Not open for further replies.

Ryvaeus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
CannonFoddr said:
Ryvaeus said:
Does any other SCDS2 owner have problems playing New Super Mario Bros. multiplayer?
Have you got a DSLite by any chance ??
Seems like all my problems with local WiFi point towards the DSlite being the problem
I and my two co-workers who can multiplay NSMB are on 3DSes. Maybe theirs work because they're blue...
unsure.gif

It seems this is not the first time the issue has arisen, but regarding specifically the 3DS I think it is. I've no idea why the system or the DS2 would be selective about multiplayer games; Castlevania: PoR multiplayer works, and so does Metroid Prime - Hunters (over WiFi, but that's a different connection protocal; however, the WiFi bars were working, unlike in NSMB). I'll test other games with my co-workers tomorrow to see if there's any other problem, but we really wanted to three-way NSMB.

Is there more information I should provide that can help? I've tried deleting my .sav and real-time saves, running the game from DSOrganize instead of DSGAME (using iMenu), and enabling/disabling cheats and other options. I will try deleting the game and loading it again, but I don't know what good that'll do.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Is there more information I should provide that can help?
Very weird - all on 3DS & only you having trouble ??

Only things I can think off is that I vaguely remember reading something about 'trimming' ROMs can affect WiFi (or was that something for DSi enhanced games ??)
I doubt it's a problem with different region games [e.g. WiFi connection between NSMB (U) with NSMB (E) ] as I've been using (U) versions on both cards in my combo's

- Have you got different 3DS Firmware versions by any chance ??

EDIT: you say you can't play NSMB in 'CLEAN' mode ?? do you mean it just doesn't run at all ?? - I've just tried that out & it starts up OK in the single player mode (still have trouble on the Wifi 'Download Play' though

Ryvaeus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry for the late reply, had a work meeting. You know how those go.
tongue.gif

CannonFoddr said:
QUOTE said:
Is there more information I should provide that can help?
Have you got different 3DS Firmware versions by any chance ??

Now that you mention it, yes, I think we do. The reason they never upgraded is so they could still use their old flash carts. I'm the only one with a DS2 and new 3DS firmware.
QUOTE(CannonFoddr @ Jul 6 2011, 02:58 AM)
EDIT: you say you can't play NSMB in 'CLEAN' mode ?? do you mean it just doesn't run at all ?? - I've just tried that out & it starts up OK in the single player mode (still have trouble on the Wifi 'Download Play' though
That's right, I can't run it in Clean mode. All I get are white top and bottom screens. I've left it alone for about 3 minutes but nothing happened. I'm almost certain there's no problem with the rom, though - I dumped it myself when I still had my DS Phat, following this guide. Could it be that something went wrong during the dump? I gave the same rom to both co-workers, though, and it works for them.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Well, all I can think of is that either the firmware has had an update on the WiFi side of things that is causing you problems, or your dump did go wrong (still puzzled over why my DSLite has 'Download Play' WiFi problems though

I can't help out much with the dumping problem - 'cos the backups I've been using I've downloaded off the net (yeah I'm a Pirate
pirate.png
)

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Well, all I can think of is that either the firmware has had an update on the WiFi side of things that is causing you problems, or your dump did go wrong (still puzzled over why my DSLite has 'Download Play' WiFi problems though

I can't help out much with the dumping problem - 'cos the backups I've been using I've downloaded off the net (yeah I'm a Pirate
pirate.png
)

Soiidus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got mine from Frank & Sons in Cali . Wow that USB microSD reader suckss! It blew up in my face after like ten minutes, complete exploded, I could have pieced it back together, but it didn't seem like it was worth the effort. In other news, 6 street passes lol! Anyone else have a hard time getting it out of your 3ds?

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Soiidus said:
What! You don;t play oot or DoA 3ds?
ohnoes.png
lol
course I do - how else did I know about OOT question... it's just that I USUALLY keep the DSTwo in for most of the week, & only play OOT on the weekend (if I have time) - it's just easier to flip out the MSD instead of changing the card....

Marksman17v

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello.
I am having problems connecting to wifi.

I set up my 3DS connection 1 and my Nintendo DS connection 1, on my 3DS in the settings part by clicking the wrench and going to internet settings.
Both connections are working properly when testing from there.

Then I start up my Supercard DStwo (Alex Rider) and start Pokemon White.
Then when I try to connect it suddenly doesn't work.
It gives the 51300 error.

But when I shut it down and go to the wrench and check the connection, it's working fine again?

I find it very strange, maybe someone here knows a solution.
Thanks in advance for the help I might get. ^^

Soiidus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CannonFoddr said:
Soiidus said:
What! You don;t play oot or DoA 3ds?
ohnoes.png
lol
course I do - how else did I know about OOT question... it's just that I USUALLY keep the DSTwo in for most of the week, & only play OOT on the weekend (if I have time) - it's just easier to flip out the MSD instead of changing the card....

I was kidding mate
tongue.gif

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Marksman17v said:
Hello.

I set up my 3DS connection 1 and my Nintendo DS connection 1, on my 3DS in the settings part by clicking the wrench and going to internet settings.

But when I shut it down and go to the wrench and check the connection, it's working fine again?

You're router probably has WPA/WPA2 encryption, which DS games aren't compatible with, you need to drop down the security to WEP for it to work (just a warning, WEP security is easy to crack if anyone around you wants your wifi)

Marksman17v

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Terminator02 said:
Marksman17v said:
Hello.

You're router probably has WPA/WPA2 encryption, which DS games aren't compatible with, you need to drop down the security to WEP for it to work (just a warning, WEP security is easy to crack if anyone around you wants your wifi)

Turned off every form of security.
It was set to WEP.
Turned that off, turned the firewall off.
It showed an unlocked lock now, but it still gave me the 51300 error.
Could it be something else besides the security?

2-bias

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
isoku said:
Newb question but can you rename plugins? I'd like to rename CATSFC to show up as SNES Emu on my cart.

Simply edit the catsfc.ini inside the _dstwoplug folder with a texteditor and change the line:
name=CATSFC to name=YourNameHere.
Works with all other plugins too.

Marksman17v

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Buleste said:
Marksman17v said:
Terminator02 said:
have you tried it on other online games (not pokemon)?

I have tried my Supercard DStwo, Yugioh 2011, Super Mario Kart DS.
They all give me the same error.
frown.gif
This is what Nintendo say about that error.

Sorry, tried out everything on that page, to no avail.

My patience is slowly coming to an end after spending another 2 hours on this NDS crap and still making 0 progress.
Sigh...

How is it possible... that when I set up the nintendo ds connections, from my 3DS settings, it works just fine. It says, connection successful.

Then I go to my home menu, start up my ds game, go to wifi settings in game, Nintendo wi-fi connection settings, connection one (ready), test connection.
ERROR CODE 51300!

WHAT, THE, HELL!
Why does it work when I am not in-game, while it doesn't while I am in-game!
It boggles my mind!

Though I have to thank you for the effort you are putting into this people, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/wbMbMtDBaZo?si=Z3ObLtc4Ez6dUY1b