SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by epickid37, Nov 1, 2017.

1. werneck14

werneck14 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 19, 2017
    Brazil
    What is the best way to setup Emunand, having a switch currently at CFW 8.1.0 (Atmosphere 0.9.3) and clean nand backup OFW 7.0.1. Also I have a 128gb sd card. Should I just Partition de Micro Sd and copy the contents of my Custom Switch directly to the emunand? Also do i need to restore the clean nand to setup the Emunand at first place?

Last edited by werneck14, Aug 10, 2019
  2. Riggan

Riggan Member

Newcomer
    Aug 1, 2019
    United States
    Question about installing Super Smash Bros Ultimate;

I just got my new SD Card formatted FAT32 (32768 allocation size) and everything from the previous card copied over.

I have 23 NSP files total for SSB. Looks like the base game, the v4 update, and 21 add-ons (seems unusually high). Just want to make sure I have the process understood correctly; install the base game first, then the v4 update, and then all 21 add-ons?

3. techmob

techmob Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 3, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Install base game
    Install add one individually
    Then the update

Anyone know how to stop games giving you the update software available message.
    Quite annoying.

4. JustANoob;)

JustANoob;) Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 12, 2016
    United States
    Computer
    So I set up everything and haven't done much other than set up emuMMC and download RetroArch to mess around with. From here, is playing online on OFW 8.1.0 safe to do, assuming I've set everything up correctly? I want to use emuMMC for homebrew and such and OFW for online play, if possible.

5. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

May 11, 2008
    United States
    Follow this guide to setup emuNAND. Setup the emuNAND using the SD card you want to use. Don't restore the clean NAND backup to your sysNAND until after you make your emuNAND. After you make your emuNAND, you will move the contents of the /Nintendo/ folder to the appropriate location so it can be read by your emuNAND instead, which should be a copy of your dirty sysNAND as it is now.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

That's all correct. Smash also has a lot of DLC. This is approximately correct (I don't remember the exact number).

Install the game update.

If your sysNAND is clean (i.e. You have never used hacks with it), then yes, it should be safe to use online play with your sysNAND. Make sure your dirty emuNAND is offline (or you have 90DNS and/or Incognito installed to your emuNAND).

werneck14, Riggan and JustANoob;) like this.
  6. JustANoob;)

JustANoob;) Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 12, 2016
    United States
    Computer
    I never did anything on sys, and I have 90DNS set up on the emu. Thanks!

Lacius likes this.
  7. B4rtj4h

B4rtj4h Gaming addict #2 and some

Apr 16, 2007
    Netherlands
    Bikini Bottom
    Are the “Switch V2” also hackable?

8. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

May 11, 2008
    United States
    No. Only the following Switch systems are hackable:
    1. Unpatched systems (this includes all systems sold before July 2018, but they can still be found in stores).
    2. Patched systems on 4.1.0 that have never connected to the internet before
    Always check the serial number for an unpatched model before making a purchase.
    Patched systems on 5.0.0-7.0.1 might be hackable someday in the distant future as long as they're never updated and never connected to the internet.

9. NANASHI89

NANASHI89 GBAtemp Addict

May 3, 2012
    United States
    How to remove certificate from switch game card(s)? My old Switch is banned, and I dumped my cartridges on my old Switch, so I can use them on the Switch Lite.

10. WiseFool

WiseFool GBAtemp Regular

Sep 3, 2018
    India
    I know the process. Only issue is I have a single backup file using exfat. But now my SD card is in fat 32 format. How do I split it into smaller sizes?

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk

11. Riggan

Riggan Member

Newcomer
    Aug 1, 2019
    United States
    Just the man I was hoping to see! Thanks for clarifying. I thought that procedure was right, but I wasn't sure if it was safe to do all those add-ons. About to try it now.

12. WiseFool

WiseFool GBAtemp Regular

Sep 3, 2018
    India
    The question is I have a single backup file from when I created (exfat). Now I moved to fat32 so how can I copy the backup file into the SD and restore the nand?

13. ScrPotato

ScrPotato GBAtemp Regular

Aug 3, 2019
    United States
    in your closet
    Fat32 Limits so that it can only get files max 4gb, you need to move the files in bits.

Your GameCards shouldn't be banned unless you went and uploaded the xci in the internet.

14. WiseFool

WiseFool GBAtemp Regular

Sep 3, 2018
    India
    And that exactly is my question. How do I move a 30gb nand backup into a fat32 card. Is there some tool to split it up and put so that hekate will recognise it?

Just saying move it in parts doesn't solve the issue. How do I move it in parts?

15. Mythrandir

Mythrandir Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 12, 2015
    United States
    Valinor
    I've decided I would like to create two emuMMC partitions. Would following this guide to create two unformatted partitions at 29.16 GB be fine? Are there any extra steps I need to follow when creating two emuMMC partitions as opposed to one? I just don't want to make this difficult for myself if there is something I'm missing.

16. SawzerRu

SawzerRu Member

Newcomer
    Jul 5, 2019
    Latvia
    If i already have the exFAT driver on my 8.1.0 OFW do i need to "safely update" to get that exFAT driver working on Atmosphere?

17. WiseFool

WiseFool GBAtemp Regular

Sep 3, 2018
    India
    Why would you create 2 emummc?

ScrPotato likes this.
  18. Vorodor21

Vorodor21 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 11, 2019
    United States
    Hopefully quick question. I'm running into an odd situation. I have a console that I'm having some issues with.

I'm able to get the console into RCM and am able to get into the Hekate menu. I've been able to create an emuMMC and it says it is active. However when I try to boot into Atmosphere from Hekate the system runs through a handful of the splashscreens and then seemingly goes back into RCM mode. Has anyone heard of this happening?

19. asdfmann

asdfmann Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 11, 2019
    Germany
    I suddenly get the error message "Could not start the software. Please try again from the HOME menu".
    I also can't install software with goldleaf (v0.5). Error messages are "Invalid path" and "Invalid USB command (5)"
    As far as I could gather myself, these errors occur with missing sig patches. But they are installed.

It first started happening after updating to Atmosphere 0.9.3 (but I'm not sure that was the cause).
    Reverting back to the previous version later didn't fix the problem.
    At first it only refused to launch some games, but in the process of trying to fix the problem, now none work at all.

Other things:
    Firmware version is 8.1.0
    I am using emuMMC

Fixing the archive bit in hekate gives unstable results.
    The recursive fix for the file system seems to work properly. Sometimes it finds a few files after mounting the card in Windows or Linux and
    Fixing nintendo always returns "Total archive bits fixed: 36". Even if done twice in a row.
    mtools shows archive bits all cleared except for /nintendo/contents/registered (all set)

Windows explorer displays folder properties on the SD card with "half ticked" read only flag (some elements are read only). After unticking, applying and checking properties again, the tick is set again.
    mtools shows file read only flags all cleared.
    diskpart shows the partition read only flag as not set.
    fsck.vfat reports no errors.

The next thing I'd try is to reformat the card and start from scratch, but I really want to keep my save files.

20. ScrPotato

ScrPotato GBAtemp Regular

Aug 3, 2019
    United States
    in your closet
    The save files are stored in the NAND or in your case emuNAND, So backup your NAND before formatting.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted