Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i successfully got RCm success on my switch and am about to load my sd card. several things, i have a boat load of downloadable games on my switches SD whats gonna happen to those and can i just copy them to and from sd cards. i do not have access to my firewall or modem to block banning, how do i protect myself from the switch itself? lastly what file structure does my sd card need to be? im using a 64 gb sansdisk micro, but idk if it needs to be FAT32 or exfat, or ntfs"though i doubt it uses ntfs".
Yes, you can just copy over everything from one SD card to the next as long as they're both being used by the same console.

Change the DNS settings of your Wi-Fi to the ones found in 90DNS

The Switch supports FAT32 but not exFAT out of the box. To obtain exFAT support, either update to the latest firmware with an exFAT formatted SD card inserted into the console or use hacks such as the homebrew application ChoiDujourNX to install it offline.
Hi guys !

First i apologize for my bad english :(

I'm very new in the scene, so there're many things i don't get yet but i'll probably figure some of them by reading this forum deeply (which already helped me to understand a lot of things <3 )

But i have a few questions i can't find a clear answer, so i'll try to ask :

/1/ If i want to play a xci file, i only need to DL it and drag it into the sd card ?
But what happens if i want to update this game ? The only way to do it is with a nsp file, right ?
So if i want to update my games (xci or nsp), i'll need to use tinfoil ? (i think i read somewhere devmenu isn't working anymore on 6.0 ?)
/1.1/ If i need to use tinfoil, i'll need to install homebrew menu too ?

/2/ I'll use SX os to hack my switch, and i didn't find how to install tinfoil on Sx os. I only found for hekate or reinx, i think :(
Can someone help me with that, plz ?

/3/ I saw on another old post, someone posted the list of zelda BOTW available updates, like
"v0 - the base game
v65536
v131072
v196608
v262144
v327680
v393216
v458752
v524288
v589824
v655360
v720896"

Does anyone knows where can i find those informations about any game ?
It probably would help me to know if i get the latest update or not !

Thanks for your time, and again, i apologize for my poor english :(
  1. There are a few ways to load .XCI games but much like .NSP files, they first need to be put onto the SD card. Then depending on which CFW you use, you will use the .XCI files in a variety of different ways. For example, SX OS is the only CFW to currently support raw .XCI loading while the alternatives support .XCI installation and .XCI -> .NSP conversion. Updating them can either be done by risking a ban and downloading them from Nintendo on your console or installing them offline as update .NSP files. However, in that case it makes more sense to just use .NSP files for your games because .NSP is superior to .XCI; .NSP are faster and smaller than .XCI as well as can be loaded without an SD card inserted (if they are installed to the NAND). As for Tinfoil and homebrew in general, you do not have to install the homebrew menu (it is available as an .NRO and .NSP file, where the .NSP file is the installable version) to use Tinfoil. In fact, you can install Tinfoil if you are able to find/convert it into an .NSP file (which must be done by using Tinfoil from the homebrew menu first)
  2. There is no reason to use SX OS. The free CFW can do everything SX OS can but better and with more stability. I suggest ReiNX as it is the most user-friendly. If you want more customization at the cost of user-friendliness, then you can use a combination of Hekate and Atmosphere using this guide.
  3. The latest (meaning biggest number) update contains the data found in all previous updates so you only need to install the latest update. If you are referring to where to find these update files, that is against the forum rules and cannot be shared here even through PM. You will have to obtain those files elsewhere.
I am on the 5.10,turned on internet for moment and got update nag every time when starting a game. Is there any app to remove this?
Try using Gag Order
do i need to pay for a SXOS license to install NSPS
If you are going to be installing and playing .NSP files through SX OS, yes. However since you can install and play .NSP files for free with other CFW, I see no reason to pay for a SX OS license to do the same thing.

Dominator211

JFK's Jelly Donut
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are going to be installing and playing .NSP files through SX OS, yes. However since you can install and play .NSP files for free with other CFW, I see no reason to pay for a SX OS license to do the same thing.
SXOS has a Nice UI, from what i have seen i have to do a multitude of things to install one title.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SXOS has a Nice UI, from what i have seen i have to do a multitude of things to install one title.
I should reiterate that there is no need to pay for SX OS, especially if you plan on using their title installer. In fact, its been known that their title installer can corrupt the content it installs according to this thread. The free alternative, Tinfoil, is much better than the one they use (named Rommenu by TX themselves if you unpack SX OS) since it has the ability to do network installs (meaning you can install anything with FAT32 as well as without an SD card), a built in NSP verifier as of V0.2.1, and a ticket manager to delete real and fake tickets (to make it safer to return online).

CobraX83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a question in regards to exFAT....I have yet to have some type of error or corruption on a 400 GB SD Card but see that FAT32 is highly recommended.

If I were to reformat my card to Fat32 and reinstall my NSP's would it be best that I use Tinfoil to delete the tickets before installation?

Also curious if there is a utility to split a 7 GB NSP for example for when I need to move it to the card or would it have to be installed over the network?

------------> Thank you for any info.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a question in regards to exFAT....I have yet to have some type of error or corruption on a 400 GB SD Card but see that FAT32 is highly recommended.

If I were to reformat my card to Fat32 and reinstall my NSP's would it be best that I use Tinfoil to delete the tickets before installation?

Also curious if there is a utility to split a 7 GB NSP for example for when I need to move it to the card or would it have to be installed over the network?

------------> Thank you for any info.
Not sure why on earth you would want to delete your tickets or even reinstall the files since you can just put the files back on your SD card after you're done reformatting it. You also cannot split an .NSP file so it must be installed wirelessly if its over 4 GB and you're using FAT32.

Reactions: CobraX83

CobraX83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure why on earth you would want to delete your tickets or even reinstall the files since you can just put the files back on your SD card after you're done reformatting it. You also cannot split an .NSP file so it must be installed wirelessly if its over 4 GB and you're using FAT32.

I was not sure if something like Night Trap which is 6 GB would transfer back to the card ok so I figured go the reinstall route for ones like that.....had already thought about it though and came to the realization that it would be small little files after the NSP had already been installed so just copying and pasting back to the reformatted SD card would be ok (= Thanks for the quick response though and confirming the network installs is the way to go for large files.

Also speaking of Night Trap....I was curious the other night if it was possible to rip one of the videos out (documentary in the options etc) and replace it with something else to test like a cartoon episode, movie etc. I have not looked into the files and what extension etc is being used but will most likely start digging in the future :)

Last edited by CobraX83,
Reactions: Draxzelex

vampier206

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you can just copy over everything from one SD card to the next as long as they're both being used by the same console.

Change the DNS settings of your Wi-Fi to the ones found in 90DNS

The Switch supports FAT32 but not exFAT out of the box. To obtain exFAT support, either update to the latest firmware with an exFAT formatted SD card inserted into the console or use hacks such as the homebrew application ChoiDujourNX to install it offline.

1. There are a few ways to load .XCI games but much like .NSP files, they first need to be put onto the SD card. Then depending on which CFW you use, you will use the .XCI files in a variety of different ways. For example, SX OS is the only CFW to currently support raw .XCI loading while the alternatives support .XCI installation and .XCI -> .NSP conversion. Updating them can either be done by risking a ban and downloading them from Nintendo on your console or installing them offline as update .NSP files. However, in that case it makes more sense to just use .NSP files for your games because .NSP is superior to .XCI; .NSP are faster and smaller than .XCI as well as can be loaded without an SD card inserted (if they are installed to the NAND). As for Tinfoil and homebrew in general, you do not have to install the homebrew menu (it is available as an .NRO and .NSP file, where the .NSP file is the installable version) to use Tinfoil. In fact, you can install Tinfoil if you are able to find/convert it into an .NSP file (which must be done by using Tinfoil from the homebrew menu first)
  2. There is no reason to use SX OS. The free CFW can do everything SX OS can but better and with more stability. I suggest ReiNX as it is the most user-friendly. If you want more customization at the cost of user-friendliness, then you can use a combination of Hekate and Atmosphere using this guide.
  3. The latest (meaning biggest number) update contains the data found in all previous updates so you only need to install the latest update. If you are referring to where to find these update files, that is against the forum rules and cannot be shared here even through PM. You will have to obtain those files elsewhere.
Try using Gag Order
what causes the system to get banned? is basic homebrew fine so long as i dont pirate games? if banned what do i lose connection to, will i lose all online play for mario kart and other titles i have downloaded?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what causes the system to get banned? is basic homebrew fine so long as i dont pirate games? if banned what do i lose connection to, will i lose all online play for mario kart and other titles i have downloaded?
Majority of bans were either due to using LayeredFS (for backup launching), .XCI, or .NSP usage; homebrew-only bans are far and few between however they are growing in number ever since firmware 6.0 was introduced. Currently, there is no rhyme nor reason to these bans outside of bad luck so expect a ban for hacking the console period. There are also different types of bans. The normal, soft ban that people are used to are the loss of eShop and online play. Then Nintendo introduced CDN bans which prevented all forms of game updates and system updates alongside the normal restrictions of a soft ban. However, outside of online play, we can replicate everything else with homebrew so unless you care about playing online, being banned is not so bad.

Reactions: vampier206

Prime86

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hi guys, im giving up my project to softmod my switch, there are so many things that are confusing me and i feel this i taking to much time and is not worth the effort.

What i have done so far is to inject the payload into the switch, nothing more. If i go back to ofw, will i get banned? Have not been online at any point after injecting. I dont have a nand backup

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, im giving up my project to softmod my switch, there are so many things that are confusing me and i feel this i taking to much time and is not worth the effort.

What i have done so far is to inject the payload into the switch, nothing more. If i go back to ofw, will i get banned? Have not been online at any point after injecting. I dont have a nand backup
Oh wow, I just saw the response you were given and you weren't even linked to an appropriate guide. Before you give up, I would recommend checking one of the two following tutorials; one for ReiNX and one for Atmosphere.
https://reinx.guide/
https://www.sdsetup.com/
As for your question, we don't know.

Reactions: Prime86

Dominator211

JFK's Jelly Donut
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I should reiterate that there is no need to pay for SX OS, especially if you plan on using their title installer. In fact, its been known that their title installer can corrupt the content it installs according to this thread. The free alternative, Tinfoil, is much better than the one they use (named Rommenu by TX themselves if you unpack SX OS) since it has the ability to do network installs (meaning you can install anything with FAT32 as well as without an SD card), a built in NSP verifier as of V0.2.1, and a ticket manager to delete real and fake tickets (to make it safer to return online).
could you point me in the right direction so when i get my jig i can do this.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Dominator211

vampier206

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im at the point in the guide where i should be able to launch cfw, but when i go to launch it it says no main config found

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

when i look in payloads it only shows me reinnx, and i was wanting to use atmosphere
i am using tergarcm to push the henxat pay load each time

Last edited by vampier206,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im at the point in the guide where i should be able to launch cfw, but when i go to launch it it says no main config found

when i look in payloads it only shows me reinnx, and i was wanting to use atmosphere
i am using tergarcm to push the henxat pay load each time
The default launch configurations are Atmosphere (labeled as CFW).

vampier206

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, so it should boot when i launch that and yet it doesn't. i only see is reinnx whch when launched takes me to switch os

The default launch configurations are Atmosphere (labeled as CFW).
this is the root of my sd
coppied directly form the sd setup zip i got

Attachments

• wwwww.PNG
    wwwww.PNG
    4.1 KB · Views: 52

Kwokwo

Trophies
XP
Country
France

Thanks a lot for the answer ! I thought sx os was the "on-the-go solution" ! and since i bought it to get the rig and dongle ..!
I'll give a try to reinx, so :)

About /3/, i didn't ask where to find the updates, but if there's a website or something that can give me the history of the released updates ? Just the numbers, not the files themselves !
i think it can help me to know exactly which update i'd better to find at the moment i want to update !
I have hard times speaking english, erf .. in a more easy way : how can this guy knew that zelda botw had 11 updates, and got the numbers of them ?
(btw, good to know i only need the latest one ^^.. Kinda obvious now i hear it, but we never know ^^)

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, so it should boot when i launch that and yet it doesn't. i only see is reinnx whch when launched takes me to switch os

this is the root of my sd
coppied directly form the sd setup zip i got
Payloads are different from launch configurations. Those read from the /bootloader/payloads folder. Launch, more specifically [Launch Configurations], read from the hekate_ipl.ini under /bootloader. -- Custom Firmwares -- should have a CFW option which is Atmosphere.
Thanks a lot for the answer ! I thought sx os was the "on-the-go solution" ! and since i bought it to get the rig and dongle ..!
I'll give a try to reinx, so :)

About /3/, i didn't ask where to find the updates, but if there's a website or something that can give me the history of the released updates ? Just the numbers, not the files themselves !
i think it can help me to know exactly which update i'd better to find at the moment i want to update !
I have hard times speaking english, erf .. in a more easy way : how can this guy knew that zelda botw had 11 updates, and got the numbers of them ?
(btw, good to know i only need the latest one ^^.. Kinda obvious now i hear it, but we never know ^^)
People recommend this site for checking on game updates: https://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/nintendo-updates/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie: Currently asked for mecha mote iinchou mm my best friend to be translated but I also want to ask...