SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by epickid37, Nov 1, 2017.

1. CassioAug

CassioAug Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 20, 2019
    Brazil
    Have you tried with NX-Shell? It's a file manager, you may be able to locate the game folder and delete it from there if there's any remaining files. If I'm not mistaken the name of the folder is the game ID (you may be able to google it, or maybe it's the name of your NSP file).

2. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Use something else to install it via USB like Adubbz Tinfoil

3. ars25

ars25 I like tacos and pie

Oct 21, 2010
    United States
    the world that never was
    Ok so i recently hacked my switch and before i did i made a clean nand backup and removed all internet connections from my system inorder to prevent a ban. Now my question is when m4xw's emunand comes out and i restore my clean nand back and make my hacked nand the emunand on a seperate Micro SD. i should be fine to play online on my clean nand right?

4. gavinfriday69

gavinfriday69 Member

Newcomer
    May 3, 2019
    Belgium
    If you find an XCI title somewhere... how can you check if that version has the proper languages that you're looking for... sometimes it says .. WORLD .. EUR.. sometimes no specifications.
    Is there a site/list/program where it can be checked or looked for? If possible before dowloading because I have one where the XCI get scanned but therefore you need to have it on you hard disk first.

5. sergux

sergux Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2018
    Afghanistan
    Yes

6. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

GBAtemp Patron
    pLaYeR^^ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
    If the website where you download the XCIs or NSPs doesn't show the region I personally wouldn't even download the game. NSPs are region free so you don't have to care about the region. For XCIs you need to make sure you download the game with the correct language. If your not sure, simply get it from another website.

7. CassioAug

Newcomer
    May 20, 2019
    Brazil
    You can open it with XCI Explorer, and I'm pretty certain it will tell you the region of your file: https://github.com/StudentBlake/XCI-Explorer/

--

I have a question about the Nand backup. With a clean Nand, I know it's possible to compress it from 29GB to something like 400mb.

I tried compressing my latest Nand using 7zip, and it shortened from 29GB to 23GB. Used standard 7zip compression (just selected to compress in normal speed / compression mode, without changing any settings, to 7z format).

Is the method of compression that I use bad, or this is related solely to the fact that I'm not using a clean Nand anymore?

Last edited by CassioAug, May 27, 2019
  8. A Generic User

A Generic User GBAtemp Regular

Aug 24, 2015
    United States
    I don't use 7-zip, but if there is a higher compression level (such as best, instead of standard), you should use that. My NAND backup went down to around 475 megabytes with it.

CassioAug likes this.
  9. CassioAug

Newcomer
    May 20, 2019
    Brazil
    I have SX OS and would like to have Atmosphere alongisde with it. If I get both files and put them all in my SD, as long as inject the right payload, will I be able to boot both?

Is it possible or one file would overwrite the other? And is it safe?

10. Ericlered

Ericlered Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 7, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Hello, I want to finally setup my Switch for the first time, just to make sure it works ok, before the 12 month warranty runs out...

Can I safely turn it on, go through any setup, without updating it, without setting up any nintendo account etc. as I will most likely want to use it in the future for homebrew / cfw ?

and safely play any of the game cartridges I have bought so far?

Thanks!

11. Kubez

Kubez GBAtemp Regular

Jan 4, 2019
    United States
    If you don’t install nsps you should be good on cfw. Oh and of course don’t do obvious ban stuff, and use atmosphere, it should be the safest in terms of bans.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Last edited by Kubez, May 27, 2019
  12. Aukwabit

Aukwabit Newbie

Newcomer
    May 27, 2019
    United States
    OK long story short, Im getting a switch sometime this summer from a friend who's going to get it from lucky strikes (like Dave and busters)

I want to be able to get hacked Pokémon to play by myself. Last time I did this was on my 3DS XL.

My questions are, is it still possible for me to download the custom firmware, and are the newest Pokémon games available to get hacked Pokémon into it? I doubt sword and shield will be cause it's not even out yet.

13. Kubez

Kubez GBAtemp Regular

Jan 4, 2019
    United States
    It might be patched. Check the serial number first.

14. EbTar

EbTar Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 29, 2019
    Kuwait
    So i did a nand backup and saved the biskeys as well, I am trying to verify the nand using the HackDiscMount but i get this message:

Loaded primary GPT, checking secondary from offset 31268535808
    Not enough bytes reading secondary GPT header from offset 31268535808
    Using primary GPT as backup is bad

Does this mean, the backup was not successful and I need to redo it?

Any advice would be appreciated.
    Thanks.[/warning]

Last edited by EbTar, May 27, 2019
  15. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Well you can't boot both simultaneously but none of the files overlap each other.

Yes
    How did you dump the NAND? If you used Hekate, did you have verification on?

CassioAug likes this.
  16. Sparky076

Sparky076 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2016
    United States
    I have an early model of the Nintendo Switch, one that is not iPatched at all, and I use Fusee Gelee. It was on 4.1.0, and I've updated it to 6.2.0 via ChoiDujourNX. Is it safe to update (via ChoiDujourNX) to 7.0.1? What about 8.0.1?

17. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    I mean CFW works on both firmware versions but 7.0.1 is a bit more stable than 8.0.1. Not to mention that nothing apart from online play requires 8.X. Lastly, since you're updating without burning fuses anyway, you can always just downgrade if you run into any issues.

18. mcabel

mcabel Member

Newcomer
    Jun 6, 2018
    United States
    I did this guide until this step. https://guide.sdsetup.com/gettingstarted/safetyprecautions

Now I'm trying to boot into rcm again, but when I inject the payload I see a splash screen of kosmos/hecate for a second, but then it seems to boot to ofc. Is there something I should do to boot to rcm again?

19. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Reread Step 1 of the guide you just linked.

mcabel likes this.
  20. SuperSayianGod

SuperSayianGod GBAtemp Fan

Dec 31, 2016
    United States
    Asgard

Okay to find the program for getting games where do I look???? if you can't say where here then Pm me the reply containing the Information. it's been a while since I've done any hacking so I'm not too familiar with it anymore and the switch is new to me. What cfw should I use that would work the best?

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted