I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Marksman17v said:
Buleste said:
Marksman17v said:
Terminator02 said:
have you tried it on other online games (not pokemon)?

I have tried my Supercard DStwo, Yugioh 2011, Super Mario Kart DS.
They all give me the same error.
frown.gif
This is what Nintendo say about that error.

Sorry, tried out everything on that page, to no avail.

My patience is slowly coming to an end after spending another 2 hours on this NDS crap and still making 0 progress.
Sigh...

How is it possible... that when I set up the nintendo ds connections, from my 3DS settings, it works just fine. It says, connection successful.

Then I go to my home menu, start up my ds game, go to wifi settings in game, Nintendo wi-fi connection settings, connection one (ready), test connection.
ERROR CODE 51300!

WHAT, THE, HELL!
Why does it work when I am not in-game, while it doesn't while I am in-game!
It boggles my mind!

Though I have to thank you for the effort you are putting into this people, thank you.

What router do you have? Try using a different router. (Different Brand)

sasukebowser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Marksman17v, do you have a laptop? Could it be that you accidentally disabled WiFi via a button that you didn't know existed? (it's happened to me before)

if it's actually the router's problem, you probably need to change it's firewall settings (pretty easy to do)

Marksman17v

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The router is a Sitecom WL-303.
I don't have any other routers, I'm afraid.
Yes, I have a laptop, wifi is perfectly fine though.
Wireless firewall is off.

I am thinking of just buying one of those USB connector thingies... would that solve the problem?

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
If buying the Nintendo USB Wi-Fi adapter is the option you can afford right now, then go for it. Or buy another brand of router and make sure it if 300 kb or more. Or save your money and reset your router's settings.

Korbra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I am working on dumping savs from my retail carts, and I don't have a slot 2 device, is using wifi my only option?
edit: Woah, forgot to mention that I'm talking about dumping GBA savs. I mean, does the DSTwo even do that? I'm obviously really new to all of this.

silverbullet1080

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
A few questions:

I'm buying myself a 3DS in 2 weeks, so do I need a DSLite/DSi/DS to upgrade the card?

Can I play GBA ROMs on the 3DS with the Supercard DSTwo?

Does the Supercard DSTwo plays videos? If so, what formats does it support?

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
silverbullet1080 said:
I'm buying myself a 3DS in 2 weeks, so do I need a DSLite/DSi/DS to upgrade the card?If you're lucky then it'll already be updated to work on the 3DS - however USUALLY you will need a DSLite to upgrade the DSTwo if a Nintendo Firmware comes out to block it - UNLESS you upgrade the DSTwo BEFORE you update your 3DS

QUOTE said:
Can I play GBA ROMs on the 3DS with the Supercard DSTwo?Yes -through the GBA emulator

QUOTE said:
Does the Supercard DSTwo plays videos? If so, what formats does it support?
Yes it does through it's iPlayer program.
According to the DSTwo FAQ thread
Q: Which formats do iPlayer support?
A: The official site says:
For video: .rmvb/.rm/.flv/.wmv/.asf/.avi and etc. (.mkv also works, but not .mp4, xvid video is supported)
For audio: .mp3/.wma/.ape/.flac and etc.

silverbullet1080

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
CannonFoddr said:
silverbullet1080 said:
I'm buying myself a 3DS in 2 weeks, so do I need a DSLite/DSi/DS to upgrade the card?
If you're lucky then it'll already be updated to work on the 3DS - however USUALLY you will need a DSLite to upgrade the DSTwo if a Nintendo Firmware comes out to block it - UNLESS you upgrade the DSTwo BEFORE you update your 3DS
Thanks for the answers! Though would it have to be a Lite for it to update or would a fat DS suffice?

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
silverbullet1080 said:
CannonFoddr said:
silverbullet1080 said:
If you're lucky then it'll already be updated to work on the 3DS - however USUALLY you will need a DSLite to upgrade the DSTwo if a Nintendo Firmware comes out to block it - UNLESS you upgrade the DSTwo BEFORE you update your 3DS
Thanks for the answers! Though would it have to be a Lite for it to update or would a fat DS suffice?
any of those will do - a DSPhat is basically the same as a DSLite - both don't get updated by any type of firmware update, so there's no chance of those blocking any type of flashcard

silverbullet1080

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
CannonFoddr said:
silverbullet1080 said:
CannonFoddr said:
silverbullet1080 said:
any of those will do - a DSPhat is basically the same as a DSLite - both don't get updated by any type of firmware update, so there's no chance of those blocking any type of flashcard
Figures, the differences are only cosmetic. Thanks!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I received my DStwo but I couldn't make it work.
I updated it successfully for 3DS to firmware 1.12, and I'm using the latest EOS from 2011-07-23.

