this without losing my atmosphere configuration. I've seen forums of people saying "backup your emunand" but the last time I did this by just copying my emunand folder to my PC, I couldn't get it to boot back into my after configuration once I restored the emunand folder to my SD card. I was instead getting this message :

Unknown pkg1 version
HOS Version not supported!
or emuMMC corrupt!

Trying backup bootloader...

Found pkg1 ('').
Unknown pkg1 version
or emuMMC corrupt!

Failed to launch HOS

Press any key..

which i ended up just starting fresh and reinstalling my 400+gb on installs and losing my saves.

what's the best way to go about repartitioning without losing data. is there a specific button in Hekkate I need to use?

b1ackcoffee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have a dual boot of L4T and Atmosphere on the same SD card.
I haven't used Ubuntu in about a year so now I want to remove that partition and just reclaim that space for atmosphere.

What's the best way to go about this without losing my atmosphere configuration. I've seen forums of people saying "backup your emunand" but the last time I did this by just copying my emunand folder to my PC, I couldn't get it to boot back into my after configuration once I restored the emunand folder to my SD card. I was instead getting this message :

Unknown pkg1 version
or emuMMC corrupt!

Trying backup bootloader...

Found pkg1 ('').
Unknown pkg1 version
or emuMMC corrupt!

Failed to launch HOS

Press any key..

which i ended up just starting fresh and reinstalling my 400+gb on installs and losing my saves.

what's the best way to go about repartitioning without losing data. is there a specific button in Hekkate I need to use?
I dealt with this error yesterday. All I did to correct it was to reinstall/copy the latest hekate files with the hekate_ipl.ini config file.

rave420

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Question: I have an unpatched switch with ofw 9.1.0 and an emuMMC at fw 17. My game card reader firmware is not up to date and this is causing issues when booting emuMMC via hekate (the reader doesn't work). However when booting via fusee everything works fine including the reader.

I don't care about downgrading anymore and I just want to update the game card reader to be able to read cards when booting into FW 17 via hekate. What do I need to do to update the card readers firmware? Do I just disable the nogc option and it will automatically do its thing, or is there more to it?

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's possible to dump a game's update from an xci file ?
I have a legit Celeste cartridge and it came with 1.4.1.1 update.
I would like to dump that update as nsp, but dbi doesn't let me as it's from the cartridge.

Attachments

• 2024010703505000-DB1426D1DFD034027CECDE9C2DD914B8.jpg
    2024010703505000-DB1426D1DFD034027CECDE9C2DD914B8.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 14

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question: I have an unpatched switch with ofw 9.1.0 and an emuMMC at fw 17. My game card reader firmware is not up to date and this is causing issues when booting emuMMC via hekate (the reader doesn't work). However when booting via fusee everything works fine including the reader.

I don't care about downgrading anymore and I just want to update the game card reader to be able to read cards when booting into FW 17 via hekate. What do I need to do to update the card readers firmware? Do I just disable the nogc option and it will automatically do its thing, or is there more to it?
Disable nogc via Hekate.

HuggingFace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bought a modded OLED but am somewhat clueless on how to use it besides holding R while selecting a game. But they still seem to fail launching from Tinfoil. Is there a QuickStart guide somewhere?

I downloaded another game that says "Firmware 17.0.1 and master key 16.0 are required." but I don't know where to find this master key app or what it accomplishes

Big thanks for the noob thread

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bought a modded OLED but am somewhat clueless on how to use it besides holding R while selecting a game. But they still seem to fail launching from Tinfoil. Is there a QuickStart guide somewhere?

I downloaded another game that says "Firmware 17.0.1 and master key 16.0 are required." but I don't know where to find this master key app or what it accomplishes

Big thanks for the noob thread
Here's a start https://rentry.co/SwitchHackingIsEasy

Reactions: Hayato213

Switchoslav

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Question about first time hacking Switch.. so I have a Switch that was never hacked before and I plan to follow this guide to hack it: https://rentry.org/EristaEmuNAND but this guide does not say anything about updating the FW of the console so I'm not sure if I should update the FW of the console to the latest before hacking it or? Because I know that I won't be able to run some games with the current FW since they require higher FW.

Edit: should I just follow this: https://rentry.org/UpgradeDowngrade after I finish hacking my Switch?

Last edited by Switchoslav,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question about first time hacking Switch.. so I have a Switch that was never hacked before and I plan to follow this guide to hack it: https://rentry.org/EristaEmuNAND but this guide does not say anything about updating the FW of the console so I'm not sure if I should update the FW of the console to the latest before hacking it or? Because I know that I won't be able to run some games with the current FW since they require higher FW.

Edit: should I just follow this: https://rentry.org/UpgradeDowngrade after I finish hacking my Switch?
The current firmware of the console is irrelevant to hacking because you can hack the console regardless of your firmware. This also means it doesn't matter if you update the firmware before or after you hack it; it comes down to a personal choice on when you want to update. If I may make a recommendation though, I'd advise you to update the firmware after hacking because you can update the firmware without burning fuses which is objectively better than updating regularly. Also, I wouldn't follow that guide if I were you. Instead, I recommend you use this tutorial for hacking your Switch.

Reactions: Blythe93

Switchoslav

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
The current firmware of the console is irrelevant to hacking because you can hack the console regardless of your firmware. This also means it doesn't matter if you update the firmware before or after you hack it; it comes down to a personal choice on when you want to update. If I may make a recommendation though, I'd advise you to update the firmware after hacking because you can update the firmware without burning fuses which is objectively better than updating regularly. Also, I wouldn't follow that guide if I were you. Instead, I recommend you use this tutorial for hacking your Switch.

Thanks, can you please just tell me why don't you recommend the tutorial that I linked?

raulcomash

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
hello Im new on this, I bought a OLED version, that comes with the chip included, everything runs ok, but I download Zelda TOTK and always crash, not sure why, the STOCK version have 17.0.1 the ATMOS have 16.0.3 and latest hekate and ATMOS, should I install the newest version 17.0.1 on ATMOS? I see poeple talong about sigpatches, should i Installed new ones?

hello Im new on this, I bought a OLED version, that comes with the chip included, everything runs ok, but I download Zelda TOTK and always crash, not sure why, the STOCK version have 17.0.1 the ATMOS have 16.0.3 and latest hekate and ATMOS, should I install the newest version 17.0.1 on ATMOS? I see poeple talong about sigpatches, should i Installed new ones?

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Thanks, can you please just tell me why don't you recommend the tutorial that I linked?
To me, Rentry Switch hacking guide is pretty straightforward most of the time - do this, do that and that's it. It kinda lacks explanation in certain parts, but it does have some info that other guides do not. Switch Homebrew Guide is a bit more detailed and explanations are a bit clearer for a newcomer to the Switch hacking scene.
That's how I personally update firmware on my Switch except for the fact that I do not remove my contents folder located in the atmosphere folder. I've never had issues with it so far so I'm not sure what may be the reason behind it. For me, there are couple of things to check before updating:
  1. Firmware files are downloaded from a trusted source. - I like keeping my original firmware on the lowest possible version, therefore I get my firmware files from somewhere else. As far as I know, we are not allowed to link to those sources here on forums, but a quick Google search should do the trick.
  2. Firmware I'm updating to is supported by the latest Atmosphere, Hekate and sigpatches.
  3. Revert to the original theme in case I have a custom one.
After that, I copy the firmware files to my SD card and install them via Daybreak.
should I install the newest version 17.0.1 on ATMOS?
It runs just fine for me on firmware 17.0.1 on Atmosphere 1.6.2, both of which are currently latest.
From what I can see, though, The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom's latest patch require firmware 16.0.3 so it should work on your Switch.
I see poeple talong about sigpatches, should i Installed new ones?
Always make sure that you have the latest sigpatches and/or sys-patch module (which requires Tesla + nx-ovlloader) because these are required for games to work. Currently, both of them are compatible with the latest firmware and Atmosphere versions.

If that doesn't work, verify that the files you've downloaded came from a trusted source and are complete (not corrupter or incomplete) and reinstall the game using either the latest DBI (I personally recommend this one, here's a video on how to use it) or TinWoo installer.

If that doesn't help either, you can try entering into the maintenance mode on your emuMMC/sysMMC, wherever you're running your Atmosphere on in order to clear the cache and/or any pending updates. Do the following:

1. Make sure that your Internet connection is disabled if you're connected right now and remove any saved connections as well (unless you have DNS MITM in place).
  2. Turn off your console (when in home menu, hold the power button for a few seconds and select power off).
  3. Right before you send your fusse.bin payload, hold volume + and volume - at the same time. Keep holding until you get into maintenance mode (you'll see Atmosphere bootlogo first, Switch logo after that one). After a while your Switch should enter into the maintenance mode. At this point any pending updates and cache is cleared, you don't need to press and/or select anything.
  4. Press the power button once again. It'll shut down the console.
  5. Boot into CFW the way you usually do and make sure to activate flight mode. (Connecting to the Internet is safe only if you have DNS MITM in place.)
Test if your game's working after that.

In case nothing fixed your game so far, check this thread for more troubleshooting info.

Last edited by Blythe93,
Reactions: raulcomash

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heyyyo!! Switchie newbier here. can i exchange a emunand save file of a game with a sysnand original game? its ban dangerous?
That would require CFW and homebrew which always risk a ban. You'll have to decide which is more valuable to you: your save data or online access.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual +1