Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Terminator02 said:
Nope, has to be in the same folder as the rom

Meh.. At least something the DSTwo can't do so far.. On other things, can the DSTwo remove the numbering system from the beginning of the file name? I like to keep my dumps numbered with the GBAtemp numbering, but the DSTwo apparently doesn't allow removing the numbering from the beginning of the file name.

-Qtis

EDIT: Is it possible to have a list with small names on it instead of the big names and big game pictures? I have quite a big game collection and scanning through all of them is quite a tire (especially since the DSTwo is kinda slowish compared to other carts in reading the files and making the listing) :3

Themanhunt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I am thinking about buying the DSTWO from Xpertron soon, but before I do so I checked the DSTWO's download page.

I found that at the top in the box it said firmware 1.09, however the latest is 1.12 - why is the latest not at the top?

Also, the 1.12 firmware was to support the new 3ds version I believe - though this firmware could also be installed and used on earlier models of the DS right?

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Themanhunt said:
I am thinking about buying the DSTWO from Xpertron soon, but before I do so I checked the DSTWO's download page.

I found that at the top in the box it said firmware 1.09, however the latest is 1.12 - why is the latest not at the top?

Also, the 1.12 firmware was to support the new 3ds version I believe - though this firmware could also be installed and used on earlier models of the DS right?
because the box was made before the latest firmware came out

yes, it will work on all DS's

Themanhunt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Terminator02 said:
Themanhunt said:

because the box was made before the latest firmware came out

yes, it will work on all DS's

K thanks, ordered one now.
yaynds.gif

dman777

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was thinking about getting this card and buying a Nintendo 3ds. The most important features for me are:

1) Would NeoDs run in it?
2) I saw a plugin for NeoDs, what exactly are the plug ins?
3) can I run CycloDs menus on it?

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dman777 said:
I was thinking about getting this card and buying a Nintendo 3ds. The most important features for me are:

No, CycloDS has its own cart.

dman777

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) Does NeoDS benefit from the embeded Supercard CPU?
2) Have the "DLDI patching problems" been resolved as stated in the review?
3) In the review it stated that "below average build quality, shell is poorly secured". Does this still hold true for the recent versions being produced?
4) Will it work with the latest 3DS versions being sold?

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
dman777 said:

• 'Plugins' in general...
    are nothing more than a program (ending in either 'nds' or 'plg') a Icon graphic (16-bit bmp) & a small text file ending in 'ini' - all of which are placed inside the '/_dstwoplug/' folder
  • Official 'Plugins' (those from the DSTwo website)
    Are homebrews that have been developed/made that uses the DSTwo's own memory/cpu (these end in *.plg).
    These can ONLY run on a DSTwo & not on any other flashcard
  • Un-Official 'Plugins' (those from here(being updated as we speak) or the Wiki)
    Are nothing more than normal homebrew/emulators that run on a variety of different flashcards (these end in 'nds').
    Because these are 'normal' homebrew they DON'T use the DSTwo's own memory and CPU
    (If a newer version of the homebrew comes out - you can easily update)

All that's been done is that people have made the necessary icon graphic and INI file to accompany the normal nds file
    - (all of which are placed into the /_dstwoplug/ folder) so that they show up correctly on the DSTwo main menu
    This one =>
    IMG_2580.jpg

FYI - We are not allowed to include the homebrew nds with the bmp/ini file [if hosted on Filetrip] unless the actual homebrew has been modified to work ONLY on the dstwo
- that's why there are 2 download links on the Wiki. One for the bmp/ini files, the other to point you to where the homebrew itself is

As for your other questions
QUOTE said:
1) Does NeoDS benefit from the embeded Supercard CPU?- If it ends in a *.plg it does, if it ends in 'nds' it doesn't
QUOTE said:
2) Have the "DLDI patching problems" been resolved as stated in the review?- I would say 99% of all homebrew will work on the DSTwo... there are a few exceptions but that's usually down to how the homebrew developer has programmed it
QUOTE3) In the review it stated that "below average build quality, shell is poorly secured". Does this still hold true for the recent versions being produced?
- Can't really say. I only have the original DSTwo & a Special Edition DSTwo - both seem to be the same build quality.
I've not had any problems with the card falling to bits - it's just a little 'snug' getting in/out of the slot of the DS
4) Will it work with the latest 3DS versions being sold?
- Yes the DSTwo does work on the 3DS with the latest firmware on it.
I'm currently using my DSTwo on a 3DS with firmware version 2.1.0-4E.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've seen that plugin's homebrew (.nds) launched from this menu doesn't have the reset patch to exit back to DSTwo.
You need to switch off the console (which is quite long on 3DS
frown.gif
)

@CannonFoddr :
it's _dstwoplug (you forgot the underscore)

dman777

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was thinking about getting this card and buying a 3DS. The most important thing to me is NeoDs. I was starting to think...since the resolution is significantly higher on the 3DS, will the NeoDS games look bad since they emulated at a lower resolution?

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dman777 said:
I was thinking about getting this card and buying a 3DS. The most important thing to me is NeoDs. I was starting to think...since the resolution is significantly higher on the 3DS, will the NeoDS games look bad since they emulated at a lower resolution?
it'll look just as bad as DS games do, all flashcarts run in DS mode

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyan said:
I've seen that plugin's homebrew (.nds) launched from this menu doesn't have the reset patch to exit back to DSTwo.
You need to switch off the console (which is quite long on 3DS
frown.gif
)

Actually, you can just use the Home button, close, and then restart. A lot faster.

qowenp

Trophies
XP
Country
I've been playing an unlatched Pokemon White on my 3DS using DSTWO. I can't connect to WiFi (it works when I'm using the Nintendo web browser and Nintendo Video etc.) I have a SanDisk 4GB SDHC Card and WEP encryption on my router.

Any help?

Thanks

tobi2006

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
qowenp said:
I've been playing an unlatched Pokemon White on my 3DS using DSTWO. I can't connect to WiFi (it works when I'm using the Nintendo web browser and Nintendo Video etc.) I have a SanDisk 4GB SDHC Card and WEP encryption on my router.

Any help?

Thanks

For me it also worked with WPA2 on 3DS with my DSTWO...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1