Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if i want to play online, I need to boot up in normal mode on switch and use it online that way instead?
The only way to safely go online is to never use CFW/homebrew. If you have ever booted CFW/homebrew but want to go online, you will have to restore a clean eMMC backup that was made before ever running CFW/homebrew.
Also Chodujour was easy the last time I tried it. Is Daybreak as easy to use?

Thanks
I said ChoiDujourNX, not ChoiDujour. ChoiDujour is a PC program that has similar capabilities to ChoiDujourNX but is not easy to use. Anyways, Daybreak is about as easy to use as ChoiDujourNX.

Reactions: DonAndy321

DonAndy321

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok Thanks

I have come across a video that shows you how to migrate from SXOS to Atmosphere but it says it depends the upgrade path is dependent on whether I am updating from with Emunand or without. How do I check which applies to me?

Thanks

DonAndy321

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The only way to safely go online is to never use CFW/homebrew. If you have ever booted CFW/homebrew but want to go online, you will have to restore a clean eMMC backup that was made before ever running CFW/homebrew.

I said ChoiDujourNX, not ChoiDujour. ChoiDujour is a PC program that has similar capabilities to ChoiDujourNX but is not easy to use. Anyways, Daybreak is about as easy to use as ChoiDujourNX.
Ok Thanks

I have come across a video that shows you how to migrate from SXOS to Atmosphere but it says it depends the upgrade path is dependent on whether I am updating from with Emunand or without. How do I check which applies to me?

Thanks

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok Thanks

Thanks
If you go into the SX OS menu, as in the one before you launch CFW, there is an emunand tab. It should display whether emunand is enabled or disabled. I should also strongly advise against following any video guides as they are always outdated & not made by any trusted developers. If you must follow a guide, follow a text-based one such as this.

DonAndy321

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you go into the SX OS menu, as in the one before you launch CFW, there is an emunand tab. It should display whether emunand is enabled or disabled. I should also strongly advise against following any video guides as they are always outdated & not made by any trusted developers. If you must follow a guide, follow a text-based one such as this.
Ok thanks for the link.

I did have a look in the menu you mentioned and i have an option to create one. Is it worth doing this now or is it too late?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok thanks for the link.

I did have a look in the menu you mentioned and i have an option to create one. Is it worth doing this now or is it too late?
Up to you. emuMMC is useful for various reasons such as acting as a brick shield to allowing you to be on higher firmware versions without updating the real firmware of your console. Keep in mind that it will take up 32 GB of space on your SD card though.

DonAndy321

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Up to you. emuMMC is useful for various reasons such as acting as a brick shield to allowing you to be on higher firmware versions without updating the real firmware of your console. Keep in mind that it will take up 32 GB of space on your SD card though.
Sounds good think ill do that. Got another card coming today so I'll just move everything across and create one on that before updating.

Thanks for all your help.

Reactions: Draxzelex

Tayfunx3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello is it possible to stream PC games / PS4 Games on Switch OLED? (Also using the Switch as a Controller)

If so how / which app programs? Thanks

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by binkinator,
Reactions: Tayfunx3

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
https://www.imore.com/mario-kart-8-deluxe-booster-course-pass-now-available

NADINE DORNIEDEN
17 Mar 2022

The pass is available for a one-time purchase of $24.99 USD, or as a complimentary feature of the Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack. The courses are not locked in the game's online mode, as anyone with a copy of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe can play with those racing in the new cups.

Players can download the 2.0 update by connecting the Nintendo Switchto the internet and downloading the latest software update when prompted.

The 2.0 update is required in order to play the new courses. As of the time of this writing, players who attempt to race in one of the new courses will be met with a prompt reminding them that they need to have either purchased the pass or have an active Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack membership. However, we expect this to go away with time.

To me it looks like it will be a separate update but either way it’s “unlocked” in 2.0.
I'm certain that the game would require an update anyway because new menus etc will be needed to be added, new icons, the tracks themselves and so on. So that explains the 2.0 update.

I know game updates can be applied via specific update.NSP files, and a lot of games like Breath of the wild, Smash Bros and more have DLC NSPs that need to be installed to 'unlock' or access the DLC that the update adds if you know what I mean.

Basically, I'm asking how to get the DLC courses on a hacked switch 😂 thanks to anyone that can help!

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm certain that the game would require an update anyway because new menus etc will be needed to be added, new icons, the tracks themselves and so on. So that explains the 2.0 update.

I know game updates can be applied via specific update.NSP files, and a lot of games like Breath of the wild, Smash Bros and more have DLC NSPs that need to be installed to 'unlock' or access the DLC that the update adds if you know what I mean.

Basically, I'm asking how to get the DLC courses on a hacked switch 😂 thanks to anyone that can help!
You would have to search for it on your own. It’s readily available. That’s the how. I can’t tell you where.

Update: So, I installed MK8 (never played it before) and acquired and installed the 2.0 DLC.

I can see both Golden Dash and Lucky Cat Cups, however I get the 2 scoops of disappointment:

image.jpg

Last edited by binkinator,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have two Nintendo Switches. One for the offline fun emulator tuff & what not. The other for the legit online purchases & gameplay. My question is are there any "safe" uses for Atmosphere for the legit one ? What if I wanted to just mod Zelda or have fun with cheats in offlne story modes. Would this be bad ?

You could absolutely do that. Basically you make an emunand copy of your sysnand and treat the two as different switches (cause they virtually are.) Emunand for dirty stuff. Sysnand for legit stuff. The only concern is that you lapse stupid drunk one night and forget which is which and go online and bam...you're banned with your good switch. Edge case, I know, but it could happen. You have the best of undrunkable worlds right now. Why do you want to 1/2 dirty your pristine switch when you can already do everything you need to right now?

Bangbruhzx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
good deal. Glad you got your sd card issue resolved. FSS0/package3 in emunand is perfectly fine. To install Tinfoil just grab the self installer here and put it in /switch/ directory of yiur sd card. Navigate to a game yiu have installed on your Switch Home page, press and hold your top right shoulder button (R) and without lifting off of (R) click (A) to start the game…continue to hold (R) until HB Menu launches. You can now release (R) as you are now in title override mode and can make use of full memory. Tinfoil installer requires full memory to install. You will see the tinfoil logo in HBmenu. Click it to run the installer. Once done exit out of HB menu by pressing the (H)ome key. You will now have a new “game” that looks like the tinfoil installer. You can remove the installer from /switch/ or just leave it, You only need to click on the icon in the home page moving forward.

You should be all set to install all your ga,e backups.

Can’t discuss Switch Pirhanas here but some clever googling should help you shop around.
Thanks so much!
I got it all good. Out of curiousity, which model switch/switches do you own and which is your favorite and for what reason?
Portable or docked? :)
I really wish the battery life on the v1 lasted a little longer..

Do you think the chips that are out right now for the other models are reliable? I read that some appear DOA and are made not the same

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks so much!
I got it all good.
Glad you’re sorted!

These questions are sort of subjective. Your experience (or anyone else’s for that matter) will be wildly different. Rather than take up space debating that point I’ll just rip through them with the aforementioned disclaimer in effect…
Out of curiousity, which model switch/switches do you own and which is your favorite and for what reason?
V1 myself. Pondered a V2 but there are a few (arguably worthless) functions I wanted to have. Considered a V3 but then realized all my rap money hasn’t come in yet.
Portable or docked? :)
I really wish the battery life on the v1 lasted a little longer..
Portable 99% of the time. V2 gets “better battery performance” due to being more efficien….battery is the same.
Do you think the chips that are out right now for the other models are reliable? I read that some appear DOA and are made not the same
Many are, some aren’t. You’re buying a few steps above grey market. Sometimes your chips are gonna be stepped on. Comes with the territory.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Ello