SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by epickid37, Nov 1, 2017.

1. darkriku2000

darkriku2000 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 13, 2009
    United States
    Yeah I'm pretty sure it wasn't possible on the DS carts either. Not without physically modifying the cartridge that is which most people are likely not interested in doing.

2. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    It is impossible to play the latest update of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate without updating to firmware 8.X. I highly recommend updating your firmware with the homebrew application, ChoiDujourNX.

Not yet but you can follow this thread for updates.

3. En3S

En3S Member

Newcomer
    Aug 2, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Hey i have reinx on 6.2 and didnt do anything to my switch since then. I wasnt active on the scene either. Now i want to update my reinx and firmware. In what order do i do that? First reinx, then with choidujournx the fw?

4. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Since the latest version of ReiNX has some issues with firmware versions below 7.0, update your firmware before updating your CFW.

5. En3S

En3S Member

Newcomer
    Aug 2, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Alright. I read that atmosphere is a better choice now. Is that really the case? And can i switch the cfw from reinx to atmosphere w/o a problem?

6. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    While you can switch CFW, there is not much difference between the two except for emuMMC.

7. keven3477

keven3477 Fresh Prince of Lemonade

Jul 12, 2012
    United States
    Somewhere i can never find.
    I know about choidujour and even have it ready I just wanted to know if that was my only choice so i dont miss out on lower firmware stuff in the future, thanks anyways guess ill update.

Draxzelex likes this.
  8. bird333

bird333 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2018
    United States
    I have 3 partitions on my SD card. I have setup emunand on one of the partitions. How do I setup a second emunand on the other partition? When I click 'create emummc', it says 'found applicable partition [Part 1] which is where the original emunand is. Does it automatically pick the next available partition? I don't see a way to select which partition I want it to install to.
    Extra question: There are some screenshots that don't show up in my emunand but are in my sysnand. Can I just copy the images from the Nintendo/Album folder to the emunand Nintendo/Album folder? Only caveat to that is that the images are buried in multiple sub-folders. Can I just copy the images to the 'Album' root or do I need to copy all the sub-folders too?

9. Lanc3r

Lanc3r Member

Newcomer
    Feb 23, 2016
    Greece
    I'm in original FW 4.1.0 never connected to internet. i backup my system and set it for kosmos NX v13.2.
    Have some questions and need help.
    1. Can I sent payload and automatically start the CFW?
    2a. When I launch CFW to emummc (through hekate ctcaer mod v5.0.1 & Nyx v0.8.1) it displays that my current system version is 4.1.0 |AMS 0.9.3|S. It shouldn't displays current system version 8.1.0?
    2b. Will I face any problem with that system version in playing the new games?
    3. For some reason I can't boot hekate ctcaer v5.0.1 + nyx with the sd card inside my console. It launches only hekate ctcaer mod v5.0.1. Any help with that?
    4. should i need anything else except gold leaf for using my switch in its full potential?

Thanks in advance.

10. Krushx

Krushx Member

Newcomer
    Aug 12, 2019
    Germany
    Did a quick setup on my second switch, it says 8.1.0 | AMS 0.9.3 | E
    Is my emuNAND set up the right way?
    Should I need to do anything else except configuring 90DNS?

11. boooluk

boooluk Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 29, 2019
    United Kingdom
    as far as i have seen from others yeah if it says 8.1.0/ams 0.9.3.e; you are on emunand

12. renswic

renswic Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 28, 2019
    United States
    Hello. I recently picked up a switch and first thing I did was install cfw. Everything is going well on it and I couldn't be happier I just have a couple of stupid questions that I was hoping you guys could answer.

I primarily use my phone to start the CFW and it's kind of a hassle using a 6-inch otg cable and then a 3 foot USB c cable and was wondering if you can use a generic USB c to USB c to send the payload or not.

Also currently using a 64GB SD card space is going away swiftly on this thing if I were to update to a bigger SD card is it as simple as it was with the 3DS where it was copy paste everything to the new card.

Not sure if it matters with my questions but it's a launch switch running 8.1.0, latest versions of hekate and atmosphere

Last edited by renswic, Aug 15, 2019
  13. boooluk

boooluk Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 29, 2019
    United Kingdom
    for the part if you can use a usb c to usb c to send payload instead of dongles, otg and such, yes you definitely can, i have seen it

Last edited by boooluk, Aug 15, 2019
  14. Lucaniel

Lucaniel Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 25, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Just a quick question so I don't meander around the site. If I buy a used Switch that had a patchable serial number, does it being on a certain firmware block me from cfw-ing it? Thanks in advance.

15. boooluk

boooluk Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 29, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Last edited by boooluk, Aug 15, 2019
  16. renswic

renswic Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 28, 2019
    United States
    From my research when I did mine last week all firmwares on patchable consoles were able to have CFW. I ended up doing a stock update from 4 something to 8.1.0. before doing mine

17. aarti

aarti Killua Zoldyck

Jul 24, 2017
    Germany
    If you don't have an emuMMC partition you can just copy the files to the new sd card.

18. renswic

renswic Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 28, 2019
    United States
    All I did was a fat32 format, so I should be able to just copy to new correct

19. aarti

aarti Killua Zoldyck

Jul 24, 2017
    Germany
    Yes

20. Tonestar0

Tonestar0 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 15, 2019
    United States
    How do i ask questions or post

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I have a 64 gb mem card , I got a 256 to upgrade , I tried to simply copy and paste from the 64 to 256 then ran my payload as usual it seems to load but goes blank on my switch screen at the very end . I also formatted the 256 with the only option exfat. Can someone help ?

I have a 64 gb mem card , I got a 256 to upgrade , I tried to simply copy and paste from the 64 to 256 then ran my payload as usual it seems to load but goes blank on my switch screen at the very end . I also formatted the 256 with the only option exfat. Can someone help ?