Incognito

incognito
Wipes personal information from your Nintendo Switch by removing it from prodinfo.

purpose
a) So your switch can go online without worrying about a ban or using random dogdy DNS servers that are also likely to get you banned.

b) so malicious homebrew applications cannot steal your personal certificate.

disclaimer
Always have a nand backup. I am not responsible for any bricks or bans. Use at your own risk, experimental.

This application backs up your prodinfo to the SD root, you should keep this backup in a more secure location, and not leave it on the SD card where malicious applications can read it.

https://github.com/blawar/incognito

edit: atmosphere blocks writes to CAL0, so you must use ReiNX or SX OS to install this. Once installed, you can switch back to atmosphere.

Cogn_mode-225x225.png

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
incognito
Wipes personal information from your Nintendo Switch by removing it from prodinfo.

purpose
a) So your switch can go online without worrying about a ban or using random dogdy DNS servers that are also likely to get you banned.

b) so malicious homebrew applications cannot steal your personal certificate.

disclaimer
Always have a nand backup. I am not responsible for any bricks or bans. Use at your own risk, experimental.

This application backs up your prodinfo to the SD root, you should keep this backup in a more secure location, and not leave it on the SD card where malicious applications can read it.

https://github.com/blawar/incognito

Define dodgy DNS servers

Dionicio3

goat
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States
Wait how is 90dns dodgy?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

No, I mean in the scene, especially when it comes to homebrew, piracy, privacy and internet settings
That's why everything in the scene (except piracy) has a source code so you can check for yourself

AveSatanas

Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
Please don't spread misinformation. 90DNS is open source, and I encourage people to host a local instance if they don't trust me.

Addendum: It's true that N could hardcode IPs in an update, but you're not supposed to update anyways. I personally test new firmware etc to ensure that this isn't the case. If it happens, I'll release something else ASAP, but it's yet to happen. And FWIW, it's done as a DNS to make it work in OFW too (unlike for example SXOS' stealth mode).

None of your arguments apply to 90dns, it applies to limitations presented by DNS servers, so stop with the misinformation.

Last edited by AveSatanas,

blawar

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please don't spread misinformation. 90DNS is open source, and I encourage people to host a local instance if they don't trust me.

it’s not misinformation, using a custom dns server is prevent a ban is dodgy af. i took no position on the merits of your execution, just that the entire idea of using a custom dns server to prevent a ban is stupid and unreliable.

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
By removing prod info, can nintendo not ban/block your device from logging into their servers/downloading updates?

Or is this strictly a safety procedure for when we use homebrew online?
It's not removing prodinfo. It's like factory reset for prodinfo.

--
Is it contfirmed working with all newest CFWs for now?

Last edited by masagrator,

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@blawar So just to sum it up: If I would uninstall all NSPs and headerless XCIs I added to my homescreen in the first days of my SX OS usage and then use your tool, I would have what ppl call a "clean NAND" and could go online without being banned?
(not that I'm brave enough to try this lol)

Edit: Assuming that I'm not banned yet of course. :D

Paffo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'll join the conversation just to give a personal feedback on 90DNS.
I've a switch, i fully nand backuped it and then i modded it.
i've been online countless times with 90DNS enabled.
Once i've restored the intial backup i've been able to go online without problems, and i still do play online and use the eshop regularly, proving that 90DNS in fact does prevent a ban
(implying the nand backup you have is 100% clean).

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Here's the thing about clearing logs. If you've ever logged in online to Nintendo servers with your switch then they have a time-stamped log with all of your console's information from logs.

So if you use this application to "clean" your switch when you've already logged in, that is a instant red flag to Nintendo. No consumer has the capability to clear logs from their system and this would be proof of modification allowing Nintendo to initiate a ban.
I thought about this as well. Sounds very logical to me.
Unfortunately my history is the following:
  1. been on 3.0.0 using the hbmenu when it was available only there, never going online
  2. made a 3.0.0 nand/boot backup with hekate
  3. fusee gelee leaked so I updated to the latest firmware (which was 4.1 at that time) to be able to play more games than just MK8D and BotW
    (did that with Raj's long and complicated tutorial as that was a few days before he released ChoiDujourNX)
  4. before I started using a CFW (SX OS was the only one back then) I went to the eShop to buy a few games and linked my account to Ninty obviously
  5. started using SX OS on 4.1 with a few XCIs from BBB
  6. did something stupid (although reading reports of others doing the same which are still not banned): I used SX OS to put Mario Tennis Aces on my homescreen (just XCI, not NSP), connected to my WiFi and updated the game to the then most recent update the official way
  7. after that I never went online (without 90DNS) again
Givin the fact that I was able to enter the eShop and buy games and that I was still able to update a game a week later I still might not be banned but who knows. Maybe the wave hit me just a week after my last online appearance without me knowing it.

However if I would ever try to go online again my only choice would be to restore my 3.0.0 backup (as I did not make one after my eShop purchases on 4.1 which was pretty stupid), update to at least 4.1 and go online from there again but if they have a timestamped log I'm doomed.

I don't know how that prodinfo stuff looks like but an editor would be much more helpful than a full wipe tool, at least for me. :P

Reactions: I_AM_L_FORCE

blawar

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@blawar So just to sum it up: If I would uninstall all NSPs and headerless XCIs I added to my homescreen in the first days of my SX OS usage and then use your tool, I would have what ppl call a "clean NAND" and could go online without being banned?
(not that I'm brave enough to try this lol)

Edit: Assuming that I'm not banned yet of course. :D

This works the opposite way, it wont unban your console. By implementing it, online nintendo services will stop working. What it does is, prevents your switch from being banned. If you remove all of your personal info, you can go online without worry because nintendo won't know which switch yours really is, so they cant ban it. Then you could restore your prodinfo later and go online again.

Reactions: Mothafuckka

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night