Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, maybe I'm stupid, but I can't seem to change time on my Switch (Atmosphere 14), homebrew such as Switchtime only changes hours or days, but my switch is 45 minutes ahead and I can't find a way to change minutes. Using switch system settings (I'm not networked) won't work either. There is a NYX time offset in a config file somwhere, can that be edited or am I just plain stupid?
Booting stock I'm just 5 minutes off, that's ok after 4 years or so.

Switchtime should work for this, but I believe you need to be network, as it need to sync online

Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, maybe I'm stupid, but I can't seem to change time on my Switch (Atmosphere 14), homebrew such as Switchtime only changes hours or days, but my switch is 45 minutes ahead and I can't find a way to change minutes. Using switch system settings (I'm not networked) won't work either. There is a NYX time offset in a config file somwhere, can that be edited or am I just plain stupid?
Booting stock I'm just 5 minutes off, that's ok after 4 years or so.
My buddy @impeeza talks about time setting here:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendo-switch-clock-s.604357/#post-9686970

There are some links he shared that might help.

• Love
Reactions: impeeza

Alentar

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Hello, this is my first post in the forum and I'm a noob of Switch modding/downloading (and please sorry for my English).
For what I have understood from now:
- In order to play downloaded game we need to install the Atmosphere firmware, which can be installed only on older Nintendo Switch (so if I buy a console, it's not guaranteed I can do this)
- I can download games in NSP or XCI format, and latter requires a software (SX OS)
- In order to play these games, I have to launch Atmosphere and play the games in this environment
- In order to avoid ban, I have to play in offline mode

There is something I missed?

Thank you

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, this is my first post in the forum and I'm a noob of Switch modding/downloading (and please sorry for my English).
For what I have understood from now:
- In order to play downloaded game we need to install the Atmosphere firmware, which can be installed only on older Nintendo Switch (so if I buy a console, it's not guaranteed I can do this)
- I can download games in NSP or XCI format, and latter requires a software (SX OS)
- In order to play these games, I have to launch Atmosphere and play the games in this environment
- In order to avoid ban, I have to play in offline mode

There is something I missed?

Thank you
Atmosphere only enables homebrew. It is not a piracy tool.

Atmosphere runs on any Switch.

Getting Atmosphere on a Switch requires an RCM bugged (unpatched) V1 Switch or an HWFLY modchip for a V2 (patched) Switch.

Sigpatches are what allow the ability to play your legally owned and dumped backups.

Here’s a guide that will give you the background you need and instructions to get you up and running:

https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy

XxAlicexX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
OFW has nothing to do with the glitch process. It’s likely just a coincidence that you upgraded and something came loose on your modchip. What colors are your modchip’s LEDs flashing (inside the bottom air vents) when you boot? That will provide some diagnostics.

it blinks purple light twice, then the purple light stays lit. I see. So, if incase, I upgraded again my firmware(OFW) again to a future firmware, I won't have that issue again?

Last edited by XxAlicexX,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, i have a dirty sysnand but i don't have a backup.
Is there any way to clean my sysnand?
Thanks.
We just talked about Haku33 a few threads back.

Check it out: https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-noob-paradise-ask-questions-here.488277/page-1803#post-10004336

https://github.com/StarDustCFW/Haku33

E: agree w/ @Draxzelex Without a clean backup you will never be clean and risk free ever again.

E2: You will have to assess the risk and accept the results of your own actions.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One of the people who used Haku33 was still banned after using it so its definitely not fullproof.
100% agree. The other alternative is to self-ban so either way you’re efukt.com.
Post automatically merged:

it blinks purple light twice, then the purple light stays lit.

Here’s the troubleshooting diagnostics for this (short answer…you’re chip is not glitching.)

1669042431942.png

Last edited by binkinator,
Reactions: XxAlicexX

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see. So, does it mean the problem was the hardware? Also, if incase, I upgraded again my firmware(OFW) again to a future firmware, I won't have that issue again?
Correct, this is a hardware issue that coincidentally happened around the same time you upgraded your Firmware. They are completely unrelated and you simply need to get your modchip working again. The modchip will likely need to be reflowed in order to restore connectivity to the loose connection.

Reactions: XxAlicexX

XxAlicexX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Correct, this is a hardware issue that coincidentally happened around the same time you upgraded your Firmware. They are completely unrelated and you simply need to get your modchip working again. The modchip will likely need to be reflowed in order to restore connectivity to the loose connection.

Hmm. I understand it now better. Because the modder whom I asked to fix it for me said otherwise. They said it's because I change the other contents inside the sd card when I updated to 15.0.1 but I just copied the updated version of hats pack into the sd card.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm. I understand it now better. Because the modder whom I asked to fix it for me said otherwise. They said it's because I change the other contents inside the sd card when I updated to 15.0.1 but I just copied the updated version of hats pack into the sd card.
That is a bald face lie from the friggin devil.

You will need to take the diagnostic diagram back to your installer and show them that the behavior of your modchip shows it is not glitching properly so it never has a chance to get to the SDCard stage.

XxAlicexX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
That is a bald face lie from the friggin devil.

You will need to take the diagnostic diagram back to your installer and show them that the behavior of your modchip shows it is not glitching properly so it never has a chance to get to the SDCard stage.

yeah I told him what I did exactly and he still tries to prove he is correct lol. i unfortunately ended up with a reformatted sd card with none of my save files. I'm still lucky I didn't have any important saves there. Next time, I'll just probably learn how to reflow it in case of emergency. I don't wanna send it back again in the future. Anyways, thanks a lot for the help. ☺️

Sheldon99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Can anyone tell me which app is 010000000000BD10? After a manual update the usual black screen with yellow words appeared and i know i have to update or delete this folder

The folder contains exefs.nsp, mitm.lst, toolbox.json and another folder called flags (which contains boot2.flag)

Last edited by Sheldon99,

Flavio92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You would have a "technically clean" Sysnand so yes, you can then follow a guide like this to create an Emunand on a hidden partition and thus be able to dual boot through the Hekate bootloader. All covered in the guide. :-)
I have blank serial number because i forgot to remove incognito :S there is a way to fix this?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have blank serial number because i forgot to remove incognito :S there is a way to fix this?
Uh oh. This is bad news. The only way to recover is to restore from backup. Without it I’m afraid you are banned from talking to Ninty servers.

Hi,
Just tried to dump my Keys with lockpick, but even though it said it was succesfull, I can't find the keys anywhere.

On the screen it tells you:

Check /switch/prod.keys

Can anyone tell me which app is 010000000000BD10? After a manual update the usual black screen with yellow words appeared and i know i have to update or delete this folder

The folder contains exefs.nsp, mitm.lst, toolbox.json and another folder called flags (which contains boot2.flag)
Look inside the toolbox.json file. They usually have a name inside. You can disable it by removing the empty boot2.flag file. Once you get things sorted again you can simply recreate a blank boot2.flag file and the service will start during boot again.

Last edited by binkinator,
  • Haha
Reactions: impeeza

8bitsenpai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've been running emuNAND for about 6 months now with no issues, and I haven't had to update my firmware for anything. Fast forward to a couple days ago and I dropped my Switch from a low place, for some reason sending it back to Hekate. I tried to simply boot back into emuNAND like usual and it got to the Nintendo Switch logo and booted me BACK into Hekate. I now can't get my Switch any farther than that for some reason. There were no scratches or anything from the fall, but it was weird that it sent me back to Hekate. Any suggestions? I already tried updating the sigpatches to no avail.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    sorabora tempBOT: sorabora has joined the room.