Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

SpinningAintMyThing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Definitely messed something up so I think I've got a paperweight. Still hoping I'm wrong.
  • I backed up my NAND using Hekate
  • I think (someone else said they did this by mistake) the switch received an update and installed it before the switch was put into airplane mode. (This is my only lead as to what went wrong.)
  • I restored the NAND I backed up. Including the Boot 0/1 (because of the update I think, prior I got errors pertaining to mismatched pkg 1/2)
  • Loaded from Hekate into the SysNAND with no CFW. Everything worked perfectly while powered on.
  • Turned the console off via Power Off. It won't turn back on, nor will it got into RCM.
If I am bricked, I'm curious if anything immediately would've caused that, or if I just got unlucky somehow in the backup process.

Last edited by SpinningAintMyThing,

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Definitely messed something up so I think I've got a paperweight. Still hoping I'm not wrong.
  • I backed up my NAND using Hekate
  • I think (someone else said they did this by mistake) the switch received an update and installed it before the switch was put into airplane mode. (This is my only lead as to what went wrong.)
  • I restored the NAND I backed up. Including the Boot 0/1 (because of the update I think, prior I got errors pertaining to mismatched pkg 1/2)
  • Loaded from Hekate into the SysNAND with no CFW. Everything worked perfectly while powered on.
  • Turned the console off via Power Off. It won't turn back on, nor will it got into RCM.
If I am bricked, I'm curious if anything immediately would've caused that, or if I just got unlucky somehow in the backup process.
sure you didn't turn autorcm on, try sending a payload

SpinningAintMyThing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thing that i don't get is why you restored your nand because of an update?
I restored the NAND backup because I installed homebrew on the SysNAND on accident and I wanted to avoid a ban. I didn't know the console got an update until after I realized the console wouldn't turn on. Thought I was being needlessly safe if anything.

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I restored the NAND backup because I installed homebrew on the SysNAND on accident and I wanted to avoid a ban. I didn't know the console got an update until after I realized the console wouldn't turn on.
that alone wouldn't have gotten you a ban unless you also installed / ran pirated software, so when restoring your nand is when you had the mismatch error?
sorry for all the questions, just trying to get a clear picture

SpinningAintMyThing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that alone wouldn't have gotten you a ban unless you also installed / ran pirated software, so when restoring your nand is when you had the mismatch error?
sorry for all the questions, just trying to get a clear picture
Nah it's fair, and yes. I got the mismatch error in Hekate, and it prevented me from booting into any kind of system launch. (Stock, SysCFW, EmuCFW). I then reinstalled the Boot 0/1 and the console successfully did a stock reboot. Then after it turned off again, nothing.

Also, shit. I thought homebrew apps could cause a ban if loaded in SysNAND.

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nah it's fair, and yes. I got the mismatch error in Hekate, and it prevented me from booting into any kind of system launch. (Stock, SysCFW, EmuCFW). I then reinstalled the Boot 0/1 and the console successfully did a stock reboot. Then after it turned off again, nothing.

Also, shit. I thought homebrew apps could cause a ban if loaded in SysNAND.
Don't get why you cannot get into rcm though, unless i'm missing something, try holding down the power button for 20 secs though not expecting much, also try leaving on charge for a while from a wall socket, even though the battery was 90%+ you just never know.

Reactions: SpinningAintMyThing

SpinningAintMyThing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't get why you cannot get into rcm though, unless i'm missing something, try holding down the power button for 20 secs though not expecting much, also try leaving on charge for a while from a wall socket, even though the battery was 90%+ you just never know.
I'm more confused now if anything!

After holding it for 20 secs and attempting to go into RCM the jig worked first try, everything works as normal. So I tried to turn it off again and reboot to see, and yep, when I manually powered the console down it again would not normally boot with the power button unless I held it for 20 seconds, in which case it would be allowed to go into RCM and reboot. It's not in auto-RCM, I had to manually redo the jig both times, though I guess at this point doing so would only save me time because I need to launch into Hekate to reboot at all anyway.

I would definitely enjoy a way to turn the switch on and off without needing to utilize RCM, but in the meantime, we'll see! Thank you for the tip!

Last edited by SpinningAintMyThing,

Ricetomeetyou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool!

One question before we move forward, we’re you using anything like Incognito that we need to backup? Losing this could render your Switch self banned forever is why I ask. Incognito changes your serial number to all 0000s. Let me know if we need to consider this.

Anyway, I personally would test one or two by installing a game and checking the game save status just to be 100% sure.

My reasoning is the next part is destructive to the source (we format the 512G card)
That’s up to you.

If you’re comfortable with what we have, let’s continue forward.

1) format the 512 using rufus
2) use Hekate format and to create a hidden partition
3) cooy the data from the 256G FAT32 to the 512G FAT32
4) use Emutool to copy your 256G card’s hidden partition to the 512G hidden partition.
5) use Hekate to “fix” your new emummc
6) reboot on your new card
7) install games
8) restore game saves.
I got the 512GB all set up with Atmosphere the same way the 256GB card is (with exosphere and hosts blocking text). I haven't transferred any saves over, because i don't have any games available to play right now. If I am supposed to test them right now, should I be installing tinfoil and downloading a game. Feels like that should be a last step if I still have to copy partitions, etc.

Since we did the same thing to the spare 256GB card and then just now to the original 512GB card, is there really anything to "transfer over" since they have the same new FAT32 clean partition done according to the instructions I followed? Or are we needing to use the nand backup and pick files from there?

Should the saves come over first for when I end up redownloading games?

Skinborik

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Anyone can use rekado using a phone with mini usb port (not type C)? I need help! My switch doesn't wake up using it and I need to fix it until I fan afford a new phone. Thanks

raphzthename

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on firmware 15.0.1 with the latest Atmosphere + sig patches.

I have installed an .nsz file from my sdcard using TinWoo Installer 1.0.11.

It installed successfully, but the game icon on the homescreen is not loading:
PXL_20221119_205940985.jpg

Clicking on the icon gives this error:
Code:
Error Code: 2155-8077

An error has occurred.

Please try again later.

If the problem persists, please try performing a system update from (System Settings) => System on the HOME Menu.

Can anyone guide me on how to resolve this?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got the 512GB all set up with Atmosphere the same way the 256GB card is (with exosphere and hosts blocking text). I haven't transferred any saves over, because i don't have any games available to play right now. If I am supposed to test them right now, should I be installing tinfoil and downloading a game. Feels like that should be a last step if I still have to copy partitions, etc.

Since we did the same thing to the spare 256GB card and then just now to the original 512GB card, is there really anything to "transfer over" since they have the same new FAT32 clean partition done according to the instructions I followed? Or are we needing to use the nand backup and pick files from there?

Should the saves come over first for when I end up redownloading games?

You’re absolutely right. There’s nothing we need to copy from the test card now that you have a working primary and a nand backup. We don’t need the 256GB anymore because everything worked out in our favor and we didn’t have to go through any deep troubleshooting.

Install the latest tinfoil.nro, play your game at least once and then you can restore your game saves from your emunand backup and you’re done!
Post automatically merged:

I'm on firmware 15.0.1 with the latest Atmosphere + sig patches.

I have installed an .nsz file from my sdcard using TinWoo Installer 1.0.11.

It installed successfully, but the game icon on the homescreen is not loading:
View attachment 338833

Clicking on the icon gives this error:
Code:
Error Code: 2155-8077

An error has occurred.

Please try again later.

If the problem persists, please try performing a system update from (System Settings) => System on the HOME Menu.

Can anyone guide me on how to resolve this?
The game did not install properly. Possibly a bad source file…maybe try finding it elsewhere?

You can remove the crashed remnants and the spinning logo from your Main page by going into Settings -> Data Management and then delete the name of the improperly installed game.

raphzthename

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can remove the crashed remnants and the spinning logo from your Main page by going into Settings -> Data Management and then delete the name of the improperly installed game.
Thank you! I was able to delete the game with these instructions.
The game did not install properly. Possibly a bad source file…maybe try finding it elsewhere?
I've verified the .nsz file is proper with NSC Builder (decryption + signature + HASH verification):
Code:
DECRYPTION TEST
VERDICT: NSZ FILE IS CORRECT

SIGNATURE 1 TEST
VERDICT: NSZ FILE IS SAFE

HASH TEST

Is TinWoo maybe not able to install some .nsz files correctly?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you! I was able to delete the game with these instructions.

I've verified the .nsz file is proper with NSC Builder (decryption + signature + HASH verification):
Code:
DECRYPTION TEST

SIGNATURE 1 TEST
VERDICT: NSZ FILE IS SAFE

HASH TEST

Is TinWoo maybe not able to install some .nsz files correctly?

NSZ files are called out as compatible on the main page: https://github.com/mrdude2478/TinWoo

I’ve never had an issue with Tinwoo installing…well, anything really…it just works.

Reactions: raphzthename

Ricetomeetyou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You’re absolutely right. There’s nothing we need to copy from the test card now that you have a working primary and a nand backup. We don’t need the 256GB anymore because everything worked out in our favor and we didn’t have to go through any deep troubleshooting.

Install the latest tinfoil.nro, play your game at least once and then you can restore your game saves from your emunand backup and you’re done!
I tried installing Homebrew App Store but it told me it couldn't connect to the internet. I am in airplane mode because I don't want to get banned, but with everything we did, am I good to turn on Wifi and use it now? Some guides recommend going into Switch settings and manually inputting dns settings (we did that with the text files I assume).

When you say you recommend the tinfoil self installer, is that the self installer link on the tinfoil site, or just clicking tinfoil in the hb menu?

raphzthename

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried installing Homebrew App Store but it told me it couldn't connect to the internet. I am in airplane mode because I don't want to get banned, but with everything we did, am I good to turn on Wifi and use it now? Some guides recommend going into Switch settings and manually inputting dns settings (we did that with the text files I assume).

When you say you recommend the tinfoil self installer, is that the self installer link on the tinfoil site, or just clicking tinfoil in the hb menu?

To check that your shields are up and operational:

Check your serial number in Settings to ensure that the first letters are there but all the numbers are 0000

1668900029377.jpeg

If this is in place you can then check your DNS settings by running 90DNS Tester to make sure you come up all green (blocked)

1668900227144.jpeg

Grab tinfoil.nro self installer from tinfoil.io directly.

There is a slight catch-22 where you need a game installed in order to use title override which will allow you to bypass hbmenu applet mode and actually install tinfoil.nro properly. I circumvent this by installing a small game such as Othello first using another installer such as one of these:

Installers​

• Tinwoo — A nice installer for when you just want to install.
  • Goldleaf — The kitchen sink but it can also install games.
  • DBI — Capable feature filled and fast installer.
  • Tinfoil — Polished installer. Recommend the Self installing version.

Thank you.

Installing the same exact file with DBI worked, so it does look like TinWoo may have some compatibility issues.
Wild…will try some tests myself and see if I can duplicate the issue and let @mrdude know.

Last edited by binkinator,
Reactions: raphzthename

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
    NinStar @ NinStar: people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious