Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And that Title Override is for unlocking full memory to use by cfw when starting up games yes :P? I need to hold r when launching or it can be somehow automated?
You have to hold down (R) while launching a game to override the title and start HBMenu in full memory mode. Otherwise you will be in Applet mode and limited in what homebre you can run. (Tinfoil won’t install properly for example.) You can change the key combo in the config file.

sanakochi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
So, I got a broken Switch tablet for cheap, got it to work by charging and now it works fine. I'm wondering if it is modded. It was certainly heavily used, judging by USB port, but it only has 2 games and it's on 11.0.1 firmware, no SD card either. I got it from a pawn shop, so I don't even know who previously owned it

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I got a broken Switch tablet for cheap, got it to work by charging and now it works fine. I'm wondering if it is modded. It was certainly heavily used, judging by USB port, but it only has 2 games and it's on 11.0.1 firmware, no SD card either. I got it from a pawn shop, so I don't even know who previously owned it
Assuming your question is to check if its hackable, you can do a quick check by comparing the serial number to the ones listed in this thread. If its in the green or red area, the answer is pretty definitive but if its orange, then you will have to test to see if its unpatched or not by trying to send a payload. There's a tutorial on how to quickly send a payload linked in that thread as well to serve as the final definitive test.

sanakochi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Assuming your question is to check if its hackable, you can do a quick check by comparing the serial number to the ones listed in this thread. If its in the green or red area, the answer is pretty definitive but if its orange, then you will have to test to see if its unpatched or not by trying to send a payload. There's a tutorial on how to quickly send a payload linked in that thread as well to serve as the final definitive test.
No, I know it's not hackable with fusee-gelee, I want to know whether it has a modchip or not before I try anything related to hacking

MrLeche

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OLED noob question: Why is the no switch.hacks.guide like we have in DS and 3ds? I'm trying to check back from time to time on what's latest on modding or putting CFW as I'm very new to the Switch scene. I found some links online but I"m not sure if its GBATemp Offish. Thanks!

marhalloweenvt

Trophies
XP
Country
OLED noob question: Why is the no switch.hacks.guide like we have in DS and 3ds? I'm trying to check back from time to time on what's latest on modding or putting CFW as I'm very new to the Switch scene. I found some links online but I"m not sure if its GBATemp Offish. Thanks!
There is a lot of them floating out there but they are kind of outdate as of Switch is constantly being upgraded.
For me, the most trustworthy source is https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy and they are cover almost everything and straight forward.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does atmosphere work on 15.0.1?
Absolutely. There were a few issues back at the beginning but they have been resolved now.

E: that said there are no games that require 15.0.1 yet so there’s no burning need to upgrade your FW. Just sayin.

Reactions: Lamcza

highrisefuzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
You can update atmosphere and hekate files from their respective github or grab it from a pre built fss0 pack like deepsea, HATS. Firmware file can be grabbed from Darthsternie. As for patches, HATS come with patches, other like SD setup, deepsea doesn't.

Patches can be grabbed from below also.
Thanks, it all worked fine but I noticed a few apps and "apps" just stopped working that were installed previously

Chromagram

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Great!

I use Tinwoo to install Othello.nsp. It’s one of the smallest games on the Switch (~40MB) and gives me my first title.

Now that you have a single title installed, delete Tinfoil using Settings -> Data Management and then redeploy the self installer using Title Override mode and I bet it behaves properly afterwards.

Good deal!

Glad you’re sorted. Enjoy your Switch!
Thanks! I just had a follow up issue, since tech problems never rest.

With some constant here-and-there "USB timed out or failed" errors, Awoo eventually got through about 60% of my download library and installed it successfully working to the Switch. However, after another USB timed out error, now Awoo does the same thing it did before, even out of Applet Mode. It immediately crashes upon transfer start. I did see an error page stating Error code 2162-0002 and pointing to Program 01000000000012. I researched this and people are saying "oh it's easy, just delete "atmosphere/contents/01000000000012", but I checked the SD card and my atmosphere's content folder only contains an undub of a different game entirely. Where is this program coming from?
[Quick update: For now I have fixed this by again deleting my atmosphere install from my SD card, and using a fresh install of HATS to make sure no files had gone missing. I really hope it doesn't happen again.]

And small thing, but since that problem point where it crashes immediately every time now, when I launch into Atmosphere from Hekate now, the Switch flickers black and goes to sleep each time. I have to physically go back over to my dock, hit the power button, and have it come out of sleep mode, every single time. Any possible idea on why it's suddenly doing this?
[This is still an issue, even after the HATS install]

There's no peace and rest for my poor Switch, it just keeps finding a way to hate me 🥲

Last edited by Chromagram,

Plermpel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Will need to delete the traces of them in Settings -> Data Management.

If you want to try to install them again, make sure your Sigpatches are up to date.

Sigpatches (GBATemp) — get your Sigpatches here!

E: another common thing that happens is the base game isn’t installed but rather an update or DLC. Double check your source.

E2: when in doubt, try another installer to check your sanity.

Installers​

• Tinfoil — Polished installer. Recommend the Self installing version.
  • DBI — Capable feature filled and fast installer.
  • Tinwoo — A nice installer for when you just want to install.
  • Goldleaf — The kitchen sink but it can also install games.

Don't get it, allready tried Tinfoil and Goldleaf, Sigpatches from the linkw here allready on.
The weird thing is, it happens with games I allready had installed and working, only difference now is, I've a much bigger SD Card and I am on emuNAND now.

EDIT.: Oh and my emuNAND is on V14 and and my sysNAND is on 15 now, is that a problem?

Last edited by Plermpel,

KiwiSwitcher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I don’t believe the Sigpatches changed between 15.0.0 and 15.0.1. It was such a minor change of like banned words or something. Nothing in the main system.

Perhaps you just grab the patches from here and check before you reinstall all your games:

Sigpatches (GBATemp) — get your Sigpatches here

These should just work…
It worked! Thanks yo :) I'm always impressed by people who just hang out here helping people all day. Especially being in a totally opposite timezone, I'm amazed by how fast I can get help here

Reactions: binkinator

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
has anyone figured out how to hack v2 switches? And on top of that, anyone know some good hbrew apps, games, or emulators?
They have already been hacked. The catch is you need to solder a modchip inside. And don't even think about asking for a way to hack them without a modchip. The leading Switch hacking expert, SciresM, has said that there are most likely no more exploits that he could find with the 500+ hours he spent researching the console.

ocasionallysunksmw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
They have already been hacked. The catch is you need to solder a modchip inside. And don't even think about asking for a way to hack them without a modchip. The leading Switch hacking expert, SciresM, has said that there are most likely no more exploits that he could find with the 500+ hours he spent researching the console.
that was fast...
Also, crap. Maybe someone'll find a way to Cubic Ninja the thing :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?