SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by epickid37, Nov 1, 2017.

1. boooluk

boooluk Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 29, 2019
    United Kingdom
    hello all, is the new 8.1 cfw all good or should i stay at 6.2?

2. Joeli53

Joeli53 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2015
    United States
    So, just wanted to confirm: if I created a emuNAND and did all of my CFW on that partition and then took my microSD card out, I'd be able to boot up the clean sysNAND with a separate microSD card that can go online without any risk? I didn't modify my sysNAND at all.

3. Jinxthejiv

Jinxthejiv Member

Newcomer
    Aug 2, 2019
    United States
    does anyone know why when i install a forwarder NSP, it just stays a blank icon that cant be clicked and can only be deleted by going into the system settings to uninstall it

4. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

GBAtemp Patron
    pLaYeR^^ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
    8.1.0 works fine.

You don‘t need to remove the micro sd card to boot to clean SysNAND.

boooluk likes this.
  5. Jinxthejiv

Jinxthejiv Member

Newcomer
    Aug 2, 2019
    United States
    also another question, what would happen if you disable Emunand could you re enable it without any consequences

6. boooluk

boooluk Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 29, 2019
    United Kingdom
    thx for reply, does the new atmosphere have also the patches for the gamecard slot enabled by default?

7. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
    Yes, you can simply enable it again.

In the latest fusee-primary nogc is enabled by default. If you boot with hekate, it’s also enabled by default (never set autonogc to 0 if you care about gc slot in the ini hekate file).

boooluk likes this.
  8. Jinxthejiv

Jinxthejiv Member

Newcomer
    Aug 2, 2019
    United States
    alright thanks and do you by chance know why whenever i install a forwarder NSP through Tinfoil it just shows a blank icon that cant be clicked?

9. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
    I have never used NSP forwarder. Maybe someone else can help you.

10. Jinxthejiv

Jinxthejiv Member

Newcomer
    Aug 2, 2019
    United States
    alright thanks for your help

11. boooluk

boooluk Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 29, 2019
    United Kingdom
    i don`t see an ini file, just hope it is enabled, thx

12. kallstrom_74

kallstrom_74 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 15, 2018
    Sweden
    I think i need some help! i have updated my cfw to newest atmosphere and latest hakate.. when i try to start tinfoil it just says that i must uninstall kosmos..i do that and can start tinfoil..but then when i reboot i must install the atmosphere files on the sd card again..it wont boot into cfw

is there any "patched" tinfoil/lithium that work?? i am not so found of goldleaf and goldtree

or how can i set up the cfw? i like atmosphere..all other things work good

13. Joeli53

Joeli53 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2015
    United States
    Right, I just mean that I'm using a separate microSD card for my sysNAND because I have purchased eShop games I'd like to play online. If I go into sysNAND with my CFW microSD inserted, it prompts a reformat option. I don't want anything on my CFW microSD to "ping" Nintendo when I'm using my untouched sysNAND, so I figure it's safer to have two separate microSD cards: one for my sysNAND and one for my emuNAND. I just want to make sure I can "swap" between both without any issues/risk by turning off my system in-between booting into either sysNAND or emuNAND.

Last edited by Joeli53, Aug 13, 2019
  14. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    There are around 32 or 64 (I cannot remember the exact number) of fuses dedicated to preventing downgrades. This fuse count is how the console tracks what firmware versions you are allowed to boot. For reference, a list can be found here. The number denotes how many fuses are currently burnt. And if you wish to use Hekate without nogc, you can turn off autonogc by changing the number after the = from 1 to 0 in the hekate_ipl.ini file located in the /bootloader folder.

My personal stance is that more options are objectively better than less options. What this means is that while there may not be anything right now for lower firmware versions, if and when something is released in the future, I would rather have the option of being able to use a future exploit than not because we do not know what the future holds. Combine that with the fact that it is simple to update without burning fuses and I cannot find any excuse for burning fuses outside of laziness. For example, many people would prefer an untethered coldboot solution to CFW meaning that the console boots into CFW without any user input. This type of exploit would be better than the current tethered coldboot exploit in every way except it may require the usage of emuMMC. However this is a non-issue as plenty of people use emuMMC for avoiding a ban.

And if you want to truly show your thanks, try helping someone else out on the forums whether in this thread or another. The best gift is knowing the knowledge you gave someone helps someone else.
    What that means is Hekate supports rebooting into Fusee_primary if you want to launch Atmosphere that way and still keep Hekate as it is more useful than Fusee. Hekate has plenty of differences between Fusee that would take too long to list here but I cannot reason why anyone would ever boot Atmosphere with Fusee instead of Hekate unless they are unaware of Kosmos.

You can try using hid-mitm.

It requires a lot of space on my micro SD card.

Where did you obtain this .NSP file from?

Use the real Tinfoil.

That is acceptable. He was simply saying that you do not have to swap SD cards if you could avoid it.

askara and pLaYeR^^ like this.
  15. akira022

akira022 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 1, 2010
    United States
    Had a heck of a time getting my ipatched 4.1.0 to cfw. the guide I followed had me skip a lot because of ipatch. Am I still needing to install something to protect my fuses? I believe that I need to keep sysnand at 4.1.0 to keep warmboot through fake news. so i am confused to how to update to play things like smash(dont care about playing online ever) as I would have to run an update. I cant use autorcm because of Ipatch and have to boot into sysnand to run caffeine. Am I still able to create an emunand or something like that....have it updated but leave the sysnand at 4.1.0 to use hax? if so, what are some of the best guides for my situation? ......and mega super thanks in advanced

16. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    You cannot prevent your fuses from being blown because you cannot enable AutoRCM and send a payload on coldboot to bypass the fuse check. All you can do is setup emuMMC and update that. If you need a guide, you can find one here

17. boooluk

boooluk Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 29, 2019
    United Kingdom
    wow, hekate interface has evolved it looks nice ( im in the middle to try updating the switch to 8.1)

Last edited by boooluk, Aug 13, 2019
  18. akira022

akira022 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 1, 2010
    United States
    Thank you....thank you ^_^

Draxzelex likes this.
  19. boooluk

boooluk Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 29, 2019
    United Kingdom
    problem updating to 8.1 it says in choi : missing 1 out of 213 required NCAs, (darthsternie failed me) though there are 213 ncas in the folder; oh well i guess im staying at 6.2
    Edit: i managed to install 8.1

Last edited by boooluk, Aug 14, 2019
  20. akira022

akira022 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 1, 2010
    United States
    do I use ChoiDujourNX for updating emummc since i cant have autoRCM?