SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by epickid37, Nov 1, 2017.

1. PandFurr

PandFurr Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 21, 2016
    Mexico
    México City
    Question noob or I don't know
    I installed the update for Undertale but the system still show me a software update is available so what's next
    Also I'm Cert banned

Last edited by PandFurr, Oct 2, 2018
  2. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    You can charge in sleep mode or during active gameplay.
    If your copy of Undertale is on V1.11 and you are already on the latest firmware, which is 6.0, then its possible the update wasn't installed properly.

3. Gamemaster1379

Gamemaster1379 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 5, 2008
    United States
    United States
    @Adran_Marit Many thanks for the help earlier. The questions are much appreciated.
    One additional last question for the night (anyone can answer).

If my device is set to AutoRCM, and I power it down in the Hekate menu. Can I put the powered off switch on my dock and it be okay? Or will that try to power it on (thus putting it into RCM mode) and cause battery drain?

4. Rafael Esposito

Rafael Esposito Member

Newcomer
    Jul 27, 2016
    Brazil
    There is a easy way to keep track of updates version for games? I tried NSWDB but there's no information about it.

5. PandFurr

PandFurr Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 21, 2016
    Mexico
    México City
    1.11 ohh so i isntalled the 1.10 i need to found the 1.11 thanks

6. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Once the console is turned off and there is a change in the power supplied, it will turn the console on. In your example, after powering down the console in Hekate, docking it will turn the console back on and since its docked, it will begin charging. However AutoRCM reduces the charge rate in RCM so you will end up with a falsely elevated battery level. Thus it is not advised to dock a Switch that is turned off and has AutoRCM installed.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

People have recommended me this site: https://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/nintendo-updates/

7. Gamemaster1379

Gamemaster1379 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 5, 2008
    United States
    United States
    I see, so it is recommend in auto RCM, that if you wish to dock, to put the device into sleep mode while in CFW/OFW then, yes?

8. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Correct.

9. Rafael Esposito

Rafael Esposito Member

Newcomer
    Jul 27, 2016
    Brazil
    Thanks!!

10. Maupiti

Maupiti GBAtemp Regular

Sep 16, 2018
    France
    As @Draxzelex said... yes, but you can also power off after the switch being docked. It won’t wake up as the power supply happens before powering off and will charge normaly. Same thing when using a wall charger, always connect the charger before powering off.

11. konohas_yellow_flash

konohas_yellow_flash Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 20, 2018
    Germany
    I'm about to follow the official ReiNX guide to hack my Switch and I would like to know how I can use hekate with ReiNX for that clean NAND backup. Could someone help me I'm not sure how to do that the point where the guide points to the SD Card Preperation (Where to put the Hekate file and if there's anything else I need to know) Thanks.

12. Adran_Marit

Adran_Marit Walküre's Hacker

Oct 3, 2015
    Australia
    42*South
    get the hekate bin file and use that first when entering RCM to do the clean nand backup, then follow the reinx.guide

13. konohas_yellow_flash

konohas_yellow_flash Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 20, 2018
    Germany
    Thanks for the fast reply. So it's enough to do that first then after the Backup to power the switch off and then start again using the ReiNX guide? Sorry I just want to be sure I understand that right for avoiding silly mistakes.

14. bjaxx87

bjaxx87 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 17, 2011
    Germany
    I'm interested in that whole "updating without burning fuses" thing.

My Switch is on FW 4.1.0 since I'm still hoping for a jig-less boot solution (I own a jig, though!) and it has been in flight mode ever-since. It's also still perfectly clean (no CFW, no TX, not even a bootloader has been executed).

Can I just go ahead and somehow (Hekate?) boot ChoiDujourNX using my jig, update to the latest firmware without burning fuses and use my Switch like a normal up-to-date console? Including playing online and visiting the eshop?
    More precisely: Would using ChoiDujourNX cause a risk of getting banned/traces in my NAND?

And since I would need to prevent the Switch from normally updating: Would I be able to play online using a DNS or do I need to deactivate it every single time (after checking gbatemp for a potential new FW, of course)?

15. mesakagi

mesakagi Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 20, 2018
    United States
    edit: nvm i found it

Last edited by mesakagi, Oct 2, 2018
  16. thekarter104

thekarter104 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 28, 2013
    United States
    Ok so, today is Tuesday as of this post.
    If I activate Switch Online 7 day free trial now, am I able to use it on the next Tuesday aswell, or does it expire on Monday?

17. Maupiti

Maupiti GBAtemp Regular

Sep 16, 2018
    France
    No you can’t, you will be immediately banned as 6.00 FW is available only online (no cartridge update yet) , so burning fuses. If you use ChoiDujourNX, Nintendo will know your console has been modified.

bjaxx87 likes this.
  18. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Correct.
    ChoiDujourNX might leave traces in the NAND so I would recommend making a dump of your current unhacked NAND before updating without burning fuses. However the latest firmware is 6.0 which is presently impossible to update to offline due to a lack of any cartridge with that firmware. So if you update to that firmware with ChoiDujourNX, it may flag you for a ban since it is impossible to update to that firmware without hacking. Lastly, all DNS servers block updates to some capacity however others also prevent online play, such as 90DNS.
    It will last through Tuesday however I'm sure if it will end in the middle of the day or one minute before Wednesday.

bjaxx87 likes this.
  19. mugendc4

mugendc4 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 6, 2007
    United States
    is it safe to remove the sd card if the console is in RCM mode or does it still needs to be in a fully powered off state.

20. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    You can remove the SD card in RCM. I've done it plenty of times.

mugendc4 likes this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted