Kira Yamato

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Being so many great teams of translation like the one for FFTA2 and the one for Subarashi kono sekai... i was wondering if there was a chance that anyone could make at least a basic translation of the menus and skills for this game.

I know it has lots of kanji and stuff but i guess dreaming is for free...

^^

AndreXL

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Better pull out that Supercard with realtime text viewer thingy...
tongue.gif

LittLeLives

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh. I can't enjoy text-heavy games if I don't understand them.

It feels like I'm missing out on a lot of content and guess-work removes the point of the game.

Just my $0.02

llxwarbirdxll

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Being a fan of the series myself, I'd like to see a translation of this game as well. I'm sure Gideon Zhi and/or Studio Llama would do this themselves, but they're too busy translation other games, especially the former.

Kira Yamato

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Im a fan as well but i always wanted to have the menu translated... hated to play with faqs to learn which one was flash and which one was aim, etc...

i can read the story in a faq but the menus are boring to translate

bunnybreaker

Trophies
Website
devlkore.deviantart.com
XP
Country
I'm not being complaicent, but I'm suprised that no one has started a translation of SRTW just because of how popular the series is.

I've just started playing it and I'm doing ok without a translation but it'd be awesome to have the menus in english as there are so many (menus) and they get a little confusing.

kikuchiyo

大阪に生まれた男
Trophies
Website
coin-battle.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm planning to play SRT W after I finish FFTA-2. And frankly instead of wasting their time and effort translating THREE games that are sure to be translated soon (FFTA-2, Kono Sekai, and FFIV), those teams would be doing a much greater service translating SRT, as it's never going to see an English release.

That said there IS a walkthrough, on Gamefaqs. Print it out and play. wikipedia also lists a lot of the common commands and special moves in the series, I believe, with the kanji, English, and an English description of the move.

Finally, some of the boards I frequented back in the day would have temp banned you for asking for a translation. It is a lot of hard work; someone has to hack the ROM and someone has to translate. Anyone who asks others to do that kind of work has no idea how much trouble it really is.

(so yes, basically, I just said everyone is stupid).

D

Deleted User

I'm planning to play SRT W after I finish FFTA-2.  And frankly instead of wasting their time and effort translating THREE games that are sure to be translated soon (FFTA-2, Kono Sekai, and FFIV), those teams would be doing a much greater service translating SRT, as it's never going to see an English release.
Yes really I don't understand all those stupid people who do what they want to do... I really can't see why there's not an army of people under my order while it's obviously the good thing to do from my point of view !

Can't add more...

kikuchiyo

大阪に生まれた男
Trophies
Website
coin-battle.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm planning to play SRT W after I finish FFTA-2. And frankly instead of wasting their time and effort translating THREE games that are sure to be translated soon (FFTA-2, Kono Sekai, and FFIV), those teams would be doing a much greater service translating SRT, as it's never going to see an English release.
Yes really I don't understand all those stupid people who do what they want to do... I really can't see why there's not an army of people under my order while it's obviously the good thing to do from my point of view !

Can't add more...

No reason to be a jerk. I don't need translators one way or the other. I do feel like they would be doing a much better service to the community by using their talents on something that will never be released in English, rather than duplicating the efforts of SE.

snesmaster40

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah it's just being impatient really.

Still SRWW is pretty easy to understand if you're familiar to the previous games. It's a shame though as this game features mecha so most people probably won't touch it for some reason.

Also someone's working on the 1st Deathnote DS game which should be good

2dere

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
The game has Voltron in it. Seriously it should have coders and people who can understand japanese flocking to it like the top screen to the bottom when closing a DS!
On a side note; Thats cool to hear about Deathnote. What was is the first? I can only think of the Kira game?

bunnybreaker

Trophies
Website
devlkore.deviantart.com
XP
Country
I would love to see this translated, if I could code it is there anyone who could translate?

Between the GameFAQs guides and this site http://akurasu.net/wiki/index.php?title=Super_Robot_Wars/W I think most (if not all) things have already been translated.

Again, not trying to sound like a bitch, but personally I'd find it quite disheartening to find out a game that I was translating was then getting an english release, but at the same time, I wouldn't continue it just because I'd started. How many people are going to wait for the patch AFTER the official release and play that version, rather than the english clean ROM? Even if the patch gets released before the official release, while the bugs are getting ironed out, when the official one comes out, most people will swap over to that one anyway.

My 1 pence.

D

Deleted User

I would love to see this translated, if I could code it is there anyone who could translate?

Between the GameFAQs guides and this site http://akurasu.net/wiki/index.php?title=Super_Robot_Wars/W I think most (if not all) things have already been translated.

Again, not trying to sound like a bitch, but personally I'd find it quite disheartening to find out a game that I was translating was then getting an english release, but at the same time, I wouldn't continue it just because I'd started. How many people are going to wait for the patch AFTER the official release and play that version, rather than the english clean ROM? Even if the patch gets released before the official release, while the bugs are getting ironed out, when the official one comes out, most people will swap over to that one anyway.

My 1 pence.
There's some info for an official release of this game ? Are you sure of what you're saying ?

fateastray

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I thought this wasn't coming out in English due to the copyrights being owned by different english publishers... (what's the word for that again?)

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
I thought this wasn't coming out in English due to the copyrights being owned by different english publishers... (what's the word for that again?)
I agree. The probability of this being translated and released in the west is very unlikely because of the legal nightmare that is involved. So many mechs are taken from so many different animes which are all under different copyrights.
This game and JSS/JUS will neevr be released in english.
The only reason SRT OG1/2 got released in english is because even though they are similar, they are all completely original mechs and storylines.

Kira Yamato

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Yeah... thats why i was asking for a translation...

i've been following this games since i got my first rom of snes of one and i've played almost every ps1 and ps2 ones... but even though they are playable with a faq in hand for translating the spirits and so... is quite boring... i would prefer to have a script of the game in hand and read the objectives and menus in english in the game.

but well i hearded is quite hard to translate because there are sooo many kanjis ^^;

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Both of mine are i5's lol
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    All right! Who stole my right sock? :angry:
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    At least someone other than myself thought it was funny :rofl:
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    DNDBD (DND×DBD) IS A REAL THING
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I didnt have school today
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz it's some kind of holiday related to the town I live in
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Am I [R WORD]?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon