1. spoggi

spoggi Member
    Newcomer

Denmark
    Hello iv'e just ordered the sx core and hopefully i will recive it by the end of june.
    so the question is should i update my switch to the latest ofw before the install.
    or should i wait to update till after i install the chip.

2. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Probably best if you wait.

3. AnouckACNH

AnouckACNH Newbie
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    I mean without getting banned...

4. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

United States
    No if you are on CFW, need a clean NAND to not get ban.

5. spoggi

spoggi Member
    Newcomer

Denmark
    Okay thanks.Then i will stay on 6.2
    But will i still be able to play and update the latest games on a low fw.

6. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

United States
    You can be on 10.0.x right now as the firmwares are supported by sx os 3.0.0, keep in mind when there is a new firmware update you might have to wait few days to weeks to get an updated version from SX OS.

7. Notnagel

Notnagel Newbie
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
    Nope. Some Games and Updates require higher Firmwares. But if you have a EMUnand, you could update it to 10.X and play your Games on it, leaving the SysNand on 6.X.

8. FamicomHeero

FamicomHeero GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Draxzelex likes this.
  9. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

Would it be the same if I made emuNAND based on current sys, then factory reset emuNAND? Otherwise I'd have to backup current sysNAND -> restore previous sysNAND -> make an emuNAND from that -> restore latest sysNAND again.

10. Ryan1994

Ryan1994 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    I have a sd card with a emummc on it. The sd card have 2 partitions one for the Emummc and one for my CFW files Wich is formatted as exfat.

I want to make this exfat partition into fat32.
    Can I just transfer the CFW, emummc and nintendo folder to the fat32 and everything should be fine?
    Or is there another process I need to take.

Last edited by Ryan1994, Jun 6, 2020
  11. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    No because a factory reset does not clean the NAND.

Yes, you can just transfer the folders elsewhere while you format the SD card to FAT32.

12. dingusmckringus

Newcomer

Australia
    probably an idiotic question but how can i transfer photos from my switch to PC? my album is saved on my sd card but when i open it on the computer it's empty 0_0 EDIT: never mind i found the album LOL

Last edited by dingusmckringus, Jun 7, 2020
  13. Chromez

Chromez Member
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    Ok here i go, i currently have a Switch with firmware 8.1.0 and Atmosphere. It's been a while and in the past i never update or downgraded. I want to go to 9.0.1 so i can play Animal Crossing New Horizons but i don't actually know how to update the switch from 8.1.0 to 9.0.1 and how to use a newer version of Atmosphere to load it up again.

So i found this video right here on how to install custom firmware of 9.01 but he's talking about when its brand new. I already have 8.1 and games installed on my switch so its different in my case.

I'm confused on what steps to take first. Do i need to delete everything from my SD card and then find out how to manually update from 8.1 to 9.0.1 (offline) first and after that follow the tutorial above so i treat it as if its brand new on 9.0.1? Or is there an easier way to update from 8.1 to 9.0.1 offline and have the correct atmosphere for the newer version?

Hopefully someone can help me! Thanks in advance.

14. letshin

letshin Newbie
    Newcomer

Malaysia
    Argos is selling a switch set with a little 'fortnite download for free from eshop' on the front (on eBay). I can't see (or pick) serial numbers, but does anyone know if this might be an unpatched one?

I can see MPN and EPN numbers listed but not the serial.

Last edited by letshin, Jun 7, 2020
  15. SwitchNoobK

SwitchNoobK Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Main Question: How to sig patch?

Firmware: 10.0.4
    AMS: 0.12.0
    Payload: fusee-primary.bin
    Using emuMMC.

I had just updated, so I'm assuming I'll need to wait for the patches to be released. I'm not in a hurry, so I rather wait than try to downgrade (which I assume is possible but cumbersome)
    Questions:

1. Any good source to follow for patches? I found HarukoNX ES patches in github, are these enough? (once the appropriate version comes out)? I've heard of other types (kip and others)
    2. Once patches for 10.0.4 are released, is it just copy/paste into atmosphere folder?
    2.1 In some threads I've seen mentioned of having to modify config and/or ini files

Thanks a lot and please forgive the super noob question.

16. Pandanson267

Pandanson267 Newbie
    Newcomer

Poland
    Hi I bought a new nintendo switch and it is patched and my question is there is any way to hack my nintendo switch without hardware mods.

Verison of firmare: 10.0.4

17. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    The answer is no. If it's patched, you need a modchip.

18. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    First of all, never ever follow video guides. They are outdated the second they are uploaded and never created by any trustworthy developers. Secondly, you can use the homebrew application ChoiDujourNX to update your firmware. As for updating your CFW, that is as simple as grabbing the latest files from whatever CFW you're using.

Only the serial number is used to indicate if it is patched or not. The date that the console was manufactured might help though as unpatched consoles were produced only before June of 2018.

1. Just use SDSetup and tick the box with the patches
    2. The patches for 10.X has not required any changes as of yet
    3. This is for people who manually download the patches separately from the CFW. If you use SDSetup, the patches and config files are pre-bundled reducing the headache

19. Ryan1994

Ryan1994 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    How safe is it to use hbgshop (or any other freeshop) with Emummc and incognito rcm??

20. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Safe in terms of what?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - questions, PARADISE, SWITCH