Supercard dstwo vs seperate slot1 and slot 2 cards?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Liquid155, Aug 26, 2012.

1. Liquid155
    OP

Newcomer Liquid155 Newbie

United States
    I recently got a DS Lite and I'm looking into flash carts. I'm mostly interested in GBA emulation but I do want to be able to backup my DS stuff in future too.

I was interested in the Supercard dstwo for the two in one GBA and DS emulation (And SNES, which is also a big draw for me) but I'm hearing mixed things abut it. Everyone seems to say the build quality is terrible but also the GBA and SNES emulation is hit and miss.

My other option is to get an EZ Flash IV for GBA and something cheap like a simple R4 for DS, as together they'd work out about the same as a dstwo.

Would there be any major problem with the EZ Flash IV and R4 combo? Am I worrying about nothing regarding the quality of the ds two's GBA and SNES emulation? Which would be easier on my battery?

Thanks for the help!

2. Tom Bombadildo

Contributor Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip
    United States
    The DSTwo's GBA emulation isn't all that great. If you had the choice of a slot-2 then definitely go for it.

3. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    The DSTwo is generally used when there's no slot-2 available (which is most of the time now). It does have some added benefits like save-state and cheats and such, but it's not perfect.

Do note that an original R4 can only use 2GB cards.