Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Plermpel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hi,
Just update my CFW to 16.0.0, I think I made a mistake and forgot to backup something there, now all my games are unused tickets, console shows they are not downloaded, is there any way to reinitialise the games or do I really need to reinstall 500Gig?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
Just update my CFW to 16.0.0, I think I made a mistake and forgot to backup something there, now all my games are unused tickets, console shows they are not downloaded, is there any way to reinitialise the games or do I really need to reinstall 500Gig?
You don't need to backup anything when you update. You just have to make sure you update everything when you update. It sounds like you didn't update your patches which make sense as these needed to updated whenever your firmware or CFW change. You can download the latest patches from here

Reactions: Plermpel

Plermpel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
You don't need to backup anything when you update. You just have to make sure you update everything when you update. It sounds like you didn't update your patches which make sense as these needed to updated whenever your firmware or CFW change. You can download the latest patches from here
Did use those sigpatches, still goldleaf shows all games unused tickets and the OS tells me they are not downloaded.
Post automatically merged:

I have another quick question, is it possible to friend someone for local multiplayer with custom firmware?
I just dumped his minecraft cartridge, pulled his update and we want to play together, but the console says I have to go online once to be friends which I obviously can't.

Last edited by Plermpel,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im very confident with my soldering . back in the ps2/xbox era this is what i was doing for living. These days im living in UK and doing a lot of soldering for company im working for and manufacturing microchips for them and as a hobby at home fixing random stuff for friends and for fun. There are no issues with the console i was just wondering if after training that flexi cable is still required because the chip itself is still connected to the main pcb and i was thinking like maybe if the chip is trained this is not needed anymore. Just a noob question from my side because im just starting with switch. All the time was playstation and xbox. My last job on nintendo was soldering a modchip to WII so im looking for answers at the moment regarding switch. My first full training on mariko was 10s with the new v5 chip so no problems there. I didnt even notice it was doing anything :). My other question. Is it possible to check what firmware version is on the chip using pc or console . Im just curious what is installed there. I know its a spacecraft but how to find a version. Thank you for answering
Hey there…was just reading this unrelated tutorial and saw that in addition to what they were doing you could also check a modchips\’s firmware version! I wanted to come back and give you an update because I had previously said I didn’t know of a way (at the time.)

https://gbatemp.net/threads/resetting-hwfly-via-putty-if-stuck-on-training.626683/

TheJinKazama

Trophies
XP
Country
If all you ever do is boot Stock, its not an issue. But if you ever boot CFW or homebrew then proceed to go online even in Stock, you risk a ban. That is because the Switch is a telemetry monster that records everything that happens while the OS is running so the actions you perform in CFW will persist when you reboot back into Stock.
I know I didn’t ask the question originally but want to ask for some clarification. As far as I knew, you could safely play online on Stock and play backup games on emuMMC. Are you saying this is not the case?

Edit: I have no Wi-Fi data stored on emuMMC.

Last edited by TheJinKazama,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
atmosphere for firmware 16, how much longer until its out of beta or should I just update to the beta one?
What is driving you to upgrade? The update has no games that require it as of this writing and the features it provides do nothing for the end user.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Starting off fresh, new sd card . everything it factory reset.

just dont want to be out of date right out of the gate
You won’t be out of date for quite some time. We’ll probably see 6.0.1 before it’s mandatory. There are a small handful of homebrew apps/sysmods that are still problematic and a couple folks stuck with yellow screens. Other than that though, there are a lot of folks using the beta. No official word on the eta for the final release but you can check for updates here: https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/issues/2036

0xlambda1

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So not sure if this is the place to ask but I'm a software developer and I was wondering if anyone more familiar with the switch could inform me if my idea would be possible to make. Basically I want to write my own software on the switch that would allow me to select the region of the game I'm playing on the fly. The reason for this is that a lot of games unfortunately don't have language options in the menu screen instead it's determined by your system settings I wonder if there's a way to basically fake the region and language settings per game bases instead of needing to restart the whole system. I know that with CFW installed you can hold R while launching a game to run an arbitrary code but wasn't sure if could be used for that. I'm way out of my depth with this stuff if someone more experienced could help that would really be appreciated bonus points if this already exists somewhere.

druhanov

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hey, i bought a modded switch oled. It worked perfect. So i decided to change SD Cards to a bigger one. I reset everything and now the switch won't turn on. the chip is blinking white and violet. When i turned it off, the device was in the hekate menu. Any suggestions what i should do?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone,

Thanks for your contributions. Really enjoy reading some of the Q&As in this forum. I have a quick question today. I'm presently using the host file entries from Rentry (towards bottom of the site). However I noticed that the host file used by NH Switch Guide is slightly different - declaring all the domain extensions. In my host file, the wildcard is used for the domain extension as well, resulting in just 5 total entries. Would this achieve the same result and safe to use - or do i need to declare all of the extensions?

My emummc.txt host file:

# Block Nintendo Servers
127.0.0.1 *nintendo.*
127.0.0.1 *nintendo-europe.*
127.0.0.1 *nintendoswitch.*
95.216.149.205 *conntest.nintendowifi.*
95.216.149.205 *ctest.cdn.nintendo.*

Thanks!
Wildcards achieve the same result.

So I was moving to a new SD card but while I was moving the root of my old SD card to the new one I remembered I didn't partition the new SD card so I stopped it and went to delete it. After like 15-20 seconds I realized I was deleting my old card. I don't know what's missing, I'm sad and angry at myself, I don't know what to do. I tried moving what was backed up in a couple of minutes back, when I tried to launch Hekate, Nyx was missing, I basically updated Hekate, but more things are gone, one of them being Hekate ipl in so I can't even boot emummc. How would you approach this problem?

If you can still see the /emummc directory you might be a little OK, or maybe not.

Either way the approach is the same, install over the top, the same versions of:

Atmosphere - https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/releases
Hekate - https://github.com/CTCaer/hekate/releases
Sigpatches - https://gbatemp.net/threads/sigpatches-for-atmosphere-hekate-fss0-fusee-package3.571543/
Block Ninty - https://rentry.org/ExosphereDNSMITM

Here is a guide to follow if you need one:

https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy

So not sure if this is the place to ask but I'm a software developer and I was wondering if anyone more familiar with the switch could inform me if my idea would be possible to make. Basically I want to write my own software on the switch that would allow me to select the region of the game I'm playing on the fly. The reason for this is that a lot of games unfortunately don't have language options in the menu screen instead it's determined by your system settings I wonder if there's a way to basically fake the region and language settings per game bases instead of needing to restart the whole system. I know that with CFW installed you can hold R while launching a game to run an arbitrary code but wasn't sure if could be used for that. I'm way out of my depth with this stuff if someone more experienced could help that would really be appreciated bonus points if this already exists somewhere.

You are probably better of asking this on one of the active discord channels.

Reswitched: https://discord.gg/ZdqEhed

Last edited by binkinator,

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DBI allows that, if you launch the game through its interface.

Edit: Actually, I just tried it, and you don't even have to launch the game with DBI, although you can. You just need to force the language with DBI, then exit. From then on, the game will launch in the desired language.

Last edited by Dust2dust,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did use those sigpatches, still goldleaf shows all games unused tickets and the OS tells me they are not downloaded.

I have another quick question, is it possible to friend someone for local multiplayer with custom firmware?
I just dumped his minecraft cartridge, pulled his update and we want to play together, but the console says I have to go online once to be friends which I obviously can't.
Goldleaf might have botched the install which wouldn't surprise me. It is after all the worst title installer. I recommend switching to a better one such as TinWoo Installer. Its what I personally use and I never have any issues while using it. As for your other question, there appears to be no way to add friends without going online. If this is on emuMMC, what you can do is become friends on sysMMC then create emuMMC again which will carry over the friend data allowing you two to play locally together.
I know I didn’t ask the question originally but want to ask for some clarification. As far as I knew, you could safely play online on Stock and play backup games on emuMMC. Are you saying this is not the case?

Edit: I have no Wi-Fi data stored on emuMMC.
sysMMC and emuMMC have no effect on each other. The original question was in reference to launching CFW then launching Stock which can lead to a ban.
I keep getting a yellow screen when launching cfw
Some more details would be useful like firmware, CFW version, unpatched or patched Switch, when this started happening. We're not mind readers here.

Reactions: TheJinKazama

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cant seem to find a step by step on where and how to start from installing firmware to downloading games all I have is rcm loader and mirco sd card

Appreciate all the help thanks
Straight to the hard stuff, eh? Here’s a decent guide to get you familiar with the terms and software.

https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy

You’ll have to go elsewhere for the games though. :-)

Reactions: 0xlambda1

Palaxiiusq

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello!

I have a Switch V2 model modded with a modchip.

Today while I was playing in my OFW, I made a stupid mistake by not reading what popped up in my screen and accidentally updated my Switch to the latest version available, which is 16.0.0. After that, I couldn't boot up into my CFW anymore, so I went and updated Atmosphere and Hekate and voilà it was working fine, but the OFW was still showing a blue screen. I then went and downloaded the 16.0.0 files from darthsternie and installed it via Daybreak, but after it was finished and asked for a reboot/shutdown, I rebooted the console and now I'm getting a blue screen there as well. Both my CFW and OFW are now showing blue screens :(

Tried updating again Atmosphere, Hekate, Sigpatches and fusee.bin, deleted my atmosphere/contents folder as well, but everything I do results in the same bluescreen. My only access in the Switch is the Hekate menu.

What can I do now? Should I just wait for the official release of Atmosphere, or there's a way for me to downgrade the CFW and be able to play games? Also, is there a way to fix the OFW bluescreen...?

Thanks in advance!

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello!

I have a Switch V2 model modded with a modchip.

Today while I was playing in my OFW, I made a stupid mistake by not reading what popped up in my screen and accidentally updated my Switch to the latest version available, which is 16.0.0. After that, I couldn't boot up into my CFW anymore, so I went and updated Atmosphere and Hekate and voilà it was working fine, but the OFW was still showing a blue screen. I then went and downloaded the 16.0.0 files from darthsternie and installed it via Daybreak, but after it was finished and asked for a reboot/shutdown, I rebooted the console and now I'm getting a blue screen there as well. Both my CFW and OFW are now showing blue screens :(

Tried updating again Atmosphere, Hekate, Sigpatches and fusee.bin, deleted my atmosphere/contents folder as well, but everything I do results in the same bluescreen. My only access in the Switch is the Hekate menu.

What can I do now? Should I just wait for the official release of Atmosphere, or there's a way for me to downgrade the CFW and be able to play games? Also, is there a way to fix the OFW bluescreen...?

Thanks in advance!

Did you go through all the easy stuff already?

https://www.ifixit.com/Wiki/Nintendo_Switch_Blue_Screen_of_Death

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol +1