Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My sd card corrupted and I’m currently trying to retrieve data of some games if it’s even possible but I’m going to do the whole process over again. Do I actually have to do all the system nand backups again , because I still have those saves. I’m just wondering what is essential and what isn’t so I don’t waste time

If you are able to recover your /emummc directory then it will be worth it to keep your emunand…otherwise just backup your emunand :USER/saves data and start from scratch.

First things first make sure you format your SDCard to FAT32 w/ 32K block size (non-bootable) with something like Rufus to help prevent corruption in the future.

Follow a guide and it’s a pretty short operation. Not too many shortcuts to be had.

You don’t say much about your setup so just start reading at the top here:

https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy
Post automatically merged:

Ok quick question. I just finished using Recuva and it’s shows all of my files as unknown. How am I supposed to know which ones are game save data or emmumc
Post automatically merged:

These are all the highest size files on there. Could any of them be game data? :/ What is usually mp4. files?

MP4 files are typically movies. You are looking for an emummc directory for your installed games. If you can’t find it with a recovery tool there’s not much else to do here but backup your emunand game saves and then format and start from scratch.

Here’s a tut that explains how to backup your emunand (if it’s available);

https://gbatemp.net/threads/recovering-games-saves-from-nand-using-nxnandmanager-and-jksv.620758/

Last edited by binkinator,

Ghostplane64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On CFW, why does the current version display my last firmware instead of the switch's latest firmware? (15.0.1)
20221213_084836.jpg

Windsall

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's been multiple times now that when I try to launch my emummc from Hekate is freezes my switch and I have to manually power it off and re-inject. Could there be a reason for this?

It's inconsistent since it usually works the second time to go into emummc.
I did remove the entry to be able to launch sysmmc, so that I only have emummc and stock, but other than that it's normal.

I'm not sure what the problem is.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's been multiple times now that when I try to launch my emummc from Hekate is freezes my switch and I have to manually power it off and re-inject. Could there be a reason for this?

It's inconsistent since it usually works the second time to go into emummc.
I did remove the entry to be able to launch sysmmc, so that I only have emummc and stock, but other than that it's normal.

I'm not sure what the problem is.
Did you update your injector with latest Hekate.x.x.x.bin (or latest fusee.bin…if that’s your preference)

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you mean Atmosphere? I updated it to the latest version and updated the switch's OFW firmware via Nintendo's servers. I never touched the system update on CFW.
He's not talking about Atmosphere. He's referring to emuMMC. Do you see that E at the end? That means you are currently in emuMMC.

kd2020

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Recently, when I turn on my modded oled switch, it only boots straight to original stock firmware. I no longer see the hekate boot screen followed by atmosphere then into custom firmware. The light underneath from the hwfly chip turns from solid blue to light blue before going off doesn’t turn green. Will attach a video as well. Is anyone familiar with this issue that can assist? Thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_1337.MOV
    21.2 MB

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Recently, when I turn on my modded oled switch, it only boots straight to original stock firmware. I no longer see the hekate boot screen followed by atmosphere then into custom firmware. The light underneath from the hwfly chip turns from solid blue to light blue before going off doesn’t turn green. Will attach a video as well. Is anyone familiar with this issue that can assist? Thanks in advance

You know what version of the chip you have?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh cool that Bodycam games out
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ratings for it are calling it bad, but it looks cool. Damn 48/100 rating.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    looks are deceiving
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea people always down vote games anymore seems like, good or bad, bunch of haters
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, review bombing?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah seems like people hate on original ideas anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh were sorry our small dev team can't shit out a cod clone every 6 months
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly positive on steam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Eew, you use steam, I'm down voting you cause you not using or playing what I like.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yes and epic and gog, sleep with me
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gay
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Homophobic
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, whats wrong with steam?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nothing, I was just teasing
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He's a big tease trying to take my booty
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No, I don't wanna make ancientboi mad, I know you two already have a thing going
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He divorced me once I threatened him with the fbi
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2,
    he also fucked uremum despite being gay
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah so did you and I want back child support pay enjoy the lawsuits
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, im virgin
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: