RELEASE Incognito

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by blawar, Feb 21, 2019.

1. blawar
    OP

blawar Developer

pip Developer
    Nov 21, 2016
    United States
    just posted an update, it allows the importing of prodinfo files. in theory, if you imported a prodinfo from an unbanned console, it can unban a banned console.

2. huma_dawii

huma_dawii GBAtemp Psycho!

Apr 3, 2014
    United States
    Planet Earth
    Sounds too good to be true... xDD even if that "Unbanned console" is the same console now banned?
    Wouldn't Nintendo keep this server side?

3. blawar
    OP

blawar Developer

pip Developer
    Nov 21, 2016
    United States
    needs to be a console that is not banned by nintendo server side.

4. huma_dawii

Apr 3, 2014
    United States
    Planet Earth
    Let's say, my console is not banned (Because is not banned yet) i use this program.... i wont get banned because of using this program... cool?

Question:

Can i post to social media by using this program?

5. x0x0

x0x0 GBAtemp Fan

Nov 15, 2017
    Poland
    Inside the code
    Where is original prodinfo.bin ? i cannot see him on sdcard. (i restored it already, so where is he?)
    nvm i founded it was located in /switch

Last edited by x0x0, Feb 23, 2019
  6. Disharmony16

Disharmony16 ~DooM-BringeR~

Aug 31, 2015
    United States
    Troll Islands
    So if try this before hack, nsp and shit, then do hack nsp and that, then delete everything and restore the prodinfo i won't get banned? Or i still need to restore a clean nand backup

7. huma_dawii

Apr 3, 2014
    United States
    Planet Earth
    Did you check if you can post pictures on FB? I want to try this but not sure if i can post on FB.. that's literally the only thing i need to do :v

8. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Addict

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Hell
    And anyone who needs help finding the root of their SD card shouldn't be using something that fucks around with their prodinfo (which this application does)

Edit: corrected should to shouldn't (whoops lol)

Last edited by ZachyCatGames, Feb 23, 2019
  9. anakinvm

anakinvm GBAtemp Regular

Jun 30, 2008
    United States
    You still need a clean nand backup, your nand will be dirty with cfw and ilegal NSPs leftovers.

10. ReikaRin

ReikaRin GBAtemp Regular

Mar 21, 2018
    Indonesia
    fail to restore prodinfo from backup and from my nand using latest version (bug) ?
    but restored correctly with hacdiskmount

11. huma_dawii

Apr 3, 2014
    United States
    Planet Earth
    I was thinking about that, all the error logs and stuff will be all over the place! But if you do only games then you should be fine I think. But then again yhat's why we have EmuNAND in the first place.

12. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

Supervisor
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    A copyright is a legal concept in and out of itself, not just a legal device - it's quite literally the right to copy. They don't have to explicitly protect a particular part of their product - in the event of having to protect it in litigation, they can just rely on what's called "prior art". That's neither here nor there, the point is that it's plagiarism either way, and it's unnecessary - it's just an icon, it can be changed to something original quite easily. Even if we assume that the icon can be distributed as an individual piece of "art" as opposed to a part of the software package, as described under GPL, the person using it would still have to credit Google accordingly. The author would also have to include the permission notice with their product, which is a bit silly over what amounts to a couple of pixels.

13. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Guru

Jan 2, 2009
    Germany
    so now you can 'zero out' prodinfo and later restore it again with this?

no idea if its even involved, but will this interfere with anything else? like applying firmware updates or whatnot?

14. eyeliner

eyeliner Has an itch needing to be scratched.

Feb 17, 2006
    Portugal
    Still, @ZachyCatGames' stick is here, to keep me safe. It's 50ft worth of stick, y'all!

15. Andalitez

Andalitez GBAtemp Fan

Jul 2, 2018
    France
    Final Space
    So if I use this on emunand it only affects said emunand right?
    Then I can swop microSD cards and boot official firmware like nothing ever happened

16. blawar
    OP

blawar Developer

pip Developer
    Nov 21, 2016
    United States
    yes, it will only affect emunand

Andalitez likes this.
  17. JJTapia19

JJTapia19 I fight for my friends.

May 31, 2015
    Puerto Rico
    Couldn't we inject the prodinfo from another console with hackdiskmount? I heard it could but the console wouldn't boot up. Does incognito fix that? :O

18. CloudLep

CloudLep GBAtemp Regular

Feb 14, 2013
    Austria
    will this keep updates from being pushed to the system?

19. Cachuchin1

Cachuchin1 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2016
    United States
    Pretty good !!!! You can't get banned if you brick your switch ;) or lose your prodinfo .... Although I'm pretty interested in that claim that using a no banned prod info would unban my switch will wait for proof for that claim

20. bananapi761

bananapi761 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 8, 2016
    United Kingdom
    Norn Iron
    Are you sure? Tried it myself, flags can only allow reads from CAL0. If anyone can find out if there is a flag, It'd be great to know.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted