Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Ricetomeetyou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To check that your shields are up and operational:

Check your serial number in Settings to ensure that the first letters are there but all the numbers are 0000

View attachment 338848

If this is in place you can then check your DNS settings by running 90DNS Tester to make sure you come up all green (blocked)

View attachment 338849

Grab tinfoil.nro self installer from tinfoil.io directly.

There is a slight catch-22 where you need a game installed in order to use title override which will allow you to bypass hbmenu applet mode and actually install tinfoil.nro properly. I circumvent this by installing a small game such as Othello first using another installer such as one of these:

Installers​

• Tinwoo — A nice installer for when you just want to install.
  • Goldleaf — The kitchen sink but it can also install games.
  • DBI — Capable feature filled and fast installer.
  • Tinfoil — Polished installer. Recommend the Self installing version.
Post automatically merged:

Wild…will try some tests myself and see if I can duplicate the issue and let @mrdude know.
I am showing blanked out so that's good. Not sure how to find othello if I can't get into tinfoil to search for it. Is it an NES ROM that can be installed, or the actual switch game?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am showing blanked out so that's good.
Perfect! You will not be able to communicate with Ninty servers with a blanked out serial number. It’s used as part of the communication handshake. You can turn on wifi and test your DNS now with 90DNS Tester. Once you’re all green (blocked) you will be double blocked and safe to use hbappstore and other network related things.
Not sure how to find othello if I can't get into tinfoil to search for it. Is it an NES ROM that can be installed, or the actual switch game?

Othello.nsp is an actual switch game that (before you even ask) I cannot tell you where to find. You’ll have to DuckDuckGo.com or Google that yourself.

It’s like 30M so I just keep a copy on my SDCard at all times. Good luck!

Last edited by binkinator,

Ricetomeetyou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Perfect! You will not be able to communicate with Ninty servers with a blanked out serial number. It’s used as part of the communication handshake. You can turn on wifi and test your DNS now with 90DNS Tester. Once you’re all green (blocked) you will be double blocked and safe to use hbappstore and other network related things.

Othello.nsp is an actual switch game that (before you even ask) I cannot tell you where to find. You’ll have to DuckDuckGo.com or Google that yourself.

I got that installed, but any time I try to enter the album holding the right trigger, it still shows the applet mode. Is that a problem? I clicked on tinfoil installer which puts it on the home screen rather than having to go into hbmenu to access. Does that mean that holding R whenever entering tinfoil will go in with full memory? I am kind of confused if I navigated around this "catch 22"...

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got that installed, but any time I try to enter the album holding the right trigger, it still shows the applet mode. Is that a problem? I clicked on tinfoil installer which puts it on the home screen rather than having to go into hbmenu to access. Does that mean that holding R whenever entering tinfoil will go in with full memory? I am kind of confused if I navigated around this "catch 22"...
Once tinfoil is installed using title override mode it will be deployed to your main menu and you will only need to click it normally moving forward.

If you installed tinfoil in hbmenu applet mode you may run into issues with it in the future.

You cannot get into title override (full memory) mode using the album. Album will always put you in applet mode.

To use title override you need at least one real title on your main menu. This is the catch-22…

steveroo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Ricetomeetyou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Got it figured out. I was holding ZR instead of R to get into title override mode...

Question about the game saves using JKSV:
I got to the point in your other guide where the saves are extracted from the old sd card and are in the "out" folder, but now it seems like I run JKSV on the switch and then have to drag and drop each save file into its respective game title folder. If I don't know the game title numbers and haven't run the game for the first time, with those folders even be there? Would it be better to at least run the game for a minute so that a game folder shows up (if that even happens)? I thought this might be able to just auto populate the saves where they are supposed to go.

Last edited by Ricetomeetyou,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got it figured out. I was holding ZR instead of R to get into title override mode...

Question about the game saves using JKSV:
I got to the point in your other guide where the saves are extracted from the old sd card and are in the "out" folder, but now it seems like I run JKSV on the switch and then have to drag and drop each save file into its respective game title folder. If I don't know the game title numbers and haven't run the game for the first time, with those folders even be there? Would it be better to at least run the game for a minute so that a game folder shows up (if that even happens)? I thought this might be able to just auto populate the saves where they are supposed to go.
You are spot on, you need to run the game once to create the game save hierarchy.

You can find game titleIDs here:

https://titledblookup.stackblitz.io/

C1E0319A-518E-4959-8383-1ED99431F505.jpeg

1) select language file
2) add a search term
3) Lets’a Go!

warriosbest

Trophies
XP
Country
so i have v1 switch with hekate - non-banned ofw and modded cfw Atmosphère
when i shutdown and it switch to ofw, i have account logged, when i press redownload some software, it required new update
does new update matter if i update it in OFW, and can i still playing game in cfw without any problems ?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i have v1 switch with hekate - non-banned ofw and modded cfw Atmosphère
when i shutdown and it switch to ofw, i have account logged, when i press redownload some software, it required new update
does new update matter if i update it in OFW, and can i still playing game in cfw without any problems ?
Your OFW is operating on Sysnand while your CFW (should typically) be operating on Emunand. Emunand is a copy of Sysnand. Once copied they operate as two different systems and deviate from each other. Things you do in one will not be reflected in the other.

Reactions: warriosbest

warriosbest

Trophies
XP
Country
hmm i think switch wifi (2.4Ghz) download spd is very bad, on cfw i can see it drop around 2-4MB/s
on OFW, fortnite 11.2GB = 11200 / 4680 (1hours 18mins) = about 2.3MB/s, or even lower. MTU 1400-1500, still almost same

Phone speed test is about 80Mbps +/-
PC LAN is about 140-160Mbps

So if dock have LAN port, does it fasten up download spd for Switch?

RustyMongoose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This may sound inane but
Could I transfer my user and save data from my cfw switch to my ofw? I want to migrate my Pokemon from Sword and Shield to the ofw without doing 800+ trades, so I wanted to move my saves over to the ofw that has a HOME subscription.

Or am I better off just filling my boxes with fodder and slowly trading one by one?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm i think switch wifi (2.4Ghz) download spd is very bad, on cfw i can see it drop around 2-4MB/s
on OFW, fortnite 11.2GB = 11200 / 4680 (1hours 18mins) = about 2.3MB/s, or even lower. MTU 1400-1500, still almost same

Phone speed test is about 80Mbps +/-
PC LAN is about 140-160Mbps

So if dock have LAN port, does it fasten up download spd for Switch?
Depends. You have involved several different technologies and measurements but instead of going into detail I’ll just say this:

Yes, If you plug your Switch in to the same wired Switch you should see improvement over the 2.4GHz wifi speed. Try it out and see. It can’t hurt to find out. :-)
Post automatically merged:

This may sound inane but
Could I transfer my user and save data from my cfw switch to my ofw? I want to migrate my Pokemon from Sword and Shield to the ofw without doing 800+ trades, so I wanted to move my saves over to the ofw that has a HOME subscription.

Or am I better off just filling my boxes with fodder and slowly trading one by one?
Clarifying that you mean running CFW on Emunand and OFW on Sysnand (which is typically the case) you can migrate game saves from Emunand to Sysnand using NXNandManager and JKSV but there are risks. Here’s a recent discussion on the topic around the risk of getting banned. There are differing opinions so know this going in.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/could-i...s-v-savefiles-from-emunand-to-sysnand.621682/

warriosbest

Trophies
XP
Country
Your OFW is operating on Sysnand while your CFW (should typically) be operating on Emunand. Emunand is a copy of Sysnand. Once copied they operate as two different systems and deviate from each other. Things you do in one will not be reflected in the other.
so i just update ofw, but when i shut down and put in rcmloader. jig, holding power and + volume button
it's just boot directly to ofw instead,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i just update ofw, but when i shut down and put in rcmloader. jig, holding power and + volume button
it's just boot directly to ofw instead,
Updating OFW would not have impacted your ability to put your switch into RCM mode or inject a payload with your rcmloader in any way. They are unrelated. Something else is being done wrong. Please check your RCMloader payloads and your SDCard.

Reactions: warriosbest

warriosbest

Trophies
XP
Country
i dont know how but it just work,
but before that i just copy new fusee/atmosphere to microsd
now some of my game just say unable to start (in this case mario bros deluxe, tinfoil,..

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont know how but it just work,
but before that i just copy new fusee/atmosphere to microsd
now some of my game just say unable to start (in this case mario bros deluxe, tinfoil,..
So now you are updating your emunand and CFW?

Did you update you Sigpatches?

Sigpatches (GBATemp) — get your Sigpatches here!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: To the possibility of free rent lol