SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by epickid37, Nov 1, 2017.

1. tommills

tommills Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2011
    Hey Everyone,

im new to switch hacking and have just bought one this morning. I have few questions, heres my info.

I have just got bought a new nintendo switch on firmware 4.1.0 ipatched and have 64gb sdcard formatted to fat32. i have now installed Atmosphere CFW, Installed CFW Emunand and updated Emunand to 8.0.1 (ams 0.9.2).

1. When i boot into Cfw emunand it prompts to update controller, is this safe and ok to do?

2. I have installed Goldleaf 0.6.1.nro and have installed the Goldleaf Nsp successfully via sdcard install. When i load into Goldleaf via nro or nsp it does not show an option for usb installation.

i am following the install NSPs over USB Guide at switch.homebrew.guide

Step 1 #4 Choose USB Installation and choose start. there is no USB Installation to choose? can anyone help with this?

2. Corvans

Corvans Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 11, 2019
    Austria
    I have a switch with the ns atmosphere dongle, I haven't used it in a while, how can I play new games that require the latest switch firmware? Is there a way to "patch" the games so they work with lower firmwares or should I update the firmware itself? If so, is the only way to do it to update directly from the switch?
    Thank you

UPDATE: I just needed to update the exploit, now with tinfoil every game can be played with any firmware

Last edited by Corvans, Aug 11, 2019
  3. WiseFool

WiseFool GBAtemp Regular

Sep 3, 2018
    India
    Any help on this?

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk

4. tommills

tommills Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2011
    Update
    I have now installed Tinfoil and using NS-USBloader v0.5.2 and have USB installation working. Still would like to know why gold leaf doesn't show a usb installattion option in the menu though.

5. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    While I do not personally use emuMMC, from what I understand, creating a second partition is much like creating the first one and the guide you are following is written by a competent user so I think you will be just fine.

Yes or you can use the homebrew application ChoiDujourNX to install the exFAT drivers of any firmware you wish.

Is your SD card formatted as exFAT?

I wouldn't worry too much about it. Tinfoil is much more stable than Goldleaf when it comes to installing .NSP files.

Mythrandir likes this.
  6. WiseFool

WiseFool GBAtemp Regular

Sep 3, 2018
    India
    @Draxzelex please answer my query too

7. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

May 11, 2008
    United States
    Use an exFAT SD card to restore your NAND backup.

8. WiseFool

WiseFool GBAtemp Regular

Sep 3, 2018
    India
    That's the last option. I don't want to do it now.

I've already created my emummc partition and have it ready

9. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Just split the NAND backup into <4 GB parts however you want and place the parts into /backup/(emmc serial number)/restore. If you do not have this folder structure, simply run either backup/restore in Hekate once and Hekate will automatically create the proper directory.

10. WiseFool

WiseFool GBAtemp Regular

Sep 3, 2018
    India
    Cool. What are the best ways to split it up? I can think of chainsaw only

11. Pluupy

Pluupy _(:3」∠)_

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Can ReiNX play NSP files with layeredFS modifications?

12. Roonel

Roonel Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 11, 2019
    Japan
    Hi!
    I have a switch running cfw with lots of nsps but I never went online with it. I would like to transfer one (locally created, no account linked) profile and its saves (no modifications or cheats have been applied) to a new, ofw switch to play with legal copies.

If I gathered my information correctly I can link an account to the said profile, perform a transfer and use the new console with cartridge games while having the saves from earlier.

Is the second, new switch save from bans this way? I don't really care if the original gets banned.

Thanks!

13. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Any splitter tool will do although one that I personally know of is the Legal NSP splitter which works for more than just .NSP files.

It should be able to.

As long as the save file is not hacked or edited, the second console should be safe.

Roonel likes this.
  14. HE1NZ

HE1NZ GBAtemp Regular

May 3, 2012
    Serbia, Republic of
    Can I go to sleep in emunanded Switch? I think I've read it's dangerous or something. Can I leave it in dock without powering off completely when I want to pause for a few hours?

15. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Not sure where you read it was dangerous but it is perfectly acceptable to leave your console in sleep mode or in the dock when in emuMMC.

16. HE1NZ

HE1NZ GBAtemp Regular

May 3, 2012
    Serbia, Republic of
    Thanks, I'll do that.

Draxzelex likes this.
  17. Roonel

Roonel Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 11, 2019
    Japan
    Thanks! What do you mean by hacked save file?
    To specify I have an nsp installed BoTW (with expansion pass) on the switch and would like to use the save for a new console + cartridge.

18. CornyCactus

CornyCactus Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 11, 2019
    Netherlands
    Hi!

I was wondering if it's useful to have your nintendo account linked to your EmuMMC, since I've read that you apparently need it for some games to work.

19. hallo23

hallo23 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 13, 2009
    Germany
    What are the benefits of staying on a low fusecount (unpatched 4.1.0 fusecount) since emuNand is a thing now for Atmos?
    My plan would be to restore my clean nand backup, update my Switch to the current fw(burn fuses) so I can go online again and do all the cfw stuff in/on the emuNand.

Would that make sense?

20. KakashisPeanut

KakashisPeanut Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 11, 2019
    United States
    Hi guys!
    Recently got cfw running and working great thanks to this awesome forum!
    My question relates to OS updates and sig patches. In the future if I buy a game cartridge (Luigis mansion 3/animal crossing hype). Will I also need new sig patches to play them if there is a new required OS update? How long do these usually take to release after the OS release?
    Thanks!

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted