Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to connect my Switch to my PC via USB to transfer screenshots/videos from my microSD card. For some reason, the PC does not recognize my Switch at all. I have installed the APX drivers, but nothing happens when I connect the cable. I have used this cable with another Switch, which connects just fine.
Try both the driver suggestions listed here:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-to-setting-up-dbi-installer-over-usb.591075/page-2#post-9780100
As a workaround, I have tried to use DBI FTP server to transfer over my network, but when running the server on my Switch and opening my browser to the address, I get this error:

Code:
<<< Host: 192.168.0.21:5000
>>> 502 Command not implemented.
Send failed: Broken pipe
Error getting peer address: Socket is not connected
Closing connection
Error shutting down connection: Connection reset by peer
<<< Connection: keep-alive
<<< Cache-Control: max-age=0
<<< Upgrade-Insecure-Requests: 1
<<< User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/107.0.0.0 Safari/537.36
<<< Accept: text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,image/avif,image/webp,image/apng,*/*;q=0.8,application/signed-exchange;v=b3;q=0.9
<<< Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate
<<< Accept-Language: en-US,en;q=0.9,ru;q-0.8
<<<
Accepted connection from 192.168.0.5:59236
>>> 220 Service ready for new user.
<<< GET / HTTP/1.1
>>> 502 Command not implemented.

Use something like WinSCP or FileZilla instead of your browser.

I like this FTP server…it can be always on:

Here’s an app that produces a link to pull gallery assets from your phone:

https://github.com/iUltimateLP/NXGallery
Post automatically merged:

First off, thank you very very much for the super detailed reply. I did go over the process again from scratch and have a few things to report.
1. I think my sysNAND is pretty buggered. I went into initialize console and found out my Nintendo account was tied to a user (probably from way back when I used to use this before applying CFW). It refused to connect to remove the user. I did some research and found that I have to detach using Linkalho, which I did and then promptly deleted my user account. With that done, I could finally update the system firmware using Daybreak/AIO.

2. Great, so now it boots up, SD card was cleaned and reformatted as FAT32, and just to make sure, I used a software called BlueHarvest, which scans through storage media and removes any of the .DS_Store and other needless duplication ._ hidden files. I confirmed the app works properly, as the duplicate files were all showing up on FBI on my 3DS, and in order to do a batch install of my CIAs, I ran the SD through the app and came back, and it removed all the needless duplicates.

3. Afterwards I followed the guide again from the start. The AutoRCM totally makes sense too! The guide I used in the past didn't tell me to turn it on, so I was essentially manually launching myself back into RCM each shutdown. Honestly, autoRCM is what I wanted in the past, so now that I know what it does, I'm definitely leaving it on. Oddly, the firmware keeps hopping back to 10.2.0 Atmosphere for some reason without any action. May be something again with the sysNAND? I dunno.

4. However, my final issue is persisting: actually installing games. After ensuring I had the newest sigpatches installed, I tried Awoo, TinAwoo, and Goldleaf with NS-USBLoader.jar on my Mac. Awoo and TinAwoo will get as far as listing the games I upload through NS-USBLoader, but crash to a black screen as soon as you start the actual install. No error messages, just goes to black and then reboots Atmosphere. Goldleaf also crashes, but it doesn't even get to the list of uploads, just crashes as soon as you select USB Install. When Goldleaf causes the crash, it does give an Atmosphere error screen with the following error info:

Error Code: 2168-0002 (0x4a8)
Program: 010000000000100D
Firmware: 15.0.1 (Atmosphere 1.4.0-master-36a33617a)

Are you launching Goldleaf while in hbmenu under Applet mode? Applet mode has big red letters at the top. You need to be in title override mode to give Goldleaf access to full memory.

Title Override What is title override and how to override its key combo

I feel like something is a deep-rooted issue on my Switch, like I need to add a missing step to cleanse all the way down to the sysNAND so that the emuNAND I keep cloning off of it for all these reinstalls isn't absorbing and carrying over the root problem. Sadly, I just don't know where to start with that, I tried booting into sysNAND and initializing there, but it didn't seem to solve the problem, as the system firmware later just reverted itself to 10.2.0 even after I got it to 15.0.1 on several occasions. That haunted NNID User keeps randomly returning as well at times.
Make sure the ID is gone from Sysnand and then create a new Emunand snapshot of the cleaned Sysnand and you should be good.

If you go through this guide step by step you should be good:

https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy

Is there some step I'm missing right at the beginning? Something to just absolutely purge the Switch of anything that is retained in memory and reviving the NNID user and the 10.2.0 firmware? I'm not really knowledgeable about this stuff, but the fact that it's even doing that at all makes me really suspicious that it is the cause of the issue.

Again though, thanks again for that super detailed reply. Once this root issue is resolved I have a good feeling it'll return to working properly.

Last edited by binkinator,

highrisefuzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Atmosphere is the only active CFW at the moment, it is stable for 15.0.x
I'm a bit of a pleb.. So I'm on 14.1 with Atmosphere 1.3 / what's the route of action? Update Atmosphere and hetake first, then write the new FW with daybreak and finish with new sigpatches? Where can I find legit FW links? Thanks

edit: also I read that u have to update your fusee, what do they mean by that?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a bit of a pleb.. So I'm on 14.1 with Atmosphere 1.3 / what's the route of action? Update Atmosphere and hetake first, then write the new FW with daybreak and finish with new sigpatches? Where can I find legit FW links? Thanks

You can update atmosphere and hekate files from their respective github or grab it from a pre built fss0 pack like deepsea, HATS. Firmware file can be grabbed from Darthsternie. As for patches, HATS come with patches, other like SD setup, deepsea doesn't.

Patches can be grabbed from below also.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/sigpatches-for-atmosphere-hekate-fss0-fusee-package3.571543/

Reactions: binkinator

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hello, bet this is not a fresh noob question.
Can I just update the switch in the system updater before even starting to play with cfw I read that I can't do it like that later but now :X?
Just buy it it looks fine don't wanna quack it too fast :D, Thx.

Paxlord

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey guys,
Small question, I have an old unbanned hacked switch and 2 other non hacked switches that I use to play online so I don't really care if my hacked switch get banned.

I've been wanting to play online on some games that I normally play on emulators. My plan was to transfer saves from emulator to my hacked switch, remove the dns/incognito and upload everything to the nintendo cloud so that I can access them on my regular switches to play online.

I'm pretty sure my hacked switch will get banned in the process. But I don't really want to get my account banned. Is there any record of Nintendo banning a whole account ? Do I risk anything account wide ?

Thanks in advance for the infos.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, bet this is not a fresh noob question.
Can I just update the switch in the system updater before even starting to play with cfw I read that I can't do it like that later but now :X?
Just buy it it looks fine don't wanna quack it too fast :D, Thx.
You can always upgrade you OFW using the Ninty Update servers. Even after creating CFW you can upgrade OFW normally.

Here’s some reading material for when you’re ready:

Hey guys,
Small question, I have an old unbanned hacked switch and 2 other non hacked switches that I use to play online so I don't really care if my hacked switch get banned.

I've been wanting to play online on some games that I normally play on emulators. My plan was to transfer saves from emulator to my hacked switch, remove the dns/incognito and upload everything to the nintendo cloud so that I can access them on my regular switches to play online.

I'm pretty sure my hacked switch will get banned in the process. But I don't really want to get my account banned. Is there any record of Nintendo banning a whole account ? Do I risk anything account wide ?

Thanks in advance for the infos.
You will be lucky if they let you complete the transfer. It will be your last. Your save from your emulator needs to be legit or it could get you banned as well. If your game save is deemed cheating you could end up getting more than just a console ban.

This really feels like a bad plan, man. I think I’d rather take my chances with one of the eBay guys that transfer custom saves to your account. Lesser of two evils, maybe? Yikes…what an awful choice.

Reactions: Lamcza

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You can always upgrade you OFW using the Ninty Update servers. Even after creating CFW you can upgrade OFW normally.

Here’s some reading material for when you’re ready:
So i can update it before and i can upgrade it after ok. Thx

Another noob question do i even need to upgrade ofw :X?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i can update it before and i can upgrade it after ok. Thx
Correct. You will make a copy of your Sysnand (called Emunand) for use with CFW. Once created they can evolve independently and be on different versions.
Another noob question do i even need to upgrade ofw :X?
Not unless it’s required to play a new game Online.

Technically same answer for CFW too. No need to upgrade unless a game requires it. The features Ninty is pumping out are…underwhelming. IMO it’s not worth it to upgrade for like 99.9% of the population. Games will play the same regardless.

Plermpel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
So I have another problem. I installed all my ROMs now but some of them are shown as incomplete in tinfoil, they were installed and take up the space but tinfoil says they use 0B and I cannot run those games.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have another problem. I installed all my ROMs now but some of them are shown as incomplete in tinfoil, they were installed and take up the space but tinfoil says they use 0B and I cannot run those games.
Will need to delete the traces of them in Settings -> Data Management.

If you want to try to install them again, make sure your Sigpatches are up to date.

Sigpatches (GBATemp) — get your Sigpatches here!

E: another common thing that happens is the base game isn’t installed but rather an update or DLC. Double check your source.

E2: when in doubt, try another installer to check your sanity.

Installers​

• Tinfoil — Polished installer. Recommend the Self installing version.
  • DBI — Capable feature filled and fast installer.
  • Tinwoo — A nice installer for when you just want to install.
  • Goldleaf — The kitchen sink but it can also install games.

Reactions: Plermpel

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So after i set up atmo and emunand i can just swipe sd card(on a clean one/no mods) and use stock system for online play without ban worries and i dont need to actually change dns in stock/base system but just create host file in sd card with emunand and atmo for dns mitm? :o

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So after i set up atmo and emunand i can just swipe sd card(on a clean one/no mods) and use stock system for online play without ban worries and i dont need to actually change dns in stock/base system but just create host file in sd card with emunand and atmo for dns mitm? :o

You would want to avoid swapping sd card around, switch sd card connector ain't that robust.

Chromagram

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Try both the driver suggestions listed here:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-to-setting-up-dbi-installer-over-usb.591075/page-2#post-9780100

Use something like WinSCP or FileZilla instead of your browser.

I like this FTP server…it can be always on:

Here’s an app that produces a link to pull gallery assets from your phone:

https://github.com/iUltimateLP/NXGallery

Are you launching Goldleaf while in hbmenu under Applet mode? Applet mode has big red letters at the top. You need to be in title override mode to give Goldleaf access to full memory.

Title Override What is title override and how to override its key combo

Make sure the ID is gone from Sysnand and then create a new Emunand snapshot of the cleaned Sysnand and you should be good.

If you go through this guide step by step you should be good:

Thanks again very much for clarifying this stuff. I booted into sysNAND and that tricky little unwanted account and ID was still stuck there. I deleted it, initialized the console from the sysNAND, and then created a new emuNAND.
For the life of me Goldleaf just refuses to work properly, I've always had luck with Awoo. It's just that I have no games at all after the SD format, so I couldn't load out of Applet Mode.

I had to get a little creative with it, I installed Tinfoil through the Self Installer, then downloaded a title over WiFi. Then I could boot out of Applet Mode, and Awoo is installing like gold again. I wonder if these newest versions of atmosphere are just resource hogs, I used to be able to download that first small title through Awoo in Applet Mode, but now it just crashes.

Now that I've found a way to get a title on the Switch and to run Awoo in full resource mode, it's perfect. Thanks very very much again for the help!

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks again very much for clarifying this stuff. I booted into sysNAND and that tricky little unwanted account and ID was still stuck there. I deleted it, initialized the console from the sysNAND, and then created a new emuNAND.
Great!
For the life of me Goldleaf just refuses to work properly, I've always had luck with Awoo. It's just that I have no games at all after the SD format, so I couldn't load out of Applet Mode.

I had to get a little creative with it, I installed Tinfoil through the Self Installer, then downloaded a title over WiFi. Then I could boot out of Applet Mode, and Awoo is installing like gold again. I wonder if these newest versions of atmosphere are just resource hogs, I used to be able to download that first small title through Awoo in Applet Mode, but now it just crashes.
I use Tinwoo to install Othello.nsp. It’s one of the smallest games on the Switch (~40MB) and gives me my first title.

Now that you have a single title installed, delete Tinfoil using Settings -> Data Management and then redeploy the self installer using Title Override mode and I bet it behaves properly afterwards.
Now that I've found a way to get a title on the Switch and to run Awoo in full resource mode, it's perfect.
Good deal!
Thanks very very much again for the help!
Glad you’re sorted. Enjoy your Switch!

Reactions: Chromagram

revilococo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey! Would anybody be able to help me install EdiZon/Tesla Overlay menu? I used to have cheats working, but I've tried reinstalling it multiple times and it's still not showing up... (the cheat menu)

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey! Would anybody be able to help me install EdiZon/Tesla Overlay menu? I used to have cheats working, but I've tried reinstalling it multiple times and it's still not showing up... (the cheat menu)
Did you update your FW to 15.0.0+?

If so, are you using the version mentioned here?

https://gbatemp.net/threads/broken-sysmods-after-fw-15-0-0-update.620866/page-2#post-9980134

Try out Breeze to download cheats and put them in the proper place:

https://github.com/tomvita/Breeze-Beta

Also might need this if yiu can’t turn off cheats once yiu get them working:

Cheats Always On Cheats won’t turn off? Here’s how to fix that

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, WAKE UP