SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by epickid37, Nov 1, 2017.

1. CanIHazWarez

CanIHazWarez GBAtemp Regular

Jan 21, 2016
    United States
    Where did they steal the emunand code from?

2. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    He is talking about the base SX OS code that is based off Atmosphere.

3. CanIHazWarez

Jan 21, 2016
    United States
    Sorry, I was being facetious. I can understand the frustration, but SX is still the best way to hack your Switch. Importantly, it's the only CFW that currently supports emunand (not just coming soon™). They also have the best dongle. So it's not like you get nothing for your money.

CassioAug likes this.
  4. Kubez

Kubez GBAtemp Regular

Jan 4, 2019
    United States
    its Also closed source, and used to have brick code in it. How is it the best when it’s base is atmosphere? Plus not everyone wants to pay for a closed source cfw.

5. CanIHazWarez

Jan 21, 2016
    United States
    Trying to brick people was a douche move. That doesn't mean it's not the best cfw, though. It's the only one that supports playing XCI without install. More importantly, it's still the only one with emunand which is hugely important if you want to play legit games online in sysnand without getting banned. I understand why you might not be a fan, but that doesn't change what the software is capable of. To each their own, I suppose.

6. EmulateLife

EmulateLife GBAtemp Psycho!

May 30, 2016
    United States
    I use SX OS because of external hard drive playability, otherwise I'd never use it but I need that.

7. Kubez

Kubez GBAtemp Regular

Jan 4, 2019
    United States
    Lmao I’m not banned In atmosphere. Just don’t pirate games.

8. Duppex

Duppex Member

Newcomer
    Aug 26, 2016
    United Kingdom
    I have Dragon Marked for death installed with Update 2.1.0, some DLC. All seems working but I noticed this game also a few others have an SD card type icon beside them in my games library.

Does anyone know what's up with this?

Ta

9. xdarkmario

xdarkmario Philosopher

Dec 30, 2010
    United States
    Mushroom Kingdom
    why cant i use tinfoil GUI/lithium when kosmos is installed? tinfoil blocks me and says you must uninstall kosmos. i have a very specific setup and cannot remove hekate.

10. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    Disagreement between Blawar and Kosmos team.

11. Kubez

Kubez GBAtemp Regular

Jan 4, 2019
    United States
    That’s tinfoils fault. Don’t use it lol.

12. CassioAug

CassioAug Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 20, 2019
    Brazil
    I don't use it myself, but I already tried and I remeber this red screen description. If I'm not mistaken you can ignore it, and even select to not show again... but would it be safe?

13. viperman99

viperman99 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 28, 2019
    United States
    Hey I'm brand new here and I have a question. I'm running Atmosphere and I'm on 8.0.1 What I am trying to do is run retroarch with full ram access to get N64 emulation to run. I don't have any NSP's installed. It is my understanding that the newest version of atmosphere (which I have) allows for the homebrew menu to be opened with full ram access by holding R and opening one of your games from the home screen (I don't have any). My question is what would be the simplest way to either A) Install a game that can be booted from the homescreen (is there some homebrew .nsp I could install?), or B) find some other workaround to get retroarch to run with full RAM access in Atmosphere.

Any help is appreciated!

For the record I have tried the .nsp forwarding version of retroarch that came out a while ago but it was incompatible with the newest version of retroarch (1.7.7) which is the one I have installed.

14. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    Tinfoil work up to 1.55 with Kosmos so for people who want to use it they can use 1.55.

CassioAug likes this.
  15. rechuchin

rechuchin Newbie

Newcomer
    May 26, 2019
    Ecuador
    Even if i make a factory reset?

16. EmulateLife

EmulateLife GBAtemp Psycho!

May 30, 2016
    United States
    That won't change anything. You can only wait and hope.

17. CassioAug

CassioAug Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 20, 2019
    Brazil
    Yes. Factory reset does not downgrade your system. Its literally impossible to downgrade with a patched unit nowadays.

18. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    The exploit got patched in 8.0.0 so anything higher than 8.0.x can't use the Deja Vu exploit.

Kubez likes this.
  19. Kubez

Kubez GBAtemp Regular

Jan 4, 2019
    United States
    Yes, factory resetting doesn’t downgrade at all.

20. SuperSayianGod

SuperSayianGod GBAtemp Fan

Dec 31, 2016
    United States
    Asgard
    Thanks for the guides. So I was looking for those xci/nsp site like you suggested. 1 site uses torrent downloads and uses a slower method like uploader.com to download directly from but could take hours. I'm still looking for other sites with a faster download method. Have not checked out HBG yet but will soon. After finding games I want they may ask for Updates and some have DLC so my question now is how is that handled and do i need to find a site that has all game+update+dlc. (Example - BOTW I know for sure it has 3 DLC and needs game updates to run because of the Wii u version did).

Is there a guide for decrypting and injecting my own saves or other saves to and from the switch.

What's the biggest SD card I can use for the switch safely without it crashing.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted