Incognito

incognito
Wipes personal information from your Nintendo Switch by removing it from prodinfo.

purpose
a) So your switch can go online without worrying about a ban or using random dogdy DNS servers that are also likely to get you banned.

b) so malicious homebrew applications cannot steal your personal certificate.

disclaimer
Always have a nand backup. I am not responsible for any bricks or bans. Use at your own risk, experimental.

This application backs up your prodinfo to the SD root, you should keep this backup in a more secure location, and not leave it on the SD card where malicious applications can read it.

https://github.com/blawar/incognito

edit: atmosphere blocks writes to CAL0, so you must use ReiNX or SX OS to install this. Once installed, you can switch back to atmosphere.

Cogn_mode-225x225.png

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
edit: atmosphere blocks writes to CAL0, so you must use ReiNX or SX OS to install this. Once installed, you can switch back to atmosphere.
I mean, I'm against this (you're just gonna end up with users that accidentally delete their prodinfo backup and then cant ever go online), but this I'm pretty sure this is patently false.

See the flags section of the Atmosphere documentation, you can enable CAL0 for homebrew although it's a stupid idea to do so.

Last edited by Ev1l0rd,

blawar

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean, I'm against this (you're just gonna end up with users that accidentally delete their prodinfo backup and then cant ever go online), but this I'm pretty sure this is patently false.

See the flags section of the Atmosphere documentation, you can enable CAL0 for homebrew although it's a stupid idea to do so.

I only use SX OS, so I don't know. I just got many reports of it not working on atmosphere, so I edited th post accordingly. If you post the instructions, i'll edit it in at the top.

Don Jon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
incognito
Wipes personal information from your Nintendo Switch by removing it from prodinfo.

purpose
a) So your switch can go online without worrying about a ban or using random dogdy DNS servers that are also likely to get you banned.

b) so malicious homebrew applications cannot steal your personal certificate.

disclaimer
Always have a nand backup. I am not responsible for any bricks or bans. Use at your own risk, experimental.

This application backs up your prodinfo to the SD root, you should keep this backup in a more secure location, and not leave it on the SD card where malicious applications can read it.

https://github.com/blawar/incognito

hmm i can finally use dz witout worrying about it stealing my certs!
thanks

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just want to say how much I really appreciate this tool, I've been wanting to be able to do this for a long time. Now I can give my Switch to my kid and not worry about what could happen if he disables airplane mode, connects to wifi at a friend's house or in public, etc. And it eases my mind about 90DNS. It's not that I don't trust AveSatanas or anything, I totally do, but I believe there's certain things Nintendo could do to ban units that use 90DNS. Like using a hardcoded IP, or maybe have a timebomb in their code where out of nowhere the Switch decides to use some obscure domain that nobody has stumbled across and 90DNS hasn't blocked.

I just really think this is the ultimate solution for making sure your Switch doesn't get banned while using CFW. Thank you very much.

JonJaded

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This works the opposite way, it wont unban your console. By implementing it, online nintendo services will stop working. What it does is, prevents your switch from being banned. If you remove all of your personal info, you can go online without worry because nintendo won't know which switch yours really is, so they cant ban it. Then you could restore your prodinfo later and go online again.

So is the only way to restore your prod info after going incognito to do a full nand restore?

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
This is just asking for people to brick their Switches....
Also, if you try to connect with this, there is a shit ton more that Nintendo can check to get your switch banned and not just your prodinfo, I mean this is whats get written in the error log and gets sent to Nintendo:
https://switchbrew.org/wiki/Error_Report_services

So they probably can ban you on your Mac address on the wifi-card if they so wish.
Also, what @blawar is talking about are DNS switches/leaks, and that isn't something that just happens magically. You ALWAYS take a risk using hacks. 90DNS works perfectly fine and I trust them more over this quite dangerous application.
Also, fucking shame on you! You learn mostly MORE at home than you do professionally and DNSes aren't really something hard to setup...

If you really want to go Online and still block Nintendo, setup your own OpenDNS if you don't trust 90DNS.

Discrediting a person based on learning stuff at home, wow... just baffles my mind.

Last edited by linuxares,
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is just asking for people to brick their Switches....
Also, if you try to connect with this, there is a shit ton more that Nintendo can check to get your switch banned and not just your prodinfo, I mean this is whats get written in the error log and gets sent to Nintendo:
https://switchbrew.org/wiki/Error_Report_services

So they probably can ban you on your Mac address on the wifi-card if they so wish.
Also, what @blawar is talking about are DNS leaks, and that isn't something that just happens magically. You ALWAYS take a risk using hacks. 90DNS works perfectly fine and I trust them more over this quite dangerous application.
Also, fucking shame on you! You learn mostly MORE at home than you do professionally and DNSes aren't really something hard to setup...

If you really want to go Online and still block Nintendo, setup your own OpenDNS if you don't trust 90DNS.

Discrediting a person based on learning stuff at home, wow... just baffles my mind.
Or if your more paranoid block em in router and use 90dns + pihole

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rip all of the people that ran this without doing a nand backup.

Not sure If I want to use this just yet.. Time to wait and see how it goes :ninja:

Essasetic

General Spectator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Welp. I can sense a brick wave incoming. Please do not run this unless you're on EmuNAND/have a NAND backup.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Pihole can do the exact same thing (+ more). Currently it's blocking Nintendo servers so I don't accidentally update.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1