Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to let you know that Draxzelex helped get me up and running on a brand new Switch last week. The first thing I did was made a NAND backup and then went the homebrew route etc...everything seems mint and no major issues at all. I am even using exFAT and just upgraded to a 400GB SD card. I have yet to have some kind of corruption issue with the card like others said they have had....backed everything up just in case. So far I have thrown Arcade, PC Engine CD, TG 16 CD, Sega CD, Genesis, SNES , NES and Switch backups at it....all is well. It made the Switch even more amazing! Currently waiting on my Atmosphere payload pusher to arrive but other than that it's nice :) and just wanted to let you know that if you follow directions (and they are simple) you should be good and will certainly enjoy it.

Right, and I do get that, and the Switch scene has certainly exploded over time. That said, part of me is still wary, and I've no doubts that once I get it all up and running, it'll be all hunky dory but again, I'd feel awful if something went wrong; my brother's save data is on here too. I'll look around for a second Switch, I want to be 100% sure :P

Reactions: CobraX83

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
hi guys i went through some troubles.
Firstly, I have sometimes the 0x00234a02 error code with tinfoil while installing nsp. My solution was to redownload or re transfer my nsp to my sdcard and sometimes it worked.
I also had a trouble with captain toad. If i quit it, i can't launch it again ("the software closed because a problem occured"). My solution was to reinstall it or even reboot my switch to install it again.
Not sure what i did first but i :
- update ReiNX from 1.6 to 1.7
- tried to delete captain toad ticket with tinfoil (dont remember when) but since, tinfoil can't create the ticket and i can't launch the game (Switch want ti verify the property of the game)
- i used hekate to remove archives bits on sd to solve some problems but now all my games give me the error "the software closed because a problem occured"

Do you have any clues on what's happening ?

I am on 5.1 (did that with ChoidujourNX), ReiNX 1.7 btw.
I am also using an Aliner sdcard. Do you think it can be the problem ?

From everything I have recorded in tinfoil errors, that error code suggests a corrupt SD card. Please fill in this Survey reformat the SD card and try again.

Backup your nintendo folder if you want to keep stuff you already have installed

Last edited by Adran_Marit,
Reactions: Draxzelex

CobraX83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would not be wary...if anything you are beginning to unlock the full potential of the system. Do not be wary my Switch brother....proceed forth to take the system to another level.

(= I get it though...one for online and one for offline is ideal. Either way it is stable enough where you will be excited you did it. Much props to everyone involved etc and unless you do something totally off course or start crossing pins etc then I would not worry lol....but if you need any help do not be afraid to reach out or ask! :yayswitch:

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would not be wary...if anything you are beginning to unlock the full potential of the system. Do not be wary my Switch brother....proceed forth to take the system to another level.

(= I get it though...one for online and one for offline is ideal. Either way it is stable enough where you will be excited you did it. Much props to everyone involved etc and unless you do something totally off course or start crossing pins etc then I would not worry lol....but if you need any help do not be afraid to reach out or ask! :yayswitch:

Not gonna be using the pin method, but the soft RCM method for starters, don't trust myself in all honesty :lol:

Scrface

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the latest update but I thought I remembered reading something that said you cant use nsp files and only xci on it. Can you run nsp files on the newest update or just xci?

DNStuff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Question: How do I update my Switch?
My Switch is still on firmware 4.1. I have got a SX OS Pro license. Now I have heard with the latest SX OS update I can create a shadow partition where the SX OS partition can run the latest firmware while my switch will remain on my current (4.1) firmware.
How do I pull this off? I have not found a detailed tutorial or any guide on how to do that. Thank you very much. YouTube channels that show this step by step would be very much welcome too.

kkcheong

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I have the latest update but I thought I remembered reading something that said you cant use nsp files and only xci on it. Can you run nsp files on the newest update or just xci?
It is correct what you read but it is because they want to avoid ban. But since we pirate games, nsp is the way to go. It has more games.

vampier206

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  1. AutoRCM removes the need for a jig, not for sending a payload. As for how safe AutoRCM is, just be aware that powering off the console from Horizon (Switch's OS) will cause it to reboot into RCM. If you must turn it off, it has to be done in RCM. Otherwise sleep mode works great
  2. Not sure I quite understand the question here. Making a NAND backup is safe to do and there are 2 main ways of doing that; either by using the payload Hekate or the homebrew ReiNX toolkit. I recommend Hekate since it is loaded before the NAND unlike the toolkit
The same exploit used by all other firmwares; Fusee Gelee.
where can i find said guied. i looked on fusee gelees website but it looked as if it was only Q/A.

vampier206

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All CFW use Fusee Gelee; SX OS, Atmosphere, ReiNX, etc. However the exploit alone doesn't give you CFW, you need the exploit and a CFW to hack your Switch.
yeah, its like the 3ds was with luma. i need that exploit first then form there it allows me to load cfw and hombrew. sorry for the crige noob questions. i know jack shit about the technical aspect.
this still requires using the hardware exploit correct?

Last edited by vampier206,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, its like the 3ds was with luma. i need that exploit first then form there it allows me to load cfw and hombrew. sorry for the crige noob questions. i know jack shit about the technical aspect.
this still requires using the hardware exploit correct?
Yes, they are both coldboot exploits but the difference is the one on the 3DS was permanent while the one for the Switch is tethered and temporary. Anyway, I shall link the guides to the 3 main CFW
ReiNX: https://reinx.guide/
Atmosphere: https://www.sdsetup.com/
SX OS: https://sx.xecuter.com/ (Requires payment to fully activate all of its features)

viral777

mecha connoisseur
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got the NS Dongle, what types of files can Atmosphere run? XCI or NSP? Also how would I go to backup a clean nand for a just in case scenario for bans? Thanks.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got the NS Dongle, what types of files can Atmosphere run? XCI or NSP? Also how would I go to backup a clean nand for a just in case scenario for bans? Thanks.
.NSP for now. You can also make a clean hack-free NAND backup with the payload/bootloader Hekate.
Does Xecuter SX Pro work on consoles with iPatch or does it rely on Fusée Gelée?
All CFW use the same exploit.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, also bans are account banned and not system banned correct?
Accounts are very rarely banned, these are limited towards grave offences such as playing a game before street date. Typically bans are applied to the console itself, in the case of the Switch, its applied to the unique certificate it was given from the factory.

vampier206

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Accounts are very rarely banned, these are limited towards grave offences such as playing a game before street date. Typically bans are applied to the console itself, in the case of the Switch, its applied to the unique certificate it was given from the factory.
what makes a switch vulnerable to fuse gelee? and why cant we get past it?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what makes a switch vulnerable to fuse gelee? and why cant we get past it?
Its the hardware; it relies on a flaw in the read-only bootrom of certain Switch units that when a certain amount of code is sent, it will cause an error and mistakenly accept unsigned code (what we refer to as a payload). Since the bootrom is read-only, neither we nor Nintendo can modify it (except at the factory before its manufactured which explains the existence of ipatched units).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    they need to have a strong line up on the launch titles too. I think they should move metroid prime 4 to the next console because by now it has been quite a while and there's no release date scheduled yet
    lol there's a guy selling mig switch in usa on ebay for $200/ea he's definitely going to get nailed with dmca by tomorrow
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Wasn't Metroid Prime 4 teased all the way back in 2017? For the switch no less?
    :rofl2:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Pretty sure anyone buying the switch just for that got duped
    for $200? rofl.
    well as far as metroid prime 4 is concerned, the next system probably is similar enough to the current gen they can probably easily just slap it onto a next gen cart and call it good :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The switch was about 350 in 2017
  • Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0:
    mabe where you live
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nintendo president Tatsumi Kimishima took the stage at the outset to reveal that Switch will launch globally on March 3, 2017 for $299.99—earlier than some had expected at the price many suspected. https://time.com/4632820/nintendo-switch-nx/
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    The NES launched at like 250 and the rob and light gun kit was like 350 or something
    I was near the test market for the NES and man did it make my 2600 look like ass lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    There has to be some mutual agreement with them all anything over $600 is just pc territory
    next system rumored to launch at $400
    but I don't really believe any rumors yet
    need to have official info from N
    The 3DO and Neo Geo where like 700 bucks hmm the PS3 was stupid expensive at launch lol
    But at least the PS3 was only 500 for the cheapest one at launch
    My opinion is that 199.99 is the sweet spot but that spot is long gone lol
    Just played some Micheal Jackson Moonwalker.... Those poor parents trying desperately to protect their children
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    400 is a decent sweet spot if we get enough out of it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's not like how it was when we were locked down to a few options and that's it
    For me just buying a Pi and some accessories fills that not a PC void new consoles have just put them close to PC prices and all the patching and updates makes me feel like I might as well just get a PC
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Were talking new Gen consoles at launch here
    Yeah they just are glorified mid range PCs these days
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Yeah they just are glorified mid range PCs these days