I placed the _dstwo folder and the ds2boot.dat on the my SDHC card.
Then when I boot the DS it's detected and launched correctly, I have the plugin list with "ds_rom" icon.

But when I run ds_rom, it loads and then I have the SD card blinking in the EOS and no folder or file listed.

I tried to reformat the SD card with Panasonic formater, but it didn't help.
The card is working fine with all my other flashcards.
Could it be a problem with the SD card nonetheless, or a flashcard problem?

It detects the SDcard correctly as it can boot the EOS just fine, load all the icons and background.
Why can't it load the SD content?
Are there any folder length or name limitation?

I can try with another SD (non HC), but my homebrew card is the other (bigger) one.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. did you follow the setup guide?

2. did you format with the panasonic formatter with format type FULL (Erase) and size adjustment ON?

3. there is some arbitrarily high limit somewhere over a hundred that should not be a problem for the root of your SD card (unless you just slapped everything on the root of course), the limit applies to all the folders too i'm pretty sure, so try not to go above 100 i guess (i've never gotten close)

4. do u have a /_dstwoplug folder?

5. if it still isn't working list out all the files/folders in your root

Edit: did you download the latest EOS as well as the latest patch? (7-23 is a patch, not a full EOS version)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, I followed your guide and formated it with Full erase ON and size adjustment ON.
Though at the end it said "Flash Format unsupported by the device". (I don't know what it should do at this step).
Formated in FAT32, 32k cluster size.

I also checked The review by Another World.

3) the file limit shouldn't be a problem. (my bigger folder contains less than 200 files, I'll try to split them in two folders).

4) yes, I created the (empty) /_dstwoplug/ folder, Though it seems the latest EOS is using /_dstwo/plug/ instead, no ?
If /_dstwoplug is needed, the team should at least provide it. On their instruction manual they are talking only about the /_dstwo/ folder to copy to the SD card, not even the ds2boot.dat ¬_¬

I don't have NDSGBA folder. (I don't have the files which should go in that folder, shown by the folder structure in AW review).

5)
DStwo_1.png
DStwo_2.png

6) yes, I downloaded the latest EOS (it contains the latest patches too) directly from DStwo website.

Maybe my SDHC card is not compatible.
SanDisk Class2
8GB MicroSDHC
Made in China

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyan said:
yes, I followed your guide and formated it with Full erase ON and size adjustment ON.
Though at the end it said "Flash Format unsupported by the device". (I don't know what it should do at this step).
Formated in FAT32, 32k cluster size.

I also checked The review by Another World.

3) the file limit shouldn't be a problem. (my bigger folder contains less than 200 files, I'll try to split them in two folders).

4) yes, I created the (empty) /_dstwoplug/ folder, Though it seems the latest EOS is using /_dstwo/plug/ instead, no ?
If /_dstwoplug is needed, the team should at least provide it. On their instruction manual they are talking only about the /_dstwo/ folder to copy to the SD card, not even the ds2boot.dat ¬_¬

I don't have NDSGBA folder. (I don't have the files which should go in that folder, shown by the folder structure in AW review).

5)
DStwo_1.png
DStwo_2.png

6) yes, I downloaded the latest EOS (it contains the latest patches too) directly from DStwo website.

Maybe my SDHC card is not compatible.
SanDisk Class2
8GB MicroSDHC
Made in China
no the /_dstwo/plug folder is for the skin of the official plugin menu, all of the actual plugins go in the /_dstwoplug folder

the NDSGBA folder shouldn't be a problem for DS_GAME

try removing the ! from your roms folder, i know DS_GAME has problems with a few characters

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I removed the !, but it's still not working.

I tried a SD (non HC) and it's working.
I guess it's my SD card which is bad
frown.gif

It's strange that it's working fine with all other devices and DS flashcards.

I just wanted to test new features from DStwo.
Maybe I'll buy a new SD to use the same one on all flashcards.

I may retry it with only the _dstwo folder and a .nds file. (before putting back all my other content).

Edit:
It's working with only _dstwo and 1 game.
I guess there is something which conflict with DStwo.
I'll refill the card slowlly up to find the problem and tell it here, it may help other users
smile.gif

Edit:2
It's the file "PuZZleManiak.ids" which conflict with the DStwo file listing.
The file is created by Puzzle Maniak homebrew
frown.gif

I renamed it to PuZZleManiak.test and it's working.
I rename it back to .ids and bam!, Super card DS Two can't list the current folder if it contains a *.ids

Thanks for your help.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Is it possible to use an alternative save location (ie. a Saves-folder) with the DSTwo? Been using the CycloDS Evo/iEvo for years now and I'd like the same functionality to be available for the DSTwo..

-Qtis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :shy::blush::evil:.... :tpi::rofl2:
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :shy::blush::evil:.... :tpi::rofl2: