Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Roonel

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Hi!
I have a switch running cfw with lots of nsps but I never went online with it. I would like to transfer one (locally created, no account linked) profile and its saves (no modifications or cheats have been applied) to a new, ofw switch to play with legal copies.

If I gathered my information correctly I can link an account to the said profile, perform a transfer and use the new console with cartridge games while having the saves from earlier.

Is the second, new switch save from bans this way? I don't really care if the original gets banned.

Thanks!

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool. What are the best ways to split it up? I can think of chainsaw only

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk
Any splitter tool will do although one that I personally know of is the Legal NSP splitter which works for more than just .NSP files.

Can ReiNX play NSP files with layeredFS modifications?
It should be able to.

Hi!
I have a switch running cfw with lots of nsps but I never went online with it. I would like to transfer one (locally created, no account linked) profile and its saves (no modifications or cheats have been applied) to a new, ofw switch to play with legal copies.

If I gathered my information correctly I can link an account to the said profile, perform a transfer and use the new console with cartridge games while having the saves from earlier.

Is the second, new switch save from bans this way? I don't really care if the original gets banned.

Thanks!
As long as the save file is not hacked or edited, the second console should be safe.

Reactions: Roonel

HE1NZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Can I go to sleep in emunanded Switch? I think I've read it's dangerous or something. Can I leave it in dock without powering off completely when I want to pause for a few hours?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I go to sleep in emunanded Switch? I think I've read it's dangerous or something. Can I leave it in dock without powering off completely when I want to pause for a few hours?
Not sure where you read it was dangerous but it is perfectly acceptable to leave your console in sleep mode or in the dock when in emuMMC.

Roonel

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
As long as the save file is not hacked or edited, the second console should be safe.
Thanks! What do you mean by hacked save file?
To specify I have an nsp installed BoTW (with expansion pass) on the switch and would like to use the save for a new console + cartridge.

CornyCactus

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi!

I was wondering if it's useful to have your nintendo account linked to your EmuMMC, since I've read that you apparently need it for some games to work.

hallo23

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What are the benefits of staying on a low fusecount (unpatched 4.1.0 fusecount) since emuNand is a thing now for Atmos?
My plan would be to restore my clean nand backup, update my Switch to the current fw(burn fuses) so I can go online again and do all the cfw stuff in/on the emuNand.

Would that make sense?

KakashisPeanut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys!
Recently got cfw running and working great thanks to this awesome forum!
My question relates to OS updates and sig patches. In the future if I buy a game cartridge (Luigis mansion 3/animal crossing hype). Will I also need new sig patches to play them if there is a new required OS update? How long do these usually take to release after the OS release?
Thanks!

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! What do you mean by hacked save file?
To specify I have an nsp installed BoTW (with expansion pass) on the switch and would like to use the save for a new console + cartridge.
A save file that is modified or not obtained legitimately (e.g. injecting someone else's save file).

Hi!

I was wondering if it's useful to have your nintendo account linked to your EmuMMC, since I've read that you apparently need it for some games to work.
Yes it is more useful to have a Nintendo Account linked than not.

What are the benefits of staying on a low fusecount (unpatched 4.1.0 fusecount) since emuNand is a thing now for Atmos?
My plan would be to restore my clean nand backup, update my Switch to the current fw(burn fuses) so I can go online again and do all the cfw stuff in/on the emuNand.

Would that make sense?
Right now, consoles with a fuse count of 5 or less (indicating a firmware version of 4.1 or lower) can run the Deja Vu exploit which boots you into CFW via a network connection. The advantages of this are not requiring a jig or USB cable in order to hack your console. This may change in the future if another exploit is released that only works on this or other lower firmware versions. This combined with the fact that it is easy to not burn fuses means I advise you not to burn fuses by updating to the current firmware versions. You have 3 options when it comes to updating without burning fuses:
  1. Using the homebrew application ChoiDujourNX which requires the usage of CFW & homebrew making it the riskiest method in terms of a ban compared to the other methods that I will list
  2. Updating the system while running CFW and having AutoRCM pre-enabled. What burns fuses is not the update itself but rather the console's stock bootloader. AutoRCM prevents you from using the console's stock bootloader by causing it to boot into RCM before the stock bootloader can run. This allows us to send a payload to act as a substitute bootloader to bypass the fuse check and thus avoid burning fuses. The reason you need to update in CFW is because system updates normally remove AutoRCM. However modern CFW prevents this meaning you must be running CFW when the system update is installed. This does not mean you have to download the system update in CFW as you can download it in OFW or Hekate's Stock mode in order to reduce your chances of a ban
  3. Manually rebooting the console into RCM after installing a system update. This is the safest but riskiest method of updating without burning fuses. This is the safest in terms of a ban because it requires no CFW or homebrew. However it is the riskiest because it relies upon your jig or whatever else you are using to boot into RCM and if that fails, you will irreversibly burn fuses. I only recommend trying out this method if you have a jig or equivalent with 100% efficacy. If you wish to try it out, you can follow this guide for a more detailed breakdown of the exact steps to take

Hi guys!
Recently got cfw running and working great thanks to this awesome forum!
My question relates to OS updates and sig patches. In the future if I buy a game cartridge (Luigis mansion 3/animal crossing hype). Will I also need new sig patches to play them if there is a new required OS update? How long do these usually take to release after the OS release?
Thanks!
Patches are only needed for games you do not legally own or are converted from ones you do own. And the patches are not made by any dedicated team or member so the time delay in their release varies.

SawzerRu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Latvia
1.Is it safe to use sleep mode on the latest Atmosphere?

2.Do i need to use DevMenu to delete a previous patch before installing the newest?

3.LAN-play is possible only between CFW consoles, right?

Thanks.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi.
long time!!!

is it safe to play backups in SX OS emunand and install everything on the microsd? (regarding bans)
Sure

1.Is it safe to use sleep mode on the latest Atmosphere?

2.Do i need to use DevMenu to delete a previous patch before installing the newest?

3.LAN-play is possible only between CFW consoles, right?

Thanks.
  1. Yes
  2. Not sure what patches you're referring to but DevMenu is rarely used nowadays
  3. LAN-play is possible between all consoles without CFW. Games that do not support LAN, meaning local wireless, do require CFW because a sysmodule is needed to convert the local wireless to LAN

Reactions: phanteon

SawzerRu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Latvia
Sure
  1. Not sure what patches you're referring to but DevMenu is rarely used nowadays
  2. LAN-play is possible between all consoles without CFW. Games that do not support LAN, meaning local wireless, do require CFW because a sysmodule is needed to convert the local wireless to LAN

1. Sorry. I mean patches for games. Do i need to delete previous patch (if i installed manually before) of a game somehow to install the newest?
2. Does it mean there are some titles where LAN-play is possible between CFW and OFW Switch?

I'am sleepy...

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
afaik there's a game installer in SX OS in the pictures app.
What is the sx installer for?
SX Installer is an application that is endorsed by TX but not made by them. It is made by a separate team who took inspiration from blawar's homebrew application, DZ.

1. Sorry. I mean patches for games. Do i need to delete previous patch (if i installed manually before) of a game somehow to install the newest?
2. Does it mean there are some titles where LAN-play is possible between CFW and OFW Switch?

I'am sleepy...
  1. No
  2. Yes, a list of them can be found here

Reactions: phanteon

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just booted into SX OS (no emunand).
is my console marked now? is it stored in logs or something?

Yes it's possible, but unlikely you could get banned and it could happen months from now even. May as well not stress over it. Of course if you continue to connect to cfw without emunand you increase your risk.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-