Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

MeatieMeat

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I understand the risk of playing online but has anyone been able to play fortnite on there ofw that also has cfw?
I keep getting the msg unable to start software even though I am on ofw and not banned

Amilcar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Dear Community,

I am new to this and bought a switch that is hackable and comes out with 4.1 FW (never connected to Internet). I bought the SX Pro but still didnt do anything. I have couple of questions if someone can help.

- First point would be to do a Nand backup, however I need to have the SDexfat available and it requests me to upgrade for that. What can I do?

- Second point if I use the Choidujornx to upgrade to 6.0 without burning fuse it says that I need to have AutoRCM active, however I read that it drains life and it is not needed. Can I upgrade without using AutoRCM.

Overall if I am starting fresh new console, never to the internet and bought SX Pro. Want to play all games what are the best steps I should follow.

Regards and thank you all for support.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand the risk of playing online but has anyone been able to play fortnite on there ofw that also has cfw?
I keep getting the msg unable to start software even though I am on ofw and not banned
Nintendo changed the way games worked with Nintendo accounts when firmware 6.0 was dropped; any console that is not set as the primary for the account that it is linked to will be unable to play games without being connected online to verify (these run on e-licenses as opposed to e-tickets).

Reactions: MeatieMeat

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dear Community,

I am new to this and bought a switch that is hackable and comes out with 4.1 FW (never connected to Internet). I bought the SX Pro but still didnt do anything. I have couple of questions if someone can help.

- First point would be to do a Nand backup, however I need to have the SDexfat available and it requests me to upgrade for that. What can I do?

- Second point if I use the Choidujornx to upgrade to 6.0 without burning fuse it says that I need to have AutoRCM active, however I read that it drains life and it is not needed. Can I upgrade without using AutoRCM.

Overall if I am starting fresh new console, never to the internet and bought SX Pro. Want to play all games what are the best steps I should follow.

Regards and thank you all for support.
  1. You can dump the NAND without having exFAT support. The way to accomplish this is by using the payload, Hekate, which is loaded outside of Horizon (OS of the Switch)
  2. AutoRCM does not drain battery life. Whatever you read is incorrect. The only thing that drains battery are misinformed users and leaving the console in RCM. What happened was people who were turning off their consoles with AutoRCM installed found that their batteries drained very quickly. However this was not necessarily the fault of AutoRCM as it turns out that powering down a console from Horizon with AutoRCM installed causes it to reboot into RCM. And RCM drains the battery very quickly, at a rate of about 5% per hour. All is not lost as you can still power down a console with AutoRCM installed so long as you power down from RCM instead such as with a manual shutdown (holding power for 12 seconds) or using the Power Off function in Hekate (since it is also loaded in RCM). Lastly, you cannot update your firmware without burning fuses without using AutoRCM because you will burn your fuses without AutoRCM. I have compiled a lot of information about AutoRCM in this thread.

So should and how do I set it as primary its always been linked
https://en-americas-support.nintend...een-a-primary-and-non-primary-nintendo-switch

MeatieMeat

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So its not that I am not set as primary I checked it and its not that

Attachments

• 1538514563429158029347.jpg
    1538514563429158029347.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 63

Lucky16

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there!

Since Pokémon games are excluded from the official cloud save backups, I'm trying to figure out the safest possible way to back them up locally, and whether it's worth the risk.

If anyone can answer any of these questions, I'd really appreciate it!

As far as I can tell, it looks like the safest way is by doing a full NAND backup with Hekate and also dumping my BIS keys, then extracting the saves on my computer with HacDiskMount.

1) Would that work? Would I be able to restore the saves to another homebrew-capable Switch if needed? (I realise I'd probably need to keep that one offline.)

2) Regarding the error reports that can alert Nintendo that you're running homebrew - are they only generated when running homebrew within Horizon, or could an error during a NAND backup in Hekate (or when using biskeydump) be reported the next time I turn my Switch on normally?

3) Apparently there's a "booted-via-RCM" value in the PMC registers. Does anyone know how that works? I mean, is it a counter that increases each time you boot into RCM, and could therefore look suspicious if Nintendo ever start checking it? Is it just a True/False that gets rewritten every time you boot? (Basically, if I never boot into Horizon via RCM, will my RCM -> Hekate boots be undetectable?)

Last edited by Lucky16,

Amilcar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
  1. You can dump the NAND without having exFAT support. The way to accomplish this is by using the payload, Hekate, which is loaded outside of Horizon (OS of the Switch)
  2. AutoRCM does not drain battery life. Whatever you read is incorrect. The only thing that drains battery are misinformed users and leaving the console in RCM. What happened was people who were turning off their consoles with AutoRCM installed found that their batteries drained very quickly. However this was not necessarily the fault of AutoRCM as it turns out that powering down a console from Horizon with AutoRCM installed causes it to reboot into RCM. And RCM drains the battery very quickly, at a rate of about 5% per hour. All is not lost as you can still power down a console with AutoRCM installed so long as you power down from RCM instead such as with a manual shutdown (holding power for 12 seconds) or using the Power Off function in Hekate (since it is also loaded in RCM). Lastly, you cannot update your firmware without burning fuses without using AutoRCM because you will burn your fuses without AutoRCM. I have compiled a lot of information about AutoRCM in this .

Thank you so much that was very quick and awesome information.

1. Ok good so I can at least perform the nand backup.
2. So do you advise to upgrade using the choidejurnx method or mantain at 4.1? The only reason I would upgrade is to be able to use Exfat and be able to play games that requires an higher firmware. Anyway I can counter this?

Regards,

Amilcar

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Installed from eshop and on system not sd card (tried install on both)
Maybe the game was corrupted? If you really bought it from the eShop, its legitimate ticket should be stored in the system so you can try installing it in CFW and see if it launches in OFW (legitimate tickets work in both CFW and OFW).
Hi there!

Since Pokémon games are excluded from the official cloud save backups, I'm trying to figure out the safest possible way to back them up locally, and whether it's worth the risk.

If anyone can answer any of these questions, I'd really appreciate it!

As far as I can tell, it looks like the safest way is by doing a full NAND backup with Hekate and also dumping my BIS keys, then extracting the saves on my computer with HacDiskMount.

1) Would that work? Would I be able to restore the saves to another homebrew-capable Switch if needed? (I realise I'd probably need to keep that one offline.)

2) Regarding the error reports that can alert Nintendo that you're running homebrew - are they only generated when running homebrew within Horizon, or could an error during a NAND backup in Hekate (or when using biskeydump) be reported the next time I turn my Switch on normally?

3) Apparently there's a "booted-via-RCM" value in the PMC registers. Does anyone know how that works? I mean, is it a counter that increases each time you boot into RCM, and could therefore look suspicious if Nintendo ever start checking it? Is it just a True/False that gets rewritten every time you boot? (Basically, if I never boot into Horizon via RCM, will my RCM -> Hekate boots be undetectable?)
The safest way to avoid being banned is making a NAND backup in Hekate before hacking the console, staying offline with hacks, restoring the NAND prior to going online, then making a new NAND backup before returning offline, restoring that NAND backup prior to going online, and repeating the last 2 steps indefinitely. Further details can be found in this thread.
Is running homebrew through a custom firmware ban safe?
Any modifications made to a console are considered violations of Nintendo's Terms of Service and you will be banned for doing so if they find out.
Thank you so much that was very quick and awesome information.

1. Ok good so I can at least perform the nand backup.
2. So do you advise to upgrade using the choidejurnx method or mantain at 4.1? The only reason I would upgrade is to be able to use Exfat and be able to play games that requires an higher firmware. Anyway I can counter this?

Regards,

Amilcar
@Amilcar
  1. Yes
  2. You can use ChoiDujourNX to install the exFAT update on any firmware you want, including 4.1, since exFAT is supported on all firmwares except 1.0. However when it comes to games that require higher firmware, there is currently no way to spoof higher firmwares nor is there any chance we will see one in the Switch scene.

Last edited by Draxzelex,

Amilcar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
@Amilcar
  1. Yes
  2. You can use ChoiDujourNX to install the exFAT update on any firmware you want, including 4.1, since exFAT is supported on all firmwares except 1.0. However when it comes to games that require higher firmware, there is currently no way to spoof higher firmwares nor is there any chance we will see one in the Switch scene.

Again super quick answer, I will just do final questions and let go don't want to bother.

2- So I can use ChoidujourNx just to install exFAT. Reading some guides they say you need to put the firmware you want (my case 4.1) with the exfat option enable in the SDcard? Where do I find those firmwares and know they are ok. For the last part you say about games that require higher firmware. I believed timfoil could install games taking the thing that makes them check firmware. (noob here so cant past links).

Thank you so much, so great help.

Regards,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Again super quick answer, I will just do final questions and let go don't want to bother.

2- So I can use ChoidujourNx just to install exFAT. Reading some guides they say you need to put the firmware you want (my case 4.1) with the exfat option enable in the SDcard? Where do I find those firmwares and know they are ok. For the last part you say about games that require higher firmware. I believed timfoil could install games taking the thing that makes them check firmware. (noob here so cant past links).

Thank you so much, so great help.

Regards,
Those firmware files are considered copyrighted content and they cannot be shared in this forum, even through PM. If you read through the first post of the ChoiDujourNX thread, it lists several places on where you can the firmware files (cough cough). Also the ignore firmware feature of Tinfoil bypasses metadata used in certain .NSP files that inflates the real firmware requirement; it does not bypass all firmware requirements (such as hard-coding that requires it to be on a certain firmware)
  1. Draxzelex I know you have posted links before , I just got a new 400 GB micro sd it’s Sandisk and looks legit but I wanted to test it while I can still return it in case it’s not. Thank you sir
You can use the Print SD card Info under Tools in Hekate to do a quick check.

Lucky16

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The safest way to avoid being banned is making a NAND backup in Hekate before hacking the console, staying offline with hacks, restoring the NAND prior to going online, then making a new NAND backup before returning offline, restoring that NAND backup prior to going online, and repeating the last 2 steps indefinitely. Further details can be found in this thread.

Thank you. I did consider asking in that thread instead of here.

I have no intention of doing any other hacks (at least on my main console) besides taking the NAND backups. I'm trying to determine *how* safe - both now and if/when Nintendo include more telemetry in the future - making a NAND backup is. Everyone seems to either just assume it's completely safe, or not care if it's not.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you. I did consider asking in that thread instead of here.

I have no intention of doing any other hacks (at least on my main console) besides taking the NAND backups. I'm trying to determine *how* safe - both now and if/when Nintendo include more telemetry in the future - making a NAND backup is. Everyone seems to either just assume it's completely safe, or not care if it's not.
Since Hekate is loaded before the NAND, it is technically impossible for them to detect such a procedure without modifying the hardware of the console because the only parts that are loaded during this time are read-only.

Lucky16

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Since Hekate is loaded before the NAND, it is technically impossible for them to detect such a procedure without modifying the hardware of the console because the only parts that are loaded during this time are read-only.

Oh, that's a relief! Thank you very much for your help!

MeatieMeat

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok so wierd it after downloading from eshop on cfw the game launches but then comes back with an error when it tries to connect to server but when I try to open it in ofw I get that same unable to start software error

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @AncientBoi my condolences to both of you +2