Country
United States
Hi I have an animal crossing problem

Downloaded tinfoil from the shop

and get an error when trying to load
Black screen with Nintendo logo for a few seconds then an errror

Is there a fix ?

I am also on 14.1.1 is it worth upgrading ? Is there sigpatches
I would highly recommend switching to another installer such as TinWoo Installer. Its what I personally use and I never have any issues while using it. Once you do that, try downloading it from another source. Its possible the source you got it from was bad.

Reactions: impeeza

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you install savegames for games that have never been ran before on that NAND without being banned (as far as we know)?
For example I'd like to transfer my pokemon legends arceus save to my online NAND without any unofficial games and transfer to pokemon home, but i've never installed or ran the game before on that NAND.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Can you install savegames for games that have never been ran before on that NAND without being banned (as far as we know)?
For example I'd like to transfer my pokemon legends arceus save to my online NAND without any unofficial games and transfer to pokemon home, but i've never installed or ran the game before on that NAND.
Yes read the guides and the JKSV readme. Search for JKSV here

Reactions: binkinator

Galvanize

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
I upgraded my SD card with CFW from 128GB to 256GB yesterday, now some games I had previously installed on the 128GB don't show.
Doesn't matter if the original of the games is physical or digital, the games either show that they need to be downloaded(INCLUDING physical dumps), the ones that don't show that they need downloading demand they get updated.
The one game I tried to solve myself (FFXII) can attempt to launch, but it returns an "Unable to start software. Return to the HOME Menu and try again.

Attempting to reinstall the game again through goldleaf gives an error code 2005-0004. Keep in mind games that weren't previously installed before copying can install fine.
I used Tinfoil to delete the games and install it again from my NSP, it can delete it and the tickets but the installation fails and says something about temporary tickets failing.

Here's a chronological breakdown of what I did

Formatted/partitioned the larger SD card.
dd'd the emuMMC partition from the small SD card to the large one after partitioning(It failed).
Backed up the emuMMC of the smaller SD card(after temporarily moving the contents folder to make space for the backup) using Hekate.
I think I did partition fix option thing in hekate somewhere.
Restored backup of emuMMC on the larger card and copied all the files back into it.
Tried to launch FFXII, saw it saying it needed to redownload the game.
Copied my NSP to the SD card and tried to install with Goldleaf. It gave me unknown error 2005-0004.
Game installation showed on Tinfoil so I deleted it with the tickets on Tinfoil.
Installed the game again using Tinfoil. It had an issue with the tickets.
Game now shows up in the home menu as installed but it errors out/crashed when launched.
Deleting the game from the home menu then restarting shows the icon again.

I still have the previous SD card data intact(just with the contents folder on an external drive) and the backup if there's a better way to go around it.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I upgraded my SD card with CFW from 128GB to 256GB yesterday, now some games I had previously installed on the 128GB don't show.
Doesn't matter if the original of the games is physical or digital, the games either show that they need to be downloaded(INCLUDING physical dumps), the ones that don't show that they need downloading demand they get updated.
The one game I tried to solve myself (FFXII) can attempt to launch, but it returns an "Unable to start software. Return to the HOME Menu and try again.

Attempting to reinstall the game again through goldleaf gives an error code 2005-0004. Keep in mind games that weren't previously installed before copying can install fine.
I used Tinfoil to delete the games and install it again from my NSP, it can delete it and the tickets but the installation fails and says something about temporary tickets failing.

Here's a chronological breakdown of what I did

Formatted/partitioned the larger SD card.
dd'd the emuMMC partition from the small SD card to the large one after partitioning(It failed).
Backed up the emuMMC of the smaller SD card(after temporarily moving the contents folder to make space for the backup) using Hekate.
I think I did partition fix option thing in hekate somewhere.
Restored backup of emuMMC on the larger card and copied all the files back into it.
Tried to launch FFXII, saw it saying it needed to redownload the game.
Copied my NSP to the SD card and tried to install with Goldleaf. It gave me unknown error 2005-0004.
Game installation showed on Tinfoil so I deleted it with the tickets on Tinfoil.
Installed the game again using Tinfoil. It had an issue with the tickets.
Game now shows up in the home menu as installed but it errors out/crashed when launched.
Deleting the game from the home menu then restarting shows the icon again.

I still have the previous SD card data intact(just with the contents folder on an external drive) and the backup if there's a better way to go around it.
Are you sure you used Hekate to Migrate Emummc after your SDCard upgrade? Says you think you did. Go back and make double sure.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Backed up emuMMC in Hekate(Boot 1+2, Raw GPP).
Restored emuMMC also in Hekate.
If there was a Migrate option I might've missed it.
That’s the correct way. Hekate should take care of placement and rewriting of the /emummc/emummc.ini file. Double check to make sure everything looks kosher in that file, just in case.
Post automatically merged:

E: please post the contents of the ini file on both cards as well as a screenshot of the /emummc directory.

Last edited by binkinator,

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
if y
as far as I know they are up to date, and everytime I "find" a solution, it works once but if I go out it doesn't boot again.

edit:
So if I used hekate_ipl.ini;

[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=3
backlight=100
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
updater2p=0
bootprotect=0

[Atmosphere CFW]
payload=bootloader/payloads/fusee.bin
icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp

[Stock SysNAND]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
stock=1
emummc_force_disable=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_switch.bmp

it will work once and never again and then if I change it to:

[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=0
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
updater2p=1
backlight=100

[CFW - sysMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
atmosphere=1
emummc_force_disable=1

[CFW - emuMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummcforce=1
atmosphere=1

[Stock - sysMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
emummc_force_disable=1
stock=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_switch.bmp

it will work again but only once again, so it seems that I need to change this file every time I boot it.

Any ideas?
if you start on "Stock - SYSNAND" or "Stock - SysMMC", what happen?

Galvanize

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
That’s the correct way. Hekate should take care of placement and rewriting of the /emummc/emummc.ini file. Double check to make sure everything looks kosher in that file, just in case.

E: please post the contents of the ini file on both cards as well as a screenshot of the /emummc directory.

There are 2 emummc.ini files, one of which is emummc_copy.ini in both

For the old one.
(Copy)

(Tree)

New one.
(Copy)

(Tree)

I don't know how format this so that it wouldn't take more space than it should, so I used pastebin.
Tree's output wouldn't fully in the pastebin so I just put in the first few directories.
The first one is actually the backup I made of the old SD, because I had to remove a large amount of space(including the emuMMC folder) to actually be able to backup the emuMMC partition.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are 2 emummc.ini files, one of which is emummc_copy.ini in both

For the old one.
(Copy)

(Tree)

New one.
(Copy)

(Tree)

I don't know how format this so that it wouldn't take more space than it should, so I used pastebin.
Tree's output wouldn't fully in the pastebin so I just put in the first few directories.
The first one is actually the backup I made of the old SD, because I had to remove a large amount of space(including the emuMMC folder) to actually be able to backup the emuMMC partition.

You can use QUOTES, SPOILERS and CODE show your data right here on the forum.

96B316D2-1146-494F-8AFB-284F5C50B0FA.jpeg

It looks like

Contains this on both cards:
[emummc]
enabled=1
sector=0xb3e0000
path=emuMMC/RAW1
id=0x31574152
nintendo_path=emuMMC/RAW1/Nintendo

Your target card looks like this

[emummc]
enabled=1
sector=0x19678000
path=emuMMC/RAW1
id=0x31574152
nintendo_path=emuMMC/RAW1/Nintendo
The sector is different, which is what I would expect on the new card.

This part is curious:

Code:
F:\SWITHROOT\EMUMMC

|   backupdump.txt

|   emummc (copy).ini

|   emummc.ini

| 

\---RAW1

|   raw_based

|   raw_based (copy)

| 

\---Nintendo

+---Album

+---Contents

|   |   private

|   |   private1

|   | 

|   +---placehld

|   \---registered

|                 

+---Nintendo

|   \---Contents

|           private

|           private1

|         

\---save

Code:
E:\EMUMMC

|   emummc.ini

|   emummc (copy).ini

|   newdump.txt

| 

\---RAW1

|   raw_based

|   raw_based (copy)

| 

\---Nintendo

+---Album

+---Contents

|   |   private

|   |   private1

|   | 

|   +---placehld

|   |   +---000000AA

|   |   +---0000008E

|   |   +---000000C1

|   |   \---000000E5

|   \---registered

|       +---00000006

|                 

+---save

|     

\---Nintendo

\---Contents

private

private1

this should be an exact match and it’s not.

Let’s try this:

1. On your target card, temporarily move(rename) the /emummc folder to /emummc.bk
  2. Copy the /emummc folder from your good card directly to your new card
  3. Boot into Hekate
  4. Go to emuMMC tile on the right
  5. You should see that your emuMMc Info and Selection section says DISABLED.
  6. 1671918600018.jpeg
  7. Click Migrate emuMMC button on the bottom right.
  8. Select the FIX RAW button
  9. 1671918843629.jpeg
  10. Reboot

I was curious about downloading and installing themes on my switch, so I installed the .nra file of the Themezer app from the Github Repo. Launching it from Tinfoil leads me to the hbmenu app (which I hadn’t previously installed), and the OS crashes whenever I open something. The menu inside is the same as the album menu, but it’s automatically in Title Takeover mode.
When atmosphere breaks, it gives me the code 2347-0003. I understand this code is typically found in cases where there are either multiple .nra files in the SD card root, or none at all. I only have the hbmenu .nra in my root, and my Themezer app is in another folder in my root.
When launching the Themezer .nra file from Goldleaf, it either
  • Allows me to enter and use it freely, OR
  • Spits out the error code 6.
Is there an easier or more reliable way to launch the app? I really enjoy using it, and am frustrated by this technicality.

Thank you in advance,
John D.

Assuming you are talking about the .nro (which needs to be placed in the /switch directory on your SDCard rather than running it with an NSP or XCI installer such as Tinfoil ot Goldleaf.)

You would kick these off using Home Brew Menu app using title override or by clicking album.

A short guide on how to get started with Themezer:

1. Download the NXThemesInstaller and (optionally) the Themezer homebrew app from the HB Appstore or manually, and copy them to your MicorSD's switch folder.
  2. Launch the NXThemes Installer Homebrew app at least once and follow the steps.
  3. You're now ready to browse themes directly on your Switch using the Themezer-NX homebrew app or by downloading nxthemes and copying them to the themes folder on your MicroSD!
E: here’s the HB AppStore app. https://github.com/fortheusers/hb-appstore

Last edited by binkinator,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Happy Holidays everyone! Lurking for ages... I have have been into modding for a while: flash carts for GBA/NDS, some hard mods (Afterburner), Wii, WiiU, NDS, 3DS, and now Switch. I have/had a fully working emuMMC with patches.

I only intended to boot manually to Hekate via RCM when needed and use the same SD card when I run OFW.

I had this working without any issues until this morning. When I booted, I see the splash screen and then it goes blank. I pulled the SD card and checked a few core files like the payload, hekate_ipl.ini, and update.bin and file checksum is fine. This is a FAT32 formatted file based emuMMC.

So it's clearly a bootloader issue. Then I removed patches.ini and removed kip1patch=nosigchk from hekate_ipl.ini in /bootloader. I could boot into Hekate, no issues. Then I added those two back and it boots up, no problem. I launch emuMMC, no issues.

THEN, I boot OFW once, and try RCM to Hekate and BAM, black screen again. It's as if something is happening on the OFW side to muck with the patches.ini/Hekate emuMMC side. Everything I have read would indicate it's safe and normal to use the same SD card between OFW and emuMMC.

Is this a known issue? This is hekate v5.9.0 & Nyx v1.4.0. I do see there is a new version, but wanted to see if others had similar issues with patches.ini and getting into Hekate normally. I am using: "CURRENT BETA SIGPATCHES UPDATED FOR FW 15.0.1 AND ATMOSPHERE v1.4.0" from this forum. The switch is v1 with no hardmods, only using RCM dongle.

Happy Holidays!

Please post your hekate_ipl.ini.

Did you do a recent upgrade or anything?

Walk through this guide to see if you missed anything: https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy
(Make sure you grabbed the new fusee.bin.)

• Love

Bunklung

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Happy Holidays!

Please post your hekate_ipl.ini.

Did you do a recent upgrade or anything?

Walk through this guide to see if you missed anything:
(Make sure you grabbed the new fusee.bin.)
Code:
[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
autohosoff=1
autonogc=1
backlight=100
bootwait=3
updater2p=0

[CFW - emuMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummcforce=1
atmosphere=1

MD5 of fusee.bin in bootloader/payload is e2dec8dd2de5344cc81cbfb10eca9f61.

Mind you, everything works fine until I run OFW AND then when I jump from RCM -> Hekate splash I get black screen. It's as if OFW is playing dirty with patches.ini.

Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Code:
[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
autohosoff=1
autonogc=1
backlight=100
bootwait=3
updater2p=0

[CFW - emuMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummcforce=1
atmosphere=1

MD5 of fusee.bin in bootloader/payload is e2dec8dd2de5344cc81cbfb10eca9f61.

Mind you, everything works fine until I run OFW AND then when I jump from RCM -> Hekate splash I get black screen. It's as if OFW is playing dirty with patches.ini.

It might be a sys-module. Temporarily rename/move /atmosphere/contents to /atmosphere/contents.bk and reboot to confirm/deny.

If that doesn’t work, let’s try fusee.bin…

Add this stanza and reboot, choosing fusee this time, and see if it works better:

Code:
[CFW - emuMMC - fusee]
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummcforce=1
atmosphere=1

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Merry Christmas Guys !!!

Quick question how do I go about into making my own HBG Shop. What I mainly want to do is upload my files on Google Drive and only share it exclusively with my friends. Is there an easy way to do it?

I tried looking online but the discord is down

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Merry Christmas Guys !!!

Quick question how do I go about into making my own HBG Shop. What I mainly want to do is upload my files on Google Drive and only share it exclusively with my friends. Is there an easy way to do it?

I tried looking online but the discord is down
Merry Christmas!

if it’s just for your own use, check out this thread. Be sure to protect your server if you are planning to export it online….these have no built in protection.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-can-i-make-my-own-tinfoil-shop.614723/#post-9868703

searchint for tinfoil host http server site:reddit.com this is a good path to take for hosting your own tinfoil service, including authentication and Gdrives, etc, etc.

be careful…

Reactions: Goku1992A

Bunklung

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It might be a sys-module. Temporarily rename/move /atmosphere/contents to /atmosphere/contents.bk and reboot to confirm/deny.

If that doesn’t work, let’s try fusee.bin…

Add this stanza and reboot, choosing fusee this time, and see if it works better:

Code:
[CFW - emuMMC - fusee]
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummcforce=1
atmosphere=1
Quick question. These settings are for the launcher in Hekate. I can't even get that far. I just trying to get into Hekate, not atmosphere. This part always works.

I tried to boot to Hekate from RCM after a OFW shutdown and I had no issues. This is all very strange to me and inconsistent. It's certainly a bootloader issue as it relates to Hekate and patches.ini. I will try to upgrade to "hekate v6.0.1 & Nyx v1.5.1" and see if the inconsistencies with booting from RCM persists.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question. These settings are for the launcher in Hekate. I can't even get that far. I just trying to get into Hekate, not atmosphere. This part always works.

I tried to boot to Hekate from RCM after a OFW shutdown and I had no issues. This is all very strange to me and inconsistent. It's certainly a bootloader issue as it relates to Hekate and patches.ini. I will try to upgrade to "hekate v6.0.1 & Nyx v1.5.1" and see if the inconsistencies with booting from RCM persists.
Oh. I totally misunderstood.

Yeah, it’s pretty unusual to have Hekate not even start. Upgrading to 6.0.1 will likely fix it.

If not, you might want to check your SDCard for issues using h2testw.

Supermario92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got a new oled switch trying to see if I can install cfw? When I type in the serial number on https://damota.me/ssnc/checker/ I get warning it could or could not work. Is it worth to buy something like this to try and load payloads? If not what are my other options? My serial number is: XTJ10236026231

Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :tpi::rofl2::rofl2: