SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by epickid37, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    People on the forum can't link you website to warez, so don't ask on any threads or asks them to inbox you.

2. CassioAug

CassioAug Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 20, 2019
    Brazil
    CFW: Atmosphere (I like SX OS too, but this is paid)
    About the other question, we are not allowed to talk about it, even through PM.

3. mcabel

mcabel Member

Newcomer
    Jun 6, 2018
    United States
    1)hi, Is there any downside to upgrading to 7.0.1 (or higher?)

2)would pressing home cause to boot to ofw or any problem?

3)would pressing "reboot" instead of power off trigger ofw?

4) Also, anytime after upgrading that one chooses to load ofw from hecate, it would burn a fuse right?

Last edited by mcabel, May 28, 2019
  4. CassioAug

CassioAug Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 20, 2019
    Brazil
    1) If I'm not mistaken, 7.0.1 is the best fw currently, being the best "up-to-date x support" fw.

2) Not sure if I understood, but no... why would it?

3) If you enable AutoRCM, no, it won't. If AutoRCM isn't enabled, then if you forget to use the jig it WILL boot in OFW.

4) This someone else would need to confirm, but it seems that if you load OFW FROM Hekate, no, it would not burn fuses.

mcabel likes this.
  5. EmulateLife

EmulateLife GBAtemp Psycho!

May 30, 2016
    United States
    8.0.1 can do everything 7.0.1 can do now, plus play newer games.

6. EbTar

EbTar Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 29, 2019
    Kuwait
    I solved the issue, the problem was when I was trying to combine the rawnand files using the script in the hekate github, I was not waiting till the end and just closed it (impaience and excitement got the best of me), which resulted in an incomplete rawnand

Waiting till the script closes itself on its own and then retrying the HacDiscMount verification worked for me.

Thanks.

Draxzelex likes this.
  7. gavinfriday69

gavinfriday69 Member

Newcomer
    May 3, 2019
    Belgium
    I would like to convert XCI to NSP but I read somewhere that you need to have a keys.txt file. There is a method with lockpick.nro but I thought it was no longer valid with firmware above 7.0

the switch keys is not the same as CERT is it? Why do you need the keys for?

8. Budsixz

Budsixz GBAtemp Fan

Oct 27, 2018
    India
    guys is there any drawback of going to fw8.0? I am currently on fw7.0.1

9. CanIHazWarez

CanIHazWarez GBAtemp Regular

Jan 21, 2016
    United States
    Sorry for the late reply, I don't typically check the forums on weekends/evenings/holidays. That does not change my suggestions. If he gets banned, he will probably lose eshop access. However since his system is hacked, he can just install backups of those games anyway. If he wants to play online/use online features, he may as well risk the ban because if you perpetually stay offline, it's like you banned yourself. However, I would definitely impliment emunand and keep my hacking and online environments separate (different NANDs).

MgcCpnMario likes this.
  10. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    Use Lockpick_RCM

https://github.com/shchmue/Lockpick_RCM

11. SuperSayianGod

SuperSayianGod GBAtemp Fan

Dec 31, 2016
    United States
    Asgard
    Thanks for the reply. What is Atmosphere? like I said I'm a total noob to switch hacking so I'm not sure about what's best for me to do. Where should I start? Where do I look for THAT program to get games. What's 90DNS? If you can Help and don't want to post reply here please PM me.

12. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    Atmosphere is the CFW, 90DNS is used to block connection to Nintendo Server. Don't asks where to get games that is against the policy of the forum. You gotta look for games in XCI/NSP format on other sites.

13. gavinfriday69

gavinfriday69 Member

Newcomer
    May 3, 2019
    Belgium
    • Launch Lockpick_RCM.bin using your favorite payload injector
    • Upon completion, keys will be saved to /switch/prod.keys on SD
    • If the console has Firmware 7.x, the /sept/ folder from Atmosphère or Kosmos release zip containing both sept-primary.bin and sept-secondary.enc must be present on SD or else only keyblob master key derivation is possible (ie. up to master_key_05 only)

with the SX dongle, in the main menu I can choose to inject another payload

Does the "/sept/" folder needs to be present with SXOS as well?

14. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    Yes it looks for that when generating the keys.

15. Sethtimus Prime

Sethtimus Prime GBAtemp Regular

Nov 16, 2012
    United States
    If I only play on emunand, should I just keep my sysnand at 6.2 and use ChoiDujourNX to update my emunand?

16. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    Keep it as low as possible if you are only using emunand, just update that via ChoidujourNX.

17. SuperSayianGod

SuperSayianGod GBAtemp Fan

Dec 31, 2016
    United States
    Asgard
    Why? is asking where to find games against the policy of the forum. With the Wii U it was just a program people used to download games from the eshop. What format of games does Atmosphere run so I know what to look for? Is there a Guide on How to install Atmosphere and 90DNS. Can Saves be downloaded and injected into the Switch as the Wii U could? Is there a guide for that? Sorry for all the question I just want to get all the Info before I start messing with the switch.

18. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    Yup asking for warez is against the rule on the forum, for the wii u it was a program but people still can't link keys for that program on the website, if they linked keys they will still get modded. As for Switch games there is no specific windows program to download them, you have to look for them on other website, but you can also try HBG shop but download take a while for larger file, again people can't link it since it is warez. Anyway if you want you can look at the guide.sdsetup page below. Switch save can be inject as long they are decrypted and injected via app like JKSM, Checkpoint etc. Alternative to 90DNS would be Blawar's Incognito.

https://guide.sdsetup.com/
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/incognito.531924/
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/90dns-dns-server-for-blocking-all-nintendo-servers.516234/

Last edited by Hayato213, May 28, 2019
  19. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Not that much especially if you are updating without burning fuses such as with ChoiDujourNX.

mcabel, Budsixz and Hayato213 like this.
  20. Kubez

Kubez GBAtemp Regular

Jan 4, 2019
    United States
    90DNS is a dns configuration that blocks all Nintendo servers. Atmosphere is a switch cfw that has been in development for a while and in my opinion the best. Btw, sx os steals code from atmosphere and makes you pay for it, that’s why I hate sx os so much.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted