Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

dehydrated_lemur

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, I upgraded my V2 and after a short bout of my glitch taking a reaaaaallly long time to do it's thing (HWFLY V5)

This is what I got while booting with the payload=/bootloader/payloads/fusee.bin option:

View attachment 354898
hitting power to reboot ends with me having to hold the power button for 12 seconds to reboot. :-(

So we’re done here, huh? Not so fast!

This is what I got while booting with the fss0=/atmosphere/package3 option:

View attachment 354899

hitting VOL just gives me this:

View attachment 354900

that‘s no good…

but

let’s try the power button to continue next time…

View attachment 354906

oh? What’s this?

View attachment 354901

Wahoooo!

so that’s the workaround, folks…

check my dns:mitm:

View attachment 354909

shields are up!

How about serial number blanking with exosphere.ini?

View attachment 354910

looking good!

games still boot up and are playable…

View attachment 354912

I feel like a winner!

The only issue I’ve found thus far is that when it goes to sleep…it doesn’t wake back up properly and you have to hold the power button for 12 seconds to hard reset. :-(

Here’s the stanza in my V2’s /bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini file that worked for me:
You are on 16.0 now?

wikisa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
OK, I upgraded my V2 and after a short bout of my glitch taking a reaaaaallly long time to do it's thing (HWFLY V5)

This is what I got while booting with the payload=/bootloader/payloads/fusee.bin option:

View attachment 354898
hitting power to reboot ends with me having to hold the power button for 12 seconds to reboot. :-(

So we’re done here, huh? Not so fast!

This is what I got while booting with the fss0=/atmosphere/package3 option:

View attachment 354899

hitting VOL just gives me this:

View attachment 354900

that‘s no good…

but

let’s try the power button to continue next time…

View attachment 354906

oh? What’s this?

View attachment 354901

Wahoooo!

so that’s the workaround, folks…

check my dns:mitm:

View attachment 354909

shields are up!

How about serial number blanking with exosphere.ini?

View attachment 354910

looking good!

games still boot up and are playable…

View attachment 354912

I feel like a winner!

The only issue I’ve found thus far is that when it goes to sleep…it doesn’t wake back up properly and you have to hold the power button for 12 seconds to hard reset. :-(

Here’s the stanza in my V2’s /bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini file that worked for me:
I tried your /bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini but i've got error thats atmosphere/kips/loader.kip is missing. Where could I download it with also atmosphere/kip_patches, because when i google for it the things I only found are 404 on github

// okay I got it from https://gbatemp.net/threads/sigpatches-for-atmosphere-hekate-fss0-fusee-package3.571543/ after choosing CFW it succesfully boot back to the 15.0.1 emuNand! Thank you binkinator, you're the hero! I'm also have to hard reset after sleep, but thats better than nothing :)

Last edited by wikisa,
  • Love
Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are on 16.0 now?
No, that is 15.0.1 CFW.

There is absolutely NO reason for anyone to purposefully upgrade to 16.0.0 at this time.

The experiment above is just proof that if you upgrade accidentally upgrade OFW there is a workaround to get CFW running on a V2 Switch.
I tried your /bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini but i've got error thats atmosphere/kips/loader.kip is missing. Where could I download it with also atmosphere/kip_patches, because when i google for it the things I only found are 404 on github

// okay I got it from https://gbatemp.net/threads/sigpatches-for-atmosphere-hekate-fss0-fusee-package3.571543/ after choosing CFW it succesfully boot back to the 15.0.1 emuNand! Thank you binkinator, you're the hero! I'm also have to hard reset after sleep, but thats better than nothing :)

hey! I’m glad it worked for you too. Atmosphere will be released soon and hopefully everything will be much better.
Post automatically merged:

Recommended to update what?

Stay where you are for now. There are no added benefits to 16.0.0 for the end consumer. :-)

Last edited by binkinator,

Minecraft3ds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gonna ask this again because I really need help with this.

how do I extract sound files from the south park games?

I'm looking to extract voices from stick of truth and music from fractured but whole, but I don't even know where to start

dygeo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I would like a less abrupt stop than the shutdown. or I hear a (poc) noise. I would just like to turn it off in normal mode and not a sudden shutdown.

Last edited by dygeo,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gonna ask this again because I really need help with this.

how do I extract sound files from the south park games?

I'm looking to extract voices from stick of truth and music from fractured but whole, but I don't even know where to start
I’m not an expert on this topic but I’m generally just curious about how things work (on the Switch, in the world, etc.) so forgive me if I’m way off base or I repeat things you already know.

As I understand it, Nintendo reuses the same techniques for things across their platforms. That being the case there are tools that will likely be reusable as well.

I believe you’re looking for .bsfar or .bfwave or .awb or even .raw sound files.

For Switch we have hactool and hactoolnet that can help start peeling open the NSP or XCI files in search of these sound files.

https://github.com/SciresM/hactool
https://github.com/Thealexbarney/LibHac

Switch toolbox can dig into NSPs and edit a bunch of file formats for Switch, WII U and 3DS

https://github.com/KillzXGaming/Switch-Toolbox

Here is a list of tools that visually explore NSPs and XCIs

https://gbatemp.net/threads/is-there-an-nsp-explorer.512657/post-9861106

There are other threads that talk about some of the other tools available to listen to the files.

foobar2000 and vgmstream
https://gbatemp.net/threads/converting-sound-files-from-nsp-xci.561131/

audacity
https://sourceforge.net/projects/audacity/

Bunch of tools for WiiU that might be helpful:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-replace-the-starman-music-in-mario-kart-8.478691/

Hopefully some of this helps you a little and at worst there’s enough wrong information here that someone else will undoubtedly chime in and correct me! :-p

SiresM just published the pre-release if you want to try and fix your Switch:

https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/releases

sigpatches have been published as well

REMEMEBER THIS IS PRE!

don’t upgrade unless you need to, folks.

Reactions: BigOnYa

caipora

cheese eating lactose intolerant
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Not hacking or homebrew related, but will Tears of the Kingdom run smoothly on the Switch Lite?
I'm looking for buying one, but i don't want to get frustrated with perfomance when runnin TotK...

DavidL

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi,
what can I do if I've received the message and I don't want to watch it anymore without upgarding my console to 16.0.0? Can I do anything to delete it (and whatever it's downloaded) without disabling my wifi connection?

PercuOcto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I copy the prerealese files and now I am getting this.
20230223_032249.jpg

It turned the first time, but I tried using jksv and I got this. Then I got that error after turning on the second time and the next and so on.
20230223_032711.jpg

Last edited by PercuOcto,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I copy the prerealese files and now I am getting this.

It turned the first time, but I tried using jksv and I got this. Then I got that error after turning on the second time and the next and so on.

pre-release means not everything will be worked out yet so proceed with caution. There is a lot of work yet to be done for official release.

in your case you likely need to update to the latest Hekate as well:

https://github.com/CTCaer/hekate/releases

you will need to move/rename /atmosphere/contents to /atmosphere/contents.bk

(this directory will likely have incompatible items from the previous version of atmosphere such as themes)

You can find a hacky build of JKSV in this pull request:

https://github.com/J-D-K/JKSV/pull/176

dehydrated_lemur

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
what can I do if I've received the message and I don't want to watch it anymore without upgarding my console to 16.0.0? Can I do anything to delete it (and whatever it's downloaded) without disabling my wifi connection?
If you block the big N's server you should no longer receive this notification.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Time for an old salt to ask a NEWB question. And if you laugh... I'll blame it on the alcohol... lol

How do Firmware updates require API-breaking changes for homebrew, when none of the Actual Switch games need an update to run as usual?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tinfoil and my games keep saying there is data corruption after updating to atmosphere 1.5.0. I tried reinstalling tinfoil but it keeps saying it's corrupted. I've tried the self installer and nsp through gold leaf but nothing works. Any idea on what to do?
The issue is most likely the installer you're using. I highly recommend switching to TinWoo Installer instead. Its what I personally use and I never have any issues while using it.

boxer29

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,
i have got a modded switch on CFW
i want to play NSO GB and NSO GBA on this.
when i am in CFW i cant go online.
is there a way around for this to work on mod switch.
thanks

Godorowski

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi,
i have got a modded switch on CFW
i want to play NSO GB and NSO GBA on this.
when i am in CFW i cant go online.
is there a way around for this to work on mod switch.
thanks
Just instal lthe NSO GB and NSO GBA NSP/XCI files from "your backups" using TinWoo Installer?
What's the problem.

PercuOcto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pre-release means not everything will be worked out yet so proceed with caution. There is a lot of work yet to be done for official release.

in your case you likely need to update to the latest Hekate as well:

https://github.com/CTCaer/hekate/releases

you will need to move/rename /atmosphere/contents to /atmosphere/contents.bk

(this directory will likely have incompatible items from the previous version of atmosphere such as themes)

You can find a hacky build of JKSV in this pull request:

https://github.com/J-D-K/JKSV/pull/176
Thanks! That was it.

• Love

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
    Karma177 @ Karma177: @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really...