Swapping music

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by destroyer27, Feb 16, 2012.

Feb 16, 2012

Swapping music by destroyer27 at 5:10 AM (586 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. destroyer27
    OP

Newcomer destroyer27 Newbie

United States
    Hi. I'm trying to hack Phoenix Wright Justice for all to make it play some music from the first game. I have the sound data.sdat file already using dsbuff. Where do I go from there?

Can someone help me? :(

2. Auryn

Member Auryn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Switzerland
  3. destroyer27
    OP

United States
  4. Auryn

Member Auryn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Switzerland
    You didn't get the second and the last part of the message.
    A quick search on google or in the forum (link below the pic), should give you all the info you need.

5. destroyer27
    OP

United States
    I already looked at google and got no luck, but I still looked and still got nothing, also I dont understand how to use the search form

6. rastsan

Member rastsan 8 baller, Death Wizard

Canada
    http://gbatemp.net/topic/320568-gbatemp-thoughts-and-links-10feb2012/page__hl__sdat__fromsearch__1 though ya gotta scroll down a bit for the sdat section
    http://gbatemp.net/topic/305204-nintendo-ds-music-hacking-looping-included-fully-explained/page__hl__sdat__fromsearch__1 when you read it you'll know.

those two alone should do you some good.
    find the sounds you want to edit in the sdat you want to change. find the sounds you want from the other sdat - then export them.
    see if you can import them without trouble into the first sdat. (this may involve re-pointing). If you need a guide to pointers then you are going to have to search for it yourself. honestly these links i got from google. I don't get how you could have missed them... they were the 3 and 5 ones on my search.
    if you don't understand what they are saying or what i mean post again